Why a rubber watch band? - Page 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Why a rubber watch band?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Why a rubber watch band?

Maybe I am alone, but I HATE rubber straps. I hate the feel and the look. Does nothing for me. I won't criticize anyone who loves them though. It's their choice and their feel.

As you alluded to, a rubber strap is usual for diving, as it is easier to adjust over a wetsuit or drysuit (leaving to one side the oft stated fact that you don't need a dive watch these days to go diving) compared with a SS bracelet with diver's extension. It's a tough strap and doesn't break down following exposure to water, unlike leather. Personally, I think rubber looks quite nice in a rugged, practical sort of way, but it's strictly a strap to be worn with casual clothes. I especially like the Omega rubber straps that look like leather, which another poster referred to. Generally speaking, I prefer a SS bracelet or Nato on a dive watch.

For me, it's all about just changing-up the look and feel of the watch. I really don't like any type of strap more than another. Anything from a stainless bracelet to a leather, rubber or canvas strap is comfortable for me. It's just about changing-up the look and feel of the watch.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

I like the sporty look it gives to certain watches
    Tissot PRC200
    Invicta 8928OB Pro Diver
    Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 2503.33.00
    Parnis Power Reserve Automatic
    Tissot Lelocle
    Jacques Lemans Sydney 1-1541G

Diversity

By far my best fitting, most comfortable strap is a silicon rubber strap. It is not as versatile fashion-wise, granted. But I love to wear it wen I get a chance, especially in the summer.
    In reverse order of acquisition: ROLEX Explorer I / SEIKO SRP775 Turtle Reissue / SEIKO 6139-6002 "Pogue" (blue dial) / SEIKO 6105-8119 / NOMOS Zurich / OMEGA Speedmaster 3750.50 / SEIKO 6106 Sea Lion / OMEGA Aqua Terra 2503.33 / SEIKO Orange Monster / OMEGA 1959 cal. 500 Seamaster / LONGINES tank c. 1940s

I don't understand why they put a runner strap on haute holoregerie watches, i.e. AP Royal Oak Offshore etc...It seems cheap to me. And don't get me started on prices for manufacture rubber straps!
    Last edited by TxKarateDude; March 1st, 2012 at 07:03.
    Hidden Content

Don't make me go Blackbelt on ya!
    Terry
    -------------------
    Breitling Navitimer 01 LE, Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish, Bathys Aquaculture black PVD, Seiko Sumo, Seiko Orange Monster, RXW MM20,
    RXW MM25, Chase-Durer conquest, Movado series 800 Diver, Movado Museum, Citizen Ecodrive chrono, Bulova Precisionist

I generally prefer stainless steel for comfort and durability in any situation.
    But I have leather and rubber straps for variety because they also look great.

Here is my Planet Ocean on stainless steel and rubber. Both look great but different.
    They are different enough that having the 2 options is like having 2 great watches.

Last edited by SynMike; March 1st, 2012 at 09:07.
    seaweed, risti, Al Faromeo and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SynMike View Post
    I generally prefer stainless steel for comfort and durability in any situation.
    But I have leather and rubber straps for variety because they also look great.

Here is my Planet Ocean on stainless steel and rubber. Both look great but different.
    They are different enough that having the 2 options is like having 2 great watches.

That watch looks great with both SS and rubber - although it would probably look good on a string too
    supawabb and AAMC like this.

Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum....I am looking for an original rubber band for an Invicta Russian Diver, can you please help me find it or if some user might have one that is not being used....I will gladly buy it right away.

Thanksin advance!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information