Aftermarket sub bracelet??

Thread: Aftermarket sub bracelet??

Aftermarket sub bracelet??

has anyone had any dealings with these guys in reference to replacement submariner bracelets? I was wondering how the quality was... thanks!

http://www.qualitytyme.net/pages/acc...ets.html#11002
    Current Collection

Audemars Piguet:
    Diver

Rolex:
    Submariner 14060M (non COSC)
    GMTIIc V series

Panerai: 112 K series

G-Shock:
    DW-6900
    GW-6900

Re: Aftermarket sub bracelet??

My only concern is - which Sub does it fit? They're all different. I've had good luck with QualityTyme in the past.
    " We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Chronosport UDT Type IIa, Marathon GSAR, Steinhart Ocean GMT Vintage, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Ollech & Wajs M-4S, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007J, Garmin Fenix

i have no complains on the qualitytime's service.. i got two watches on them from past..
    in small things you can do big wondrous things...

I would never get anything after market to one of my Rolexes. Period.

This is a Rolex forum. How we allow after market stuff in the board ???????

Suspended

I know what you're saying.

I've been after a jubilee bracelet for my TOG for some time now & did almost consider getting an after market one, but decided against it.

I can see how going aftermarket for bracelets can be tempting, my local AD quoted me a figure of approx 750 for one of the new style jubilee bracelets, now IMO that is extortionate.

There are lots of times when the aftermarket product is better made then what Rolex produces. Case in point, hollow tube-like center links on the Rolex 78360 versus the solid center links with just a single drilled hole for the pins that most of these aftermarket bracelets have. Swap the clasp and you have a better bracelet than the original while still letting the world know you own a Rolex by merit of the little dinky crown on the clasp. I suppose you lose out on the 904L steel, but can you honestly tell the difference from a distance of even 10 millimeters away from the bracelet?

Yea, but I would know the difference.

That said, comfort matters to me and at the moment, I'm not sure the stock bracelet that came with my sub date will do the job in the comfort dept. A non-Rolex bracelet is an option along with other bracelets offered by Rolex (if any) that would fit.

- GregB
    Last edited by GregB; January 18th, 2009 at 02:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug507 View Post
    My only concern is - which Sub does it fit? They're all different. I've had good luck with QualityTyme in the past.

Doug's got a good point: I heard long ago that Rolex hand fits the endlinks to each watch, even though they should fit no problem.
    Just another step in the Rolex qaqc process, I guess.
    DW

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Collector View Post
    I would never get anything after market to one of my Rolexes. Period.

This is a Rolex forum. How we allow after market stuff in the board ???????
    It's his watch though, if he wants to do it let him... ... nothing wrong with that, many people purchase aftermarket diamond bezels for their Rolex, straps, custom made dials where they take the original dial and mod it, etc. you name it. The only problem will be when you take it to your local AD for service, they might notice it's aftermarket [in the case of the bezels and dials] and will remove it and replace it with one of their own and charge you for that, they're very strict on that, they might change it or they might not... depends on how good your relationship with the AD is.

Thread Information