WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Has anyone else noticed this about their Rolex?

4K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  OrangeSport 
#1 ·
When I sleep with my SubC on the wrist and place the arm under the pillow I can hear this constant chiming noise in my ear. Certainly loud enough to make it impossible to fall asleep. Also, sometimes while pointing the crown against my ear I can hear it ticking from 1-2 inches away. Plus it makes this quite loud click noise when changing the date which I sometimes notice.

Now none of this annoys me the slightest bit, in fact I like it, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same things?

#3 ·
I've head weird noises in similar situations. The cure is to remove the watch :)

#8 ·
Non of my watches are remotely as loud as the Officer's watch with the Eta Unitas 6497 movement, that thing I can hear from a solid 5 feet away in a quiet room, no joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
When my sub was new, it was absolutely silent. After a couple of years I experienced the same thing with my arm under my pillow and heard this light "ting"..."ting". Had it serviced, adjusted, oiled and $275 later, like a whisper again. So, maybe time for a servicing or could just be you..LOL The Rolex high bpm will wear quickly if not serviced every few years. And I suggest an authorized Rolex service for assurance.

#12 ·
I love the sound of my Sub's movement. It's rather musical and changes in a sequence through each minute.

I know what you mean about the pillow thing. Although they tick quietly, they must just hit the right frequency for the sound to travel through objects. Sometimes, if I rest my ear on my left hand I can really hear the movement through my arm. Odd, but nice!

#15 ·
Sleeping with your SS Sub...probably no wall or wife in the neighborhood... :banghead:
??

Why would sleeping with your watch on suggest you aren't married? Have always slept in a watch, and always will. I like to know what time it is when I wake, apart from anything else...

#20 ·
ah, right... Got ya now..!

#17 ·
And actually...I do not understand why you want to sleep with your watch while there are alarm clocks with much better view in the night....but who am I....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.