Tudor vs. Nomos Recommendations

Thread: Tudor vs. Nomos Recommendations

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tudor vs. Nomos Recommendations

Hello all,

My first post here WUS.

I'm debating whether to purchase a vintage Tudor Prince/date just or a Nomos (Minimatik/Tangente).

Currently, I have a Cartier Tank, Baume et Mercier Capeland Chronograph (early 2000 version) and a Jorg Hysek Kilada in my rotation. Now, I'm looking for something more versatile that can be dressed up and down depending on the occasion.

I do really enjoy the looks and build of Nomos but love struck by some of the vintage Tudor Princes I have seen around. I happened to passed by an Olive/Gray dial Tudor on Theo&Harris and has been contemplating the purchase ever since. What I also really like about the Tudor is that it is extremely versatile depending on the type of strap that it is on.

Would really appreciate your input.

Cheers

Re: Tudor vs. Nomos Recommendations

For versatility I'd go for a nomos over the prince. Love the clean lines of the tangente and in house movement. But have you considered a nomos club? I have one and imo it works with everything from a suit to jeans and t-shirt. Tangente is a little dressier.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MrDanno; April 21st, 2017 at 14:14. Reason: Add photo

Nomos make incredible watches. I had an Orion and loved how it wore and build quality.

I would have a Club in my collection if it weren't for the excessively long lugs.

Given that you have the Cartier, I'd probably go for the Nomos, but a Club over the Tangente.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Omega | Longines | Seiko | Shinola

Quote Originally Posted by MrDanno View Post
    For versatility I'd go for a nomos over the prince. Love the clean lines of the tangente and in house movement. But have you considered a nomos club? I have one and imo it works with everything from a suit to jeans and t-shirt. Tangente is a little dressier.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
    I have a Club and love it but I'm on the fence of letting it go to get a Black Bay 36. Compared to a Prince though, I wouldn't trade it or let it go. The Club is great for the reasons you listed. It just looks great in pretty much any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by happyrock View Post
    I have a Club and love it but I'm on the fence of letting it go to get a Black Bay 36. Compared to a Prince though, I wouldn't trade it or let it go. The Club is great for the reasons you listed. It just looks great in pretty much any situation.
    In that case, and assuming you can live without a date on a daily basis, I'd vote for tangente for dress and the bb36 for daily wear. That way you keep a nomos in the collection and have a pretty versatile two watch collection. I don't have a bb36, but seems it would have similar versatility to the club (though for my 7.25 inch wrist I might personally opt for the bb41, or an aqua terra if you need a date). Also, tudor princes are pretty easy to come by and you could always add one later.

Edit: Forgot you already have a tank. But I still stand by my comments above. Tank for super formal, tangente for business casual or dinner with Blaser and jeans, and bb36 for daily wear in other situations.
    Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MrDanno; April 21st, 2017 at 18:54.

And fwiw, bb36 and AQ 41 on my 7.25 inch wrist:

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Can't really help with your decision, but I can complement you on your taste in watches which is clearly the same as mine.
    I have a Cartier Tank, a Nomos Orion Rose and recently purchased a Black Bay 36, and I love them all!

Based on your current collection and you say you want a dress up dress down watch, i vote Tudor Prince.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Have you tried the Nomos on in person? I went to an AD earlier this year completely ready to give them my money for a Nomos Club but found it completely uninteresting when I tried it on.

Yea. I'm not very interested in the Nomos club due to its kind of chubby round bezel. The Minimatik is stunning though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information