Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Ambit Update

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Re: Ambit Update

Try googling "fusedalti". Only a few results and mostly in german, but the specs are there! After having gotten familiar with the specs, my humble opinion and guess is there are no such changes that would require changes in hardware (such changes that wouldn't work on so-far ambit).
    Last edited by kmseteam; March 31st, 2013 at 22:42.

Quote Originally Posted by kmseteam View Post
    Try googling "fusedalti". Only a few results and mostly in german, but the specs are there! After having gotten familiar with the specs, my humble opinion and guess is there are no such changes that would require changes in hardware (such changes that wouldn't work on so-far ambit).
    Apart from some of the swimming features perhaps. I've seen one of the sites that the new ambit measures "impact" of each swim stroke for distance calculation. This may require a more sensitive accelerometer, but I'm hoping not :)

Not happy, my watch is only 4 months old. Now l'll want one of these.

Rough translation..

The new outdoor clock Suunto Ambit2 in silver offers swimming and cycling functions.
    The new model in 2013, the Suunto Ambit silver remains the same appearance to its predecessor. That is also the Suunto Ambit2 Silver has a silver body and a black armband. In de variant without HR has the Suunto Ambit2 Silver the USB ca ble for data transfer and charging of the batteries are included. Suunto Ambit2 Silver HR with Chest You can find here . With th e chest strap heart rate functions can all be used. But even without the chest strap Suunto Ambit2 is a fantastic outdoor clock. A lthough the look remains the same shall have been done in the Suunto Ambit 2 Silver (s Ilber) functionally a lot. Many new capabilities once the Anwednungsspektrum the outdoor clock.
    The Suunto Ambit2 Silver is a clock for runners, bikers, T riathleten, outdoor sportsman, he Wassersportl, alpinists and A bent yours.

W here we are at the W ater has allowed natural ch the new swimming functions not go unmentioned. The Suunto Ambit 2 Silver can now measure impacts and convert as swimming times in open water swim times o f the Sw i mmbad B-ahn. These features along with the new swimming cycling functions that make it the perfect Ambit2 Suunt o-clock triathlon. In cycling, all kinds of power (current, maximum, durchsc hnittliche) are measured in watts and tellt also Movescount.com graphically Darges and gestures we analyzed.
    Outdoor sports enthusiasts will also new about the Functions of the Suunto Ambit 2 outdoor clock forward.
    The H öhenmessung is now more precisely by a combination of the barometer and GPS data (F used lti A TM). This dual fuse g from it already in the velocity measurement. The FusedSpeed ​​speed measurements comparing the data from the GPS-receiver and the integrated accelerometer is found naturally in the Suunto Ambit2 again. The Luftdr uckmessung and level measurement is displayed on the Suunto A mbit2 Silver graphically. Moreover, there are at Movescount. Com the Suunto online platform many new analysis features and great D arstellungserweiterungen. Especially interssante Pun (Point of Inter est) cts can be entered and stored in the route planning.

Special Apps for outdoor activities to tell you now when the sun and when the sun goes down. There is also a study rm-alarm and tide information. This information makes the Suunto Ambit2 assersportler for sailors, surfers and other W interesting.
    When using the new Suunto - apps should also be mentioned that several apps can be used grams lighter periods. In addition, the acquired data in the apps are used for training analysis. And who wants to motivate yourself when training especially, may deposit in the apps own music and lighting for specific events. Programming since done with the if / then logic. So if value X or X target is reached, the display flashes green (if previously set) or "we are the champions" is running (if previously set).
    The new Suunto Ambit2 Silver are a resounding success and expand the E insatzbereich this great outdoor sport watch a nd enormous. When the Model 2012 Suunto Ambit was racing already press and users with praise, and this will certainly not be the new Suunto Ambit2 sapphire anders.
    Outdoor features and navigation of the Suunto Ambit2 Silver:
    Barometer (range: 950-1060 hPa/28 0.6 to 31, 3 in Hg)
    barometric Höhenmessun g
    highly accurate altimeter with barometer and GPS (FusedAltiTM) (-500 m to 9000 m / -1600 ft to 29500 ft)
    vertical speed measurement
    Exactly and relegation meter to 1m
    Altimeter / Barometer selection
    Air pressure at sea level
    graphical representation of air pressure
    Temperature Display
    Suunto apps for outdoor activities: sunrise and sunset times, storm alarm, tide information
    full-featured GPS (SiRFIV chip)
    Position entry in the coordinate system
    Waypoint - navigation
    POI Points of Interest: important points can be entered and stored in the route
    Power-saving mode
    GPS-related height
    graphical representation of the altitude
    3D - compass deviation correction (bearing in degrees, north indicator, declination correction)

Training and multisport functions of the Suunto Ambit2 Silver: (heart rate functions can be used only with chest strap)

Real time, average and maximum heart rate
    Calorie consumption
    Heart rate limits set
    Heart rate zones (MC) adjustable
    Graphic curve of the heart rate in real time
    Training effect and recovery time (Peak Training Effect and Recovery Time)
    EPOC and VO2 max display (MC)
    manual and automatic lap times
    Countdown Timer
    Interval timer (programmable intervals)
    sensitive speedometer with accelerometer and GPS
    easy exchange of sports (movement patterns)
    Track recording and analysis (MC)
    Multi Sports Modes (various sports can be chosen) (MC)
    In analyzing these sports can be considered individually (MC)
    interactive maps and charts (MC)
    Round comparisons in km or mi
    Specific functions of the Suunto Cycling Ambit2 Silver:
    Watts of power, average power, maximum power and actual power measured in 3 sec, 10 sec or 30 sec and round performance
    Maximum power curve (MC)
    Special swimming training functions of the Suunto Ambit2 S ilver:
    Swimming speed and distance
    Swimming stroke rate, total number and type
    Swim time analysis on swimlane length, laps and total
    Table with blows, tempo (speed) and duration (MC)
    Suunto apps for training and multisport functions:
    it can be used several apps during training
    App values ​​are recorded for analysis
    S uunto apps can be expanded with an if-then logic with music and lighting
    All of the general functions and data of the Suunto Ambit2 Silver:
    Mineralkristallische cover
    Glass fiber reinforced polyamide housing
    TPU strap and aluminum bezel
    Weight: 92g
    Dimension e: 18 mm thick and a housing diameter of 50.5 mm

Time, date, alarm, dual time
    Language (EN, DE, ES, FI, FR, IT, NL, PT, SV)
    Water resistant to 100 meters (ISO2281)
    GPS-based timing
    Change between N-and P egativ ositiv - display possible
    Selectable backlight itself
    Key lock for all actions or buttons
    Battery status indicator
    Battery life 15 hours at 1 GPS / s mode and 50 hours in 60 / s mode and 30 days in pure clock function

metric and imperial units
    adjustable recording interval 1s and 10s
    Clock settings via Movescount.com
    Data transfer and charging via USB cable
    improved analysis of individual sports (movements) over Movescount.com
    the analysis of the movements (sports) can be expanded with text and images to Movescount.com
    Included Suunto Ambit2 Silver:
    USB cable for data transfer and battery charge
    Instructions

Ouch

€ 549.00
    Includes VAT, including shipping

Wow
    Or a Funding option: € 25.44 / month for 24 month term

I would just like a Storm Alarm, weather trend arrow, and count down timer. This is like asking a 5 star reasurant if they can make a decent hamburger.........so far I am stumping the chef at Suunto.
    Joakim Agren and icuriosity like this.

must be Aprils fools joke :) they haven't made new watch in ~10 years (from X10 to Ambit) and now done new version in a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Enzomx View Post
    must be Aprils fools joke :) they haven't made new watch in ~10 years (from X10 to Ambit) and now done new version in a year?
    I asked suunto about it yesterday but they didn't answer yet.
    The children of humanity are each others limbs
    That shares an origin in their creator
    When one limb passes its days in pain
    The other limbs can not remain easy
    You who feel no pain at the suffering of others
    It is not fitting you be called human

The Great Persian Poet, Hafez

I'm not sure about this new 'fusedALTI' but pretty much all features listed above are possible to implement in 'old' Ambit via new firmware or at least i sure hope so :(

@bysini give us a feedback about Suuntos answer on that one.

I will update you as soon as suunto send me an email.
    The children of humanity are each others limbs
    That shares an origin in their creator
    When one limb passes its days in pain
    The other limbs can not remain easy
    You who feel no pain at the suffering of others
    It is not fitting you be called human

The Great Persian Poet, Hafez

Why is this called Ambit 2?

Seem to be variation of looks just like with the Core. No HW change (except Sapphire crystal in the Sapphire version). All these new functions should be possible with a new FW update from Suunto in the current Ambit. To truly be a Ambit 2 it should have a vibration alarm(this new Ambit software will apparently have support for the new ANT+ device profile Audio Control so it will be able to act as a remote for an audio device, so can be used as a form of alert when using a audio device, how that will work I do not know but that is not a full replacement for vibration alerts because you will not always have access to a audio device) some wireless function (BT 4.1 anyone?), and maybe something else like bigger memory space.

But I fully expect all these changes to be made available to us current Ambit users!

As for the changes I like all of them but there is still some stuff not added and some concerns. We do not yet know if the new storm alarm function is as smart as it was in the X10 where it was usable even when moving vertically because it was tied in/assisted by the GPS. If it is as limited as in the Core then that is not ok given the Ambits capacity with built in GPS to assist the function when on the move. Have the GPS time sync been improved? As it is now it is only usable when the time is not off more than 15 minutes and that is to lame compared to what the fenix and the old X10 could do. Still only 1 minute and 1 second GPS sample rates? We need a third 15-20 second sample rate for walking speeds, 1 second is to fast and 60 second too slow. Still no Temperature Tempe support? (The Ant+ Environment device profile should be added so that Tempe would work). I see no indication of a new data format, a binary format just like in the fenix would be a welcome addition since that increases the amount of available data points within the constraints of very limited memory space. Also I think the alarm function should be improved and a full world time function with a quick switch function. The dual time function is a bit lame. But I do like that we will finally get a Timer and Interval Timer functionality! Just hope it will be implemented correctly.

These are my observations with the information we now have about Ambit 2....
    Last edited by Joakim Agren; April 1st, 2013 at 21:11.
    Mystro likes this.

Thread Information