Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ambit2 R

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ambit2 R

Interesting. A new Ambit model announced. Specifically targeting runners. Most likely competing with the lower budget GPS watches from Garmin etc. I imagine it'll be a cut down version of the 2S, without the multisport features. I can't make out any of the marketing text in the photo.

Name:  IMG20140123_002751_138262177.jpg
Views: 2653
Size:  109.7 KB

@OutdoorsNWMag Runners will rejoice with Suunto's newest offering, Ambit 2R just released today at Outdoor Retailer! #Suuntousa Runners will rejoice with Suunto's newest offering, Ambi... on Twitpic

Link to Tweet: https://twitter.com/OutdoorsNWMag/st...98871777779712

Re: Ambit2 R

Think some text says route navigation, planning runs on movescount.com, running specific apps... is what i can make out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Another pic from the Suunto booth at the OR show. Ambit soup

Name:  Screenshot_2014-01-23-00-58-53~2.jpg
Views: 2608
Size:  142.0 KB

@PhilVilleneuve Think I need to get another trench coat... Ow.ly - image uploaded by @PhilVilleneuve #Suunto #Ambit2 #Ambit2S #Ambit2R #ORWM14 #ORShow

Link to Tweet: https://twitter.com/PhilVilleneuve/s...85160140439552

This is what I think it says:

Suunto Ambit2 R is optimised for your perfect running experience. Built-in gps and accelerometer powered accurate pace, speed, cadence and distance, while full route navigation offers you the freedom to explore. Heart rate monitoring, training plans and running apps make it easy to improve and keep track of every aspect of your performance. Discover a new dimension of running.

PLAN, ANALYZE AND SHARE YOUR RUNS IN MOVESCOUNT.COM
    RUNNING SPECIFIC SUUNTO APPS
    ROUTE NAVIGATION, 12HR BATTERY LIFE WITH GPS ACTIVATED

Cadence without a footpod? Finally. Now will the existing Ambit 2 and 2s users get that feature?

It would be nice. If they can track swimming strokes then the hardware must be capable of running cadence.

Quote Originally Posted by paul1928 View Post
    Cadence without a footpod? Finally. Now will the existing Ambit 2 and 2s users get that feature?
    !!!! Exactly what I was thinking.

Hopefully this will be a feature in the next firmware release as the last update was pretty useless....hardware should be capable i think as ambit2 has an accelerometer. Please Suunto, give us cadence and proper training plans! And also fix the faulty display of 'battery power left'.....suunto ambit2 needs further development!

Quote Originally Posted by BAM1 View Post
    Hopefully this will be a feature in the next firmware release as the last update was pretty useless....hardware should be capable i think as ambit2 has an accelerometer. Please Suunto, give us cadence and proper training plans! And also fix the faulty display of 'battery power left'.....suunto ambit2 needs further development!
    x2!

So, anyone got any more detail yet? Nothing on Suunto's web page yet (and no unlinked pages that I could guess the URL of)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information