Ball AeroGMT II pre-order available for US now
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ball AeroGMT II pre-order available for US now

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ball AeroGMT II pre-order available for US now

Search - aerogmt

The prices look great, I may have to pull the trigger on my first ball since it's about 60% the price of any AeroGMT I can find right now. Curious if you all think the pre-order pricing will hurt resale at some point. Anyone have pics of of their AeroGMT in blue?

Re: Ball AeroGMT II pre-order available for US now

Hah, they want $600 for a second nato strap, that seems ridiculous. Can anyone find a more expensive nato?

Some comments on this. I preordered this model last month, with the blue dial and rubber strap. Product code was DG2018C-P1CJ-BERD. Playing with the current preorder now, I realized that even though I selected the same blue dial and rubber strap and specs is the same, product code is now DG2018-P2C-BE.

Since the specs are the same, different product code seems ok to me especially when the current preorder is slightly more expensive (not sure whether due to currency difference).

But what's rather alarming is that playing with the limited edition number, I realized that can I can choose my *same* number again.

To me, this seems that product code is different for different market (anyone can confirm ?) even if specs are the same. And unless there is an IT error, limited edition number can be repeated even for the same watch model, color and bracelet type. Maybe it's limited only within the the geological market and if we cross the ocean, we might see the exact same watch with the exact same "limited edition" number we are wearing ?

I'm actually ok if this is the case.. since the draw is the watch itself. But hope we can have more transparency on what is meant by Ball's definition of "limited edition".

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

For other Ball limited edition issues (I've owned many), the term "limited edition" has referred to a fixed amount of watches, such as 125, or 1000 targeted for a specific region. These are all assigned separate serial numbers in addition to their issue number within the limited edition run. There would not be two identical serial numbers, of course, nor would there be two identical issue numbers. The middle designations of the product code usually have to do with how the watch is packaged--different codes for bracelet vs. straps, for example, and likely different codes for differences between straps (colors, composition?), if offered. The fact that you can choose the same number again does not mean that you will get it--if it is the exact same watch model for which the number has already been issued, you won't.
    Three's Enough...
    BALL Fireman First Generation
    BALL Trainmaster Cleveland Express
    BALL Trainmaster Standard Time

Hi timefleas,

Thanks for the explanation. It's just I'm not used to limited edition being specific to a region only.. Thought limited edition means limited to the total quantity of same models. Nobody knows the total number of regions, so the "exclusiveness" related to "limited edition" is indeed limited. Any idea if this definition is what the watch industry uses in general ?

I got the Voyager.. yes, noticed that there is a separate serial number too.

I compared using the same dial color and exact bracelets, so from my observation, the market matters too regarding the middle and last designation of the product code.

Your last sentence is quite impossible to test out short of performing a full checkout and hopefully being rejected eventually :)

I'm thinking of one more possibility, restrictions on the amount of tritium for different markets. I got the impression the watch I ordered is exactly the same as what's offered for the US market.. But perhaps not, due to amount of tritium in the tubes ? Maybe this explains the different product code other than the region.

Hi inthepit,

Sorry for digressing in my previous posts. Thought the limited edition thingy matters to some of us. Hope u pull the trigger too, it's a nice watch.

Btw, it shows $600 on your screen for the nato strap? Coz on my screen, the additional nato strap cost around USD $100.

I think they know this will be a hot model and will making incremental upgrades. For instance model name DG2816A, and now DG2018C. If they continue this arrangement, we may see a DG2020E in two more years from now ;)

Very tempting indeed!

Karkarov and surfuz like this.

I ordered this, with extra nato strap.

GregoryD and Sgt.Pepper like this.

This is a nice watch if I didn't already have a Ball with the same case I would be all over it. I still don't have a GMT in my collection and this would have been the one

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by surfuz View Post
    Hi inthepit,

Sorry for digressing in my previous posts. Thought the limited edition thingy matters to some of us. Hope u pull the trigger too, it's a nice watch.

Btw, it shows $600 on your screen for the nato strap? Coz on my screen, the additional nato strap cost around USD $100.

I think they know this will be a hot model and will making incremental upgrades. For instance model name DG2816A, and now DG2018C. If they continue this arrangement, we may see a DG2020E in two more years from now ;)

Looks like they fixed the nato pricing it was $685 instead of $85 it shows now.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information