WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Ball EM II Diver Bezel question

617 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  samanator 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi I have a Ball EM II Diver, which recently was serviced because the stem came loose, now I notice that when the minuet hand is at 52 mins, and you rotate the bezel, the 30 minute marker crashes with the minute hand and moves the minute hand for good 5 minute marks and then it stops and the bezel continues to rotate, with the rest of the big marker on the bezel it only slightly pushes the minute hand up. and only happens when the minute hand is in 52 or 8 minutes.

Last time I serviced the watch it was a real hazel, because I don't have proof of purchase, I had to ship the watch all the way to Switzerland and even had to pay taxes, for some odd reason.

what could cause this? should I have it repaired locally?

#2 · (Edited)
Re: Ball EM II Diver Bezel problem

Possibly from shipping. I would contact Ball (possibly US) about this with your service invoice (Mexico is serviced by Ball US). As noted here before repairs are warranted for 1 year by Ball. Your AD could assist with proof of purchase so I'm not certain what the hassel would be if you bought from an AD and the 2 or 3 year warranty was still in place. If you did not buy from an AD then you would have no warranty (having a blank warranty card or one stamped with someone elses name would not make it valid).

If it was under warranty then I would seek a refund if the AD can provide proof of purchase for you as the original owner to Ball and the inservice date? As far as taxes this is generally not charged on warranty repairs if you complete the paper work correctly. I assume they do charge taxes for non warranty repairs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.