Ball Road Master Preorder - Page 4
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Ball Road Master Preorder

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Ball Road Master Preorder

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    I think we need to push back before these new models release on the lack of a tube in the second hands of many of these models. Now if they use the GMT mini tube in these second hands that would be slick and very clean. Then fix the GMT hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    I don't know, the only one of these preorders I have jumped on since they started with the silver/bronze stars is the Voyager, and it had the second hand tube. This Roadster model is just too plain for me. I would probably go in for maybe a new moonphase or something though.....

I guess we have to give credit to Ball for trying something new either way.

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    I think we need to push back before these new models release on the lack of a tube in the second hands of many of these models. Now if they use the GMT mini tube in these second hands that would be slick and very clean. Then fix the GMT hand.
    The preorder of the Engineer III King showed an illuminated second hand or I wouldn't have bought the stainless version.

Name:  b3k15 copy.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  141.2 KB
    Last edited by SteveJ; April 19th, 2017 at 01:06.
    Karkarov likes this.

I really like the looks of the gray dial one on the SS bracelet. It looks like a lot of watch for the money.
    omeglycine, OSUMBA2003 and SteveJ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gaopa View Post
    I really like the looks of the gray dial one on the SS bracelet. It looks like a lot of watch for the money.
    I sure agree with you. I preordered the black 43mm on steel. So, hopefully, there will be another reason to look forward towards the end of summer.

Count me as another who really likes the Road Master. I am at least thinking about the preorder. But I do agree that the date window is...strange, and that the gmt hand is incongruent with the lumed chapter ring. And yeah, why are there so many markers around the dial?

I just went from "Hello. What's your name?" at first glance to "Oh look, I have to go. I got a...thing."

If I haven't already got the bmw gmt, i would totally consider the roadmaster, especially the black case with grey dial. IMO the style and feel of the this model is very different from the bmw collection.
    Name:  Back.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  907.9 KBName:  Front.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  849.8 KB

God forbid they spend an extra couple dollars to get a custom date wheel with the movements so the window can line up with the hour markers. I won't even complain that it's white; the hour markers are so big the date window could have blended in with them if they were on the same radius.

This company must consist of one designer sitting at a table with 15 accountants.
    thecouchguy likes this.

After reading all the posts about the date window... I agree with you, at first glance it did not jump at me, but now... what is the purpose of the second offset rectangle? I still believe one of the best date windows of all my collection is the BALL EM II Diver...I love the brushed steel detail.
    emonje, Karkarov and SteveJ like this.
    Collection:
    -TAG Heuer Professional quartz- Omega Sea Master automatic Vintage- Breitling Colt Automatic- Junkers GMT Aviator- TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Chronograph Tachymeter- Rolex DateJust SS- Ball EM II Diver Green Bazel- TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 1- MIDO Multifort Chronograph PVD- Steinhart Aviation GMT- Steinhart Nav B-Uhr Vintage Titanium - TAG Heuer Monaco Calibre 12 Steve McQueen Chronograph- TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 36 Flyback Chronograph- Steinhart Ocean One Black- Ball & BMW 100th Anniversary Chronometer Power Reserve- Ball & BMW Chronograph Chronometer

Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    God forbid they spend an extra couple dollars to get a custom date wheel with the movements so the window can line up with the hour markers. I won't even complain that it's white; the hour markers are so big the date window could have blended in with them if they were on the same radius.

This company must consist of one designer sitting at a table with 15 accountants.
    LOL!
    That would leave four people building watches, because according to my admittedly limited research on the company they claim a total of twenty employees.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    The preorder of the Engineer III King showed an illuminated second hand or I wouldn't have bought the stainless version.

Name:  b3k15 copy.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  141.2 KB
    Yes but the majority of the new releases do not. How can you build an EHC with no second hand Lume?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    SteveJ likes this.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information