Skinndiver II a very good watch!!!!!
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Skinndiver II a very good watch!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Skinndiver II a very good watch!!!!!

Well just received another Ball watch today and must say what a effort the company has made with this stunning watch

Never seen any version before just went and got one (always with the help from forum information).

I do have a mixed bag, world chrono, airbourne, moonphase, and a few others but this one is so good, just my opinion and no need

to go into review mode. If your looking a diver check this out a very very good watch.

Well done Ball!!!!!

Re: Skinndiver II a very good watch!!!!!

Great choice. One of their best models, IMHO.

Pictures please when convenient.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

Absolutely it is. With everything else in my rotation, the Ball might stick out like a sore thumb, but the truth is that it spends more time on my wrist than the others combined. It's just a tough watch that's very comfortable and I don't have to baby or worry about. My only complaint is the date complication at 4:30. Really wish that: A) they left it off completely; B) if they're going to have one, put it at 3 or 6; and C) use a white-on-black date wheel instead of black-on-white. Otherwise, I cannot find fault for what it is.

Regards,
    Alysandir
    Current rotation:
    - Ball EMII Skindiver II w/ tritium "T" lume
    - Blancpain FF Bathyscaphe Chronographe 5200.1110.70B
    - Bremont Boeing Model 247 Ti-GMT
    - Rolex Daytona 116523-WSO/78593

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

For all of it's upgrades from the Generation one the larger case size eliminated the universal fit and balance of the SD 1st generation watch. Now it is a large wrist size watch only. I have a 7.5" wrist and prefer the generation one much more. It is nearly Rolex Sub like in its ability to fit small and large wrists (Well maybe not Alysandir's). This is a watch crying out for two case sizes since it is possibly the best diver Ball has ever made. I could live with it being either date at the 4:30 (dates at the 3 cut into the tubes),or ND. The other thing I've head form several mid wrist size owners (about 7") of the SD II is that the case back logo cuts into their wrist. I think some of this is due to the watch being very top heavy and moves around a bit more than it should.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    For all of it's upgrades from the Generation one the larger case size eliminated the universal fit and balance of the SD 1st generation watch. Now it is a large wrist size watch only. I have a 7.5" wrist and prefer the generation one much more. It is nearly Rolex Sub like in its ability to fit small and large wrists (Well maybe not Alysandir's). This is a watch crying out for two case sizes since it is possibly the best diver Ball has ever made. I could live with it being either date at the 4:30 (dates at the 3 cut into the tubes),or ND. The other thing I've head form several mid wrist size owners (about 7") of the SD II is that the case back logo cuts into their wrist. I think some of this is due to the watch being very top heavy and moves around a bit more than it should.
    I think your comments regarding sizes is a very good one, well a 40 mm version would be a great option, I have a 7.5 wrist and it fits well.
    The simple dial layout is spot on (you can read the time) date is here or there on any watch, the lume again spot on. Bracelet one of the best I seen ball do and on par with the if not above the other high end brands. For the money a watch you should enjoy and proud to wear. Can not be perfect as why do we buy
    so many, just a very good effort from Ball.

The other thing I've head form several mid wrist size owners (about 7") of the SD II is that the case back logo cuts into their wrist.
    Have to agree on this one as well. When I first started wearing it, the engraving on the back irritated my wrist something fierce, but that was also when I had no alternative than to wear the watch snug. Now that I have a little play in it, I find it doesn't bother me so much. But yeah, this is one of the heavier watches I own and I can certainly see why both the size and weight would irritate the wearers who don't have hamhocks like me.

Still would prefer they left the date off altogether...

Regards,
    Alysandir
    Current rotation:
    - Ball EMII Skindiver II w/ tritium "T" lume
    - Blancpain FF Bathyscaphe Chronographe 5200.1110.70B
    - Bremont Boeing Model 247 Ti-GMT
    - Rolex Daytona 116523-WSO/78593

honestly, ball made quality time piece.
    mostly their product is great for value also.
    Ball Hydrocarbon Magnet Chronograph,
    Ball Hydrocarbon Space Master,
    Seiko Monster 2nd Gen SRP315j1 (Diy lume bezel),
    Helson Shark Bronze (Diy Lume Bezel),
    Zelos Hammerhead Brone (OTW)

Used To Owned
    Seiko Premier Kinetic Perpetual Calender SNP023P1,
    Orient Aviator EM7A001D,
    Ball Engineer Master II Aviator 46mm,
    Seiko Black Monster 2nd Gen SRP301J1,
    Seiko Map Meter SKZ225K1,
    Lumiox Sentry 0200,
    Seiko Monster 2n Gen SRP315,
    Seiko SRP227 (Baby Tuna),
    SevenFriday SF-P1/01,
    Ancon Magnus AGC-4 Al_Bronze,
    Ball Trainmaster Cannonball,
    Seiko SRP231 (Baby Tuna),
    Deep Blue Master 1000 Batman Bezel,
    Seiko Prospex kinetic GMT SUN023.

For all of it's upgrades from the Generation one the larger case size eliminated the universal fit and balance of the SD 1st generation watch. Now it is a large wrist size watch only. I have a 7.5" wrist and prefer the generation one much more. It is nearly Rolex Sub like in its ability to fit small and large wrists (Well maybe not Alysandir's). This is a watch crying out for two case sizes since it is possibly the best diver Ball has ever made.
    Agree. The v.2 feels like an entirely different watch, and not as much an evolution of the original. Kinda more keen on the v.1, as it's more faithful to the original.

Pics people! Where are the photos?!

Happy New Year!

Without pics, when I see the word Skindiver, I think of this:

Last edited by yankeexpress; 2 Weeks Ago at 20:38.
    Boycott fb, refuse to be the product that fb sells to advertisers.

Quote Originally Posted by suntantel View Post
    Well just received another Ball watch today and must say what a effort the company has made with this stunning watch

Never seen any version before just went and got one (always with the help from forum information).

I do have a mixed bag, world chrono, airbourne, moonphase, and a few others but this one is so good, just my opinion and no need

to go into review mode. If your looking a diver check this out a very very good watch.

Well done Ball!!!!!
    Never happened without pics:(
    However Ball makes beautiful watches have my first dress watch coming next week a Conductor Transcendent on bracelet should go nicely with my Engineer Hydrocarbon since both have Arabic numerals can't wait will be sure to post pics

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information