WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

203 Arktis vs. 103 A Sa B

5K views 38 replies 17 participants last post by  jakeblixx 
#1 · (Edited)
With 103 A Sa B trickling in on a weekly bases, I want to bring something extra to the table with this post. I received my #226 a week ago, but have been so busy lately, never got a chance to take it out of box until now. Even tonight, it was just a quick 5min to get some photos then back into the box. Will take some better photos tomorrow in natural light. I ordered my 103 on 8/20th, that is pretty much the first day it was available for public ordering so I'm a bit surprised that some folks ordered after me got theirs before. Not the type that care about the low numbers so it doesn't really bother me.

Technology Electronic device

Watch Ink Fashion accessory

Watch Pen Everyday carry Games

Cool, a nice cloth for cleaning the watch.
Watch Fashion accessory

203 Arktis and 103 A Sa B side by side. The case, crown and pushers are identical, polished. Obvious differences are the bezel, dial and hands. This Arktis came with the same blue croc embossed leather strap. Personally I don't like shinning leather nor croc, so it was replaced with a blue "Perlon" like NATO. The dial design of 103 is cleaner without the numerals. The reverse blue panda dial of 103 is extremely attractive. 203 is no slouch, the sub-dials of 203 have guilloche to provide a subtle pop from the main dial.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

The color of the two dial a noticeable different. This is something you will not pickup if just looking at the images of these two on Sinn.de. 203 had more reddish tone in the blue, under certain light conditions the dial looks blue. 103 has more gray tone in the blue, it stays blue under.

203 bezel is stainless steel with no insert, the marking are black ink filled embosses. 103 bezel is SS with blue aluminum insert, Sinn tried to match the insert color to the dial, but that would not really be possible since the two items are of different material and color applied with different process. The PIPs of the watch looked to be identical, almost all x03 have this same PIP.

103 has the display back. 203 has a solid SS back, with a snowflake and -45* marking. 203 was the watch that SINN pioneered many cold weather technology that is still in use with many Sinns.
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Brand

The sub-dial of 103 is of cream color. IMHO a great choice and looks better than white for this watch.

One more side by side.

That is it for now, my better half is looking at me with suspicion. Time to go. Will try to take more photos tomorrow.

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Comparison continues..

Here is 203 Arktis

Here is the new comer 103 A Sa B (LE)

You might have pick it up already. Arktis only have AR coating on inside, while LE is double sided.

As noted before the dial is one of the areas of differences between these two. Let's start with some close up of Arktis first.

Notice the blue color of the dial is really vibrate, and it actually has a sun burst texture. The sub-dials is stepped down and has the guilloche. Note the sub-dial color is purple-ish compare to rest of the dial.

Dial is LE up close.

Compare to Arktis, LE color is a bit muted with slight gray hue. Again the sun burst is visible. The sub-dials really standout in a good way. They are of dish recessed at the boarded then guilloche texture toward the center... Reminiscent of Speedy sub-dial. The color is of a light cream color.

The hands are different between the two. Arktis hands are baton hands, while LE are of cathedral hands, same hands as 103 and 104.

Also interesting that Arktis was designed for cold water diving and exploration, but it has the numeral marking of classic flieger watch with missing 12, 3, 6 and 9.

If just looking at the dials and hands, LE looks more classy, while Arktis looks more sporty. IMHO. I really like the Arktis, but always thought the bezel was a bit odd. I think it's the tooth design that looks out of character for a tool/sport watch, as I actually like all SS bezel on watches.

Just one lume shot since SINN lume isn't something to write home about.

Neither sub-dials have and lume, but LE has lume second chronograph hand. What's interesting is the LE PIP color is greener than rest of the lume.

Some bonus shots.

Here is my x03 family shot.

103 DIAPAL Ti, 103 A Sa B, 203 Arktis, 303

Couple more side x side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Each of them has something unique that caused me to acquire them at the first place. I don't plan on letting go any of them. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Diegos
#9 ·
Just when my Arktis lust had settled. Dammit.

#14 ·
Very informative post and comparison. Both are great watches, you are fortunate to have them in your collection.

#19 ·
Would you accept leather seats in a work truck, say a Ford F-250 or Chevy/Ram comparable?

Tool, Dive, Flight watches are mostly brought for look and aspirational reasons. So I have no problem have both brute and beauty in the same package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 · (Edited)
When Sinn announced this wonderful watch, I ordered two of them. One was a Christmas gift to myself, another as a gift to my brother. I had Watchbuys ship the 2nd watch directly to my brother. Over the holiday break our two family got together, and for the first time the two 103 A Sa B was together. You will notice something very interesting in these photos.

The dial colors of the two watches are slightly different. My was more blue, while my brother's was a bit blue/purple, a bit like the Arktis. Luck of the draw I guess, I got the one that's more blue to compliment the blue/purple of Arktis I already have.

#24 · (Edited)
When Sinn announced this wonderful watch, I ordered two of them. One was a Christmas gift to myself, another as a gift to my brother. I had Watchbuys ship the 2nd watch directly to my brother. Over the holiday break our two family got together, and for the first time the two 103 A Sa B was together. You will notice something very interesting in these photos.

The dial colors of the two watches are slightly different. My was more blue, while my brother's was a bit blue/purple, a bit like the Arktis. Luck of the draw I guess, I got the one that's more blue to compliment the blue/purple of Arktis I already have.

The thing that I noticed more is the range difference of your numbers. Did you order both at the exact same time, or did you order one, then the other? The blue variant could be any number of things. And kind of a cool thing. Mine seems to be more of the darker variation, but I have the 224, so I would think a possible fluke in manufacturing? Just makes them that much more interesting. Or, as I have noticed, mine looks DISTINCTLY darker with a black strap on vs the steel bracelet.

#25 · (Edited)
Both were ordered on 8/20, however was ordered some hours apart. I had requested sequential numbers as a nice to have, but obviously it didn't happen.

I agree. The color variations is a cool feature.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.