EZM 3
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: EZM 3

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

EZM 3

I understand that the Sinn EZM 1 is a popular classic. I´m becoming more and more interested in the EZM 3.

I have my concerns, however. Is it recommendable? Doesn´t the crown on the left side make you crazy? Isn´t 40 mm to small?

Banned

Re: EZM 3

Hell no, to both questions.
    40mm is perfect, unless you are a Fashionista.
    The crown is in an ideal place, never digs into the wrist. IMHO all watches should have crowns on the left.

One thing bugs me though. The Date is in Red. On a Black background. For me, this combo is virtually impossible to see.
    gaopa, Per_anders and enkidu like this.

I just picked one up from Watchbuys a little over a week ago and love it; the size and proportions are just about perfect in my opinion. Even at 40mm, its got plenty of presence on my 7.25" wrist. I wear mine on the 20mm Sinn rubber with either the compact or large deployant buckle and also an Isofrane with the new DLC buckle:

Lume is fantastic too; if I recall correctly, it uses a more powerful lume compound and is much more intense than say, for example, a U1:
    "Using no way as way, having no limitation as limitation." - Bruce Lee

Janne said it, the EZM3 is a great watch and an ideal size. I had one and sold it to fund another watch and wish I still had it. The only negative, and it has been mentioned, is the date is hard to read because of the red numbers. If I'm in a position to get another one, I will! Cheers, Bill P.

marchone, LockedUp and boen like this.

The EZM3 is my only Sinn and I love it. As noted earlier, the lume is great and IMO 40mm is fine. It wears light. Highly recommended.

40mm are on the small side, and you don't have to be a fashionista to get this feeling...nevertheless the 3 has a nice wrist presence and while I'm more into the bigger ones, the 3 and 4 are watches I'm not going to sell...
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    grinhu, LockedUp and boen like this.
    Omega | Tudor | Sinn

The left-handed crown is so that it doesn't get in your way (assuming you're wearing it on the left wrist as is standard).

40mm used to be the defacto standard size for men's sports watches (e.g., Rolex Submariner). Many vintage dress watches are even smaller (37-38mm). I find the 40mm size of the EZM1 is perfect for my wrist. 44mm U1 looks a bit big on me (IMO).
    CMSgt Bo likes this.

I hope to add an EZM 3 to my collection soon, then my collection of Germans will be almost done....
    Current collection: Damasko DA 36 Black | Damasko DA 47 | MKII Nassau| Nomos Orion Rosé | Omega Aqua Terra 8500 | Sinn 556A |Sinn EZM 3 | Stowa Antea KS

The EM3 is a great watch. At first I though it was too small but imo it's perfect size for all day wear. Wish I never sold mine.
    Sinn UX-S, Sinn EZM3, Sinn U1 SDR, Bremont Solo, Bathys 100F, and some G-Shocks

You are correct that it's popular but probably in (Sinn) watch circles. I had one for a short period of time and the size was great for my 7in wris, but that size works best for me. The left crown, while very comfortable to wear, was a bit tricky to set for me. I ended up selling it for other reasons, but I think had I given it a chance I would have gotten used to setting it with my left hand. Its a great looking watch

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information