WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Sinn 103 Watch Band - recommendations?

8K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  jabstick420 
#1 ·
Folks,

I have a 103 ST SA UTC. I am looking to replace the watch band and need some help. I am looking for a black leather watch band with white stitching. I would like the stiching to be a coarser thread as opposed to a finer weight thread. Lastly, I would like something that is more water resistant that the regular Sinn strap.

Any recommendations, either custom made or regular commercially produced bands? Thanks in advance.

#3 · (Edited)
I agree on the Di-Modell Chronissimo recommendation, which I have on a few of my Sinns.
Sinn sells it, but it can also be found elsewhere, in which case it may not have the "Sinn" branding on the inside of the strap, but is otherwise identical. The clasp itself is held by a small springbar onto the springbar, so it is easy to transfer the Sinn clasp from the old to the new strap.

The strap is rated by Di-Modell as waterproof and can take water better than regular leather straps. I have swam with Chronissimo straps occasionally and the strap held up fairly well, but for regular swimming I still prefer bracelets, as I don't own any watch on silicone straps.

#4 ·
Hi,

Why not have a look at the Hirsch Viscount if you like (real) alligator straps. They have them in black, dark brown, blue, gold brown and even red, all with thick white stitching.
It's a rather expensive strap but it looks stunning, has a thick padding and is water resistant.
On the other hand there's also the Hirsch Grand Duke with an alligator look that's water resistant and that comes in black, brown and gold brown. The black has a nice red stitching.
The Grand Duke has a rubber lining whereas the Viscount has a leather lining. I do prefer the leather lining when it's a bit warmer, it just feels more comfortable.
Both are very nice straps, but I think it's quite difficult to find a strap that doesn't suit the 103 well.

BartV

#5 ·
I have a Rios 1931 Pilot Strap on mine, I mounted a deployant on it as well, think it turned out well. It was actually a 22mm that I cut down to 20mm. But you can buy it in 20mm. Strap is super soft, supple leather. I also have a Di-modell Chronissimo, that is much stiffer compared to this one.

You can get this strap here cheap: RIOS Pilot Strap.Nature - Black - Gnomon Watches - Watches + Accessories + Emotions

#10 · (Edited)
Thanks ...It should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. My wrist is about 8" so my question was in case the Regular was extra long and suitable for wearing over a wet suit. I guess I should just get the regular length. Is there any other sources besides Freda? I read a pretty bad thread about the service and would rather not roll the dice with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.