Sinn 656S Black and Bracelet.
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sinn 656S Black and Bracelet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Sinn 656S Black and Bracelet.

I love this watch. It is one that i don't think I need to try on. My question for you watch junkies is about the black plating and its durability? How does it hold up. Anyone have problems? Does sweat on the band cause scaling over time? Scratches showing the silver underneath? How thick is the plating of the black coat? Just researching my purchase WAAAYYY in advance.

Re: Sinn 656S Black and Bracelet.

My understanding is that the finish on the 656 is not as durable as the 856. The only photo I've found of a 656sBracelet that shows wear is from a British site.

...and now the image is off the site. Luckily I saved a copy.... Personally, I think it looks fantastic worn this hard. This watch looks like a tool.

I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the world
    that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper....

-John Harrison

The beauty of the Swiss watch lay in its precision, and its precision had sprung from modesty. It did not have to be an orrery or a tower clock
    any more than a yodeler has to sing in symphonies, and this friendliness to restriction had left the designers within easy reach of perfection.
    -Mark Helprin

A Soldier of the Great War

Me too, i like it when its wabi'd up.

wish they'd make this watch in a 40mm ceramic case

that's a great picture, thank you a million for posting that. in fact that's exactly that type of picture i was looking for when first contemplating buying a 656s.

i also like the way that wear looks. but no doubt its resell has been shot through the window. i ended up selling my 656s for no good reason, and it had none of the wear through to the silver that this one does, but it did have a few spots that were becoming 'smooth', like in the picture. i might pontificate on sinn's obvious misstep (tongue in cheek there) for not tegimenting this watch, but given the already optimistic u.s. price of the 656s, maybe the wabi-sabi trade-off isn't so bad.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

The 656s is such an awesome looking watch! I really love it's simplicity and have been trying to track one down myself...

That picture has made me feel a lot better about what my 756 might look like one day -- kind of aging with grace. Anyone have an idea as to the durability differences between the 656 pictured and the 756?

Quote Originally Posted by Windy City Watchman View Post
    That picture has made me feel a lot better about what my 756 might look like one day -- kind of aging with grace. Anyone have an idea as to the durability differences between the 656 pictured and the 756?
    your 756 has a tegimented case... I doubt it'll ever look like that 656 (unless you wear it really, really, really hard :)

cheers,
    Peter

that is mine after 6 year's of everyday's wear...Name:  P1070080.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  316.5 KB Name:  P1070081.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  252.1 KB Name:  P1070085.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  216.9 KB Name:  P1070089.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  306.3 KB
    Last edited by pablo303; November 2nd, 2011 at 22:18.
    gaopa likes this.

pablo, your Sinn 656S still looks great! Thanks for sharing the photos. Cheers, Bill P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information