Sinn Service Center in USA???? Why Not?

Thread: Sinn Service Center in USA???? Why Not?

-->
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sinn Service Center in USA???? Why Not?

I have a question why is it Sinn who sells a large amount of (Great! btw) watches in the U.S. has no service center here? The last time I sent a Sinn watch to Germany it cost $95 to ship via UPS . They were the only carrier who would insure the watch for full value. All other carriers would only insure to $500. I feel $95 just to get it there with some security is a bit much.
    I think all Sinn owners should start E mailing Sinn to ask them to authorize and train a USA sevice center in serviceing AR watches. Other great watch companys have U.S. service centers.

It would be nice but....

maybe not a wise business decision. Sinn already has an authorized US repair shop, with Stoll.
    Sinn is a relatively small company (compared to Rolex or Omega), with a small yearly output of watches. The US does not appear to be their primary market, so it may not make sense to have a repair shop here. I agree that it is a pain to send stuff back for oil changes or gas refills: Stoll does just about everything else.
    DW

Retired and living in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Sinn Service Center in USA???? Why Not?

Is your statement that Sinn sells a large number of their watches in the US based on fact or are you assuming this is the case? Do you have any data to support this claim?

I totally agree that if we make up a reasonable percentage of their business than Sinn should do as you suggest and have a "complete" authorized service center here. However, I'm just not sure we in the States make up a big chunk of their business though we may. I'd really like to see some figures regarding this. B-)
    Steve

My favorite diver? Jessica Alba, of course!

Though I don't live in north America for now, let me examine the issue.

To me, it is quite a chicken or egg situation. If there is no North America service centre, then where does the majority of Sinn watch owners send their Sinn for servicing?

Also, what is the data of Sinn watch owners in North America?
    How many thousands are there? How many thousands of Sinn watches have been sold in North America?

Also, at what critical junture would Sinn operate a service center in North America? When they sell more than 1 million Sinn watches? Certainly, a benchmark of the number of watches sold say in Europe would be an indicator as to at which point, Sinn should open a service centre or justify the opening of a service centre in North America. And yes, it includes Canadians who buy Sinn watches, rather than Americans alone!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Kool Cat
    To me, it is quite a chicken or egg situation.
    i agree that this is some what a chicken or egg issue. i for one still haven't own a Sinn cause its a major PIB to have to send the watch back for warranty work or service.

but then, i doubted there is a BIG crowd out there waiting/wanting to buy a Sinn once there's a authorized repair center here in the US

When shipping to Europe, try Global Express Mail. Much cheaper than UPS. I find the major problem to be customs, both into Germany and back to the US.

Stoll seems to be high on their pricing, I think. I would have had them clean the movmement while they replaced the crown and tube, but I could have purchased a new one for what they wanted.

Nevertheless, I love my 356 and 656. Most people have no clue as to what make they are.

HI Guys,

I recently bought a Sinn 856 from Watchbuys, the AD for North America. To the best of my knowledge if I have a problem with my watch all I have to do is send it back to them. If it gets sent back to Germany I thought it was on their dime...I hope my understanding is correct! :-S

Bezel

Only if its under warantee! Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Bezel
    HI Guys,

I recently bought a Sinn 856 from Watchbuys, the AD for North America. To the best of my knowledge if I have a problem with my watch all I have to do is send it back to them. If it gets sent back to Germany I thought it was on their dime...I hope my understanding is correct! :-S

Bezel

Global Express is cheaper but again will not insure for over $500 . Only UPS will. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by paddlefoot64
    When shipping to Europe, try Global Express Mail. Much cheaper than UPS. I find the major problem to be customs, both into Germany and back to the US.

Stoll seems to be high on their pricing, I think. I would have had them clean the movmement while they replaced the crown and tube, but I could have purchased a new one for what they wanted.

Nevertheless, I love my 356 and 656. Most people have no clue as to what make they are.

I contacted Watchbuys a couple of weeks ago concerning service on an EZM3. Because of the argon gas filled case, it will need to go to Sinn in Germany. The only issue I have with the watch is that it consistently runs about 30 seconds slow per day. I can't justify the cost of shipping just for this issue. I'll either let a local watchmaker do the adjustment and not worry about the argon, or live with the inaccuracy until the watch truly needs service. Watchbuys told me that in the future service on the argon and oil filled watches will be able to be done in the U.S., but did not have an estimate of when. Also, I'm not sure if this means Watchbuys will have the equipment or if service will continue to be done at Stoll. Maybe someone from Watchbuys could weigh in on this issue?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information