Sinn U1 arrived this morning {modem killer pics!!}

Thread: Sinn U1 arrived this morning {modem killer pics!!}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Picture Sinn U1 arrived this morning {modem killer pics!!}

Yes, it arrived this morning

First off, many many thanks to Neil at Chronomaster.co.uk, superb communication and excellent support Even after a late panic with my bank wanting authorisation for my credit card. But it's bought and paid for, and now on my wrist

After a little big of a struggle getting the right tools for the steel bracelet, and snapping off the head of the Sinn supplied spring bar tool already :oops: I've had it on both Zulu and SS bracelet , and have left it on the bracelet for now. Took one link off each end and with a little micro adjustment on the clasp, it fits like a glove Will get the rubber strap adjusted in time. So, here's the pics.

Unpacking:

Just in case you wondered where it was made

The watch on a green zulu I got Watchobsession.co.uk:

On Steel Bracelet:

On Rubber:

Once again thanks to Neil, and all on here posting their pics and reviews which made me buy it in the first place :thanks:thanks:thanks

Cheers, Andy
    Last edited by LFCRules; March 29th, 2009 at 16:24.
    Bremont Martin Baker II - in PICS , Breitling Seawolf Ti - Blue Dial (Thanks Dad) - in PICS, Breitling Super Avenger Blacksteel Limited Edition - in PICS
    Sinn U1 - in PICS, Benarus Sea Devil (PVD/Blue Dial) - in PICS, Benarus Meg 500 (Brushed/Black Dial), - IN PICS , Tissot MotoGP 2008 Limited Edition (Yellow Strap)
    Tissot MotoGP 2006 Nicky Hayden Limited Edition (Orange Strap),
    Oakley D1 Blue & D1 Black / Oakley Crush Yellow Dial / Oakley Detonator Red Dial
    IKE Lifestyle Green Strap

All above in pictures in one thread here

Re: Sinn U1 arrived this morning {modem killer pics!!}

Great pictures, and definitely great looking watch...i like the "Made in Germany" writing on the tool when you open the box, just to be sure it's not Swiss made

congrats

Hi Andy,

What size wrist do you have as I have a 6.5 inch wrist and I really fancy either the U1 or the UX just can't decide, by the way it's a stunner is it even better in the flesh. What is the lug to lug measurement? It does look great on that green zulu it really works with green.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    Hi Andy,

What size wrist do you have as I have a 6.5 inch wrist and I really fancy either the U1 or the UX just can't decide, by the way it's a stunner is it even better in the flesh. What is the lug to lug measurement? It does look great on that green zulu it really works with green.

Andy
    I think it is fine on 6.5, mine are just bigger and I hesitated for years before buying, but just go for the one that you like the most and don't worry too much about wrist size. U1 is definitely a watch that wears smaller than it appears. My only concern with the U1 is the QA aspect - I've had two brand new ones since November (from Neil @ Chronomaster) and the second one had to go for a service due to power reserve issues. The first one was a total dud! I'd ask Neil to test a few of them over a few days and to choose the best one.

Mine is currently in transit from SINN along with my EZM1....missed the U1 more than the EZM1. I can't wait for Monday when (hopefully) they should arrive.

Cheers David

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    Hi Andy,

Andy
    Andy, I've got about a 7.75" wrist (I'm 6'7" tall ), so most watches look and feel normal to me, and rarely big.

The lug-to-lug, rough measurement, is 50mm. And checking Neil's website, he also quotes 50mm.

Yeah, the Zulu did look good, first time I'd worn a Zulu. Wore it on the ride on my bike down to the auto shop to get a small allen key to swap out the links in the bracelet. It did surprise me a little that the tool included has a (rather fragile) spring-bar tool on one end which you use, and a screwdriver on the other, which you don't use

Just something about the weight of the U1. Some have said it is heavy, and it is weighty, but if you want a really heavy watch, get an Oakley GMT, mine is heavier than the U1!!

Probably when I get my Benarus next week, it I reckon that will give the GMT a run for it's money in weight
    Bremont Martin Baker II - in PICS , Breitling Seawolf Ti - Blue Dial (Thanks Dad) - in PICS, Breitling Super Avenger Blacksteel Limited Edition - in PICS
    Sinn U1 - in PICS, Benarus Sea Devil (PVD/Blue Dial) - in PICS, Benarus Meg 500 (Brushed/Black Dial), - IN PICS , Tissot MotoGP 2008 Limited Edition (Yellow Strap)
    Oakley D1 Blue & D1 Black / Oakley Crush Yellow Dial / Oakley Detonator Red Dial

slb

Is there ANYTHING better than opening a new watch?
    OK, how about getting a bonus, a nice "night" with the wife, a new watch and recognition from management on a job well-done all in one week?
    Lovely Sinn!
    I want one SOOOO bad.
    I'm partial to the U1000, but my wallet says "yeah, right"

Congrat's on the new Sinn!
    Fortis B-42 Flieger Chrono
    Fortis B-42 Flying Gators - USMC edition

Fortis B-42 Stratoliner
    Balls. Trés Balls

"If your signature is longer than your posts, delete it!"

Great pics, enjoy it!!!

Ji

PAM 190 8 Days
    PAM 162 44mm Chrono
    Doxa 750T Carribean
    Doxa 40th T-Graph Sharky
    Sinn U-1000S
    Marathon SAR
    Luminox TI
    Azimuth Pilot
    RXW Fiddy

Congratulations! I love it on the bracelet...

Thanks for all the comments, it really is a cool watch

Finally got around today to sizing up the rubber strap, and have updated my 1st post above with the strap pic. Also, resized the bracelet and added back in a link, and adjusted the micro adjustment on the clasp. So that has just left me with one spare link.

Welcome to the club.
    Steven
    Florida, USA

Sinn 103 St Sa LE
    Sinn 757 UTC
    Sinn U1
    Sinn 6100 Regulatuer
    IWC Aquatimer
    NOMOS Tangomat Datum