WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Sinn U1 in the UK

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  bazza. 
#1 ·
Hello WUS!

First time poster here, so apologies in advance for any missteps.

I have completely fallen for the Sinn U1 (on a rubber strap). I appreciate it is a marmite love it or hate it type watch but something about it just appeals to me.

I have done a search and realised there are only a few AD in the UK (I am based S/E London/Kent).

Does anyone have a recommendation on which AD is the best to go to? And what % of discount is usually available on the U1?

Thanks in advance.|>

#5 ·
P&C is about as good as it gets for customer service. I don't think you are going to find a discount from any AD on Sinns.

#8 ·
#10 ·
Over here in Germany they cost £1200 new

#11 ·
The Sinn U1 was love at first sight for me. It is my favorite of the Sinn watch line. I like them so much that I ended up with both a U1 T and a U1 SDR. I sometimes wear my SDR on a rubber strap, but mostly wear both on the OEM bracelet.

Here in the U.S. we buy Sinn watches from Watchbuys. Watchbuys gives great customer service. The current price for a Sinn U1 in the U.S. is $2,120 on the bracelet and $2,040 on the rubber strap. The U1 SDR is $2,120 on the rubber strap. Watchbuys does not show a price for the U1 SDR on a bracelet. Be aware that Sinn raised prices each September 1. I don't know the amount of the increase.

Bottom line, IMHO, you just can't beat a Sinn U1! :-! Cheers, Bill P.

#13 ·
Go hardcore and save for a U2

#17 ·
To me you U2 just has so much more spec to it

#18 ·
I bought my U1 from Chronomaster. You'll not get a discount as Sinns (to my knowledge) sell very well.

I got the rubber strap as I wanted a do it all watch and thought the rubber strap would be more versatile for sport and this has proven to be a good decision. Had mine for about a year now. Love the U1. It's hard to keep the AR coating clean but that's the only negative. I think what you get for the price, Sinn's are very reasonable compared to other more well known retail brands e.g. Omega, Bremont etc...

#19 ·
It seems we're quite fortunate in the UK as we have 3 AD's to my knowledge, Page and Cooper, Chronomaster & Jura / CW Sellors.

Re Discounts, I visited the CW Sellors / Jura store in the Victorian Quarter in Leeds, they were offering either a 10% or 15% discount (can't remember exactly which discount applied to Sinn) for watches bought in Leeds during the Tour De France Grand Depart in Yorkshire.

#21 ·
Page and Cooper certain offer amazing and passionate service. One thing to be aware of is that when you add the watches to your basket the price changes. For the U1 you need to add VAT > VAT (20%) which is £235 and therefore I think chronomaster is £65 cheaper.

#22 ·
The only discount is if you go to the factory shop then they give you a big 5% OFF :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.