Watch Winders - European, American NOT Chinese - Page 3

Thread: Watch Winders - European, American NOT Chinese

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Watch Winders - European, American NOT Chinese

I agree Buben & Zorweg makes an excellent (but expensive) watch winder. Just to clarify, Buben & Zorweg uses Elma technology for most of their their winders. Elma is the German company that invented the watch winder. Orbita also makes high quality winders. Swiss Kubik too makes an interesting winder that's programmed via a personal computer. There are several others (incl German brands) that merit consideration (Rapport, Underwood, etc) though I think you'll find Buben & Zorweg and Orbita to be apart from the competition. Given your Sinn 556 retails under US$1,000 I really don't think Buben & Zorweg would be justified. Regarding Orbita I think maybe only their Sparta winder would be justified. Sparta has rotowind design (mimic wrist movement) which does an excellent job of winding at an economical price. Personally I'd recommend you stay away from Asian made winders but if you did go with an Asian made winder I think you'll find Eilux to be value oriented but decent quality. Hope this helps!!!

Quote Originally Posted by djw2122000 View Post
    I agree Buben & Zorweg makes an excellent (but expensive) watch winder. Just to clarify, Buben & Zorweg uses Elma technology for most of their their winders. Elma is the German company that invented the watch winder. Orbita also makes high quality winders. Swiss Kubik too makes an interesting winder that's programmed via a personal computer. There are several others (incl German brands) that merit consideration (Rapport, Underwood, etc) though I think you'll find Buben & Zorweg and Orbita to be apart from the competition. Given your Sinn 556 retails under US$1,000 I really don't think Buben & Zorweg would be justified. Regarding Orbita I think maybe only their Sparta winder would be justified. Sparta has rotowind design (mimic wrist movement) which does an excellent job of winding at an economical price. Personally I'd recommend you stay away from Asian made winders but if you did go with an Asian made winder I think you'll find Eilux to be value oriented but decent quality. Hope this helps!!!
    Thanks much, what do you think of the brand Beco?

I'm not personally familiar with Beco (a.k.a. Birkenstock). There are simply too many brands of winders to have first hand experience with each one. But they seem to have good reviews. I read where Beco uses high quality Japanese motors and belt drive design. I also read where the drives are made in Taiwan with final assembly in Germany. Beco definitely is reasonably priced for a German winder.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information