WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Your first Sinn - Suggested best first

5K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  inspektor.rother 
#1 ·
Hi All -

So, I know 556 is v. popular. If you were to buy your first Sinn (again), what would you choose?

I like 356, 756, 103,60xx series, ie 6060

thanks!!
Brett

#4 · (Edited)
I was seriously foolish and sold a mint full packaged Sinn Arktis about a year ago.

Regretted it ever since. It's the best value for money watch and the most striking watch I ever had. If I went back I'd have that as my one keeper and the rest of my collection could go and I'd be happy.

I'd go for the 203 Arktis again as they are so special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
My First Sinn I was 22 and not as into watches as I am now, so I was a good bit more restricted and selective on price.. I wanted it to be around 1000, and I went with a 556 A which was 985 at that time.

But if I could go back in time I would definitely pushed it up a few hundred and went with the 104 st sa

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Now I have a 103 St Sa which is similar but better (granted it was 2.5x the price) so I probably wouldn't bother picking up a 104 anymore.

#7 ·
Really depends, are you a diver guy, a pilot guy, a GMT guy? Personally, I love anything in the diver box. The only watch I've ever kept any real length of time is the UX. It is a great watch. I have no plans on selling it, and it is, in fact, on its way to Germany for a little lovin'. I've owned many watches and several Sinn pieces. The UX is the keeper.

#8 ·
There have been many good suggestions made; however, sounding like a broken record, my choice is the Sinn U1. Since I could not decide whether I liked the U1 or the U1 SDR, I ended up with both and they are keepers in my collection. I have owned several other Sinn models, but stuck with the U1.

Bottom line though, you can't go wrong with any Sinn model! |> Cheers, Bill P.

#11 ·
Lots of good suggestions in this thread. In my case, my first Sinn was an 857UTC that I bought about 6 years ago. Since that time I've owned a U1, 358J, 155 Manufactum, 156B Military, and a 1550SG. The only one that remains is my original 857UTC. It's a great watch, very durable, good size, and has a highly legible dial. I highly recommend it.

#12 ·
My first (gateway) Sinn was a 656. Incredible watch and I ended selling it because it was a little too nice for the way I wear my stuff. I now have an EZM-3, 144 GMT, and a 142.

I think Geof3 said it best above- depends if you're into divers, pilots, or business watches. We've all got our preferences but if I was to start over again and had to buy my first Sinn, I'd get the EZM-3. It's robust, has an easily maintained movement and gobs of cool German tech. Plus it's got some history of being issued to some badass dudes.

I'd also love to have an EZM-1 but there are a few things that make me think twice. It's going to be harder to service, not only to find parts but also a trustworthy person to do the work. Since I'd have to sell most of my collection to buy one, I wouldn't want to be without it when it goes back to the mothership for service. I also don't know if I could handle the lack of a running second hand.

#13 · (Edited)
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

This is my first post and my first Sinn. I've owned a Tag Aquaracer, Kobold Soarway, Dievas Vortex and a U-Boat. The Sinn U1-T is by far my favorite. IT's built like a tank.

Model- Sinn U1-T (Fully tegimented)
Pros:
- Color is a like a dark titanium
- almost scratch proof
- easy to swap out straps
- fairly unique. I get a lot of compliments and the general public has never heard of Sinn (Gives me an exclusive feel)
- Weight (feels sturdy and strong)

Cons
- Looks awkward on small wrists. I have a 7.25 wrist
- heavy (if you don't like heavy watches)
- AR coating smudges very easily

Overall, this watch is a amazing. I purchased mine from Watchbuys. They have great customer service.

* I was on the fence between purchasing the regular U1 and U1-T. I'm glad I went with the fully tegimented version. This will look new for many years to come.

#19 ·
This is a great question for multiple Sinn owners... my first was the 556i and my second was the 103 SA.
The 556 on metal bracelet is what attracted me to the brand in the first place despite not really having any of the tech innovations Sinn is known for.
If you just want to get into the brand the 556 is definitely the best entry new or second hand.
The EZM3 is probably the most affordable (second hand) option for those that want something that incorporates some of the Sinn tech like moisture reduction and tegimented steel.
I would probably still get the 556 if I was going to do it all over again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.