WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Another First Tag - Getting into watches!

600 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  aBeast 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi.

Had a thing for Tag F1's since I was a kid seeing them in shop windows! so 10 years on I finally bought one!

a 2008-2010? Alarm model, I was just going to buy a new one but I really don't like the new bezel's.

Bought it slightly used, I couldn't even tell when I took it out of the box, definitely sure its real, has a kind of solid weighty feel, Took it to the jeweler to size it for my wrist and he was surprised to find wear on the pins because it looks so clean!

Build quality on watch is very good. Bezel rotates crisply 120 clicks, keeps perfect time, Alarm works well when I figured out how to sync it to the watches time (must be a separate loop or something?) quick and easy to set yourself reminders etc.

Still being pretty young, this is my first bracelet style watch and I like it! Bracelet is very nice. I think Tag skimped a bit on the buckle, feels a tad 'stamped metal' feeling?

I really really like the face on the F1's, it maybe a baby Tag, but I really like the simplicity. I would of preferred a full Second hand not the Dial, but I also wanted an alarm more (fussy) :-d

Lume is very good compared to my old cheap banger of a divers watch. Does fade reasonably fast though, but not really an issue for me.

This is a daily for me, had it 2 weeks, flawless when I got it, already got a few tiny marks on the bracelet but it cant be immaculate forever I guess :-(

Really like the silver / white dial, nicely contrasts with the bezel. I wear it everywhere and it blends nicely :)

Bought a nice rubber band for it already and some basic tools, will through up a photo when it arrives!

I do like the Tag Monaco, but it is out of the price range of a student haha! so are Omega's (seamaster - drool), but I would like a mechanical dressy watch, and to try out a Gshock watch. There is such a huge variety, just looking around this forum i'm falling in love! hahahaha ;-)

Cheers,
Alex

See less See more
#2 ·
G'day Alex, with a name like that, you must be a really good bloke!
I like the whole Formula 1 series. It's a great 1st TAG Heuer to buy.
I own a couple of Monacos but still wear my Formula 1 regularly; in fact more than either Monaco.
Welcome to the forum and don't forget to check out the Formula 1 club sticky at the top of the page.

#3 ·
Monacos are nice but, as a watch, these Big Date alarms are more useful, IMHO. Nice buy!

#4 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

Knocked my watch at Work today Metal on Metal, no dents But made Me rethink Wearing it everyday, so ordered a seiko orange monster as a Daily Basher! :) cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.