Thread: Aquaracer 39mm (WAP1110.FT6029) Rubber Strap Question

Aquaracer 39mm (WAP1110.FT6029) Rubber Strap Question

Hi,

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a 39mm quartz WAP1110.FT6029 Aquaracer. I was told today in an AD that they have discontinuing the version with the rubber strap (?!?) but they would throw one in for the price so i'd basically have the bracelet and the rubber but they wouldn't budge on price.

I'm thinking if i just take it on the bracelet and source my own strap i'l be able to haggle a discount.

My question is can I buy the rubber separately and if so what is the part number and where sells them?

Also are there any 3rd party rubbers that would fit this 39mm version that are cheaper than the Tag one?

Re: Aquaracer 39mm (WAP1110.FT6029) Rubber Strap Question

So, he's throwing in the strap in place of a discount? If so, that's about a $200-300 value.

TAG straps are expensive. You can get others but they wont fit as well around the lug and case area.

yes - i was bascally offered a discount on the bracelet version or they would sell it at rrp and throw in a rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by chill123 View Post
    Hi,

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a 39mm quartz WAP1110.FT6029 Aquaracer. I was told today in an AD that they have discontinuing the version with the rubber strap (?!?) but they would throw one in for the price so i'd basically have the bracelet and the rubber but they wouldn't budge on price.

I'm thinking if i just take it on the bracelet and source my own strap i'l be able to haggle a discount.

My question is can I buy the rubber separately and if so what is the part number and where sells them?

Also are there any 3rd party rubbers that would fit this 39mm version that are cheaper than the Tag one?

I have finally nailed my watch purchase down to Tag Heuer WAP1110.FT6029 Aquaracer OR the NEW 2013 Tag Heuer Grand Date F1, black face, sub seconds dial, with rubber band (Sorry I donít have the reference number handy).

I love the elegance, yet contemporary look of the
    Tag Heuer WAP1110.FT6029 Aquaracer. It seems like a good modern all rounder for dress and casual wear. I like its smaller 39mm vs the 42mm F1 as I have a medium-small 6.5Ē wrist. The black face and stainless polished case and bezel look fantastic IMO. When I first glanced upon it in the Tag shop I felt intimidated and lost interest Ė Because I thought it would have close to a $3000 price tag, itís the same price as F1! OK itís a quartz, but it reliable and thatís what I want for now.

It seems it may have a stronger case than the F1. I am more of a driver than a sailer and Iím sh1t scared of diving. At 40years of age I'm leaning toward the more elegant Aquaracer, but the F1 brings back so many 80's memories. MmmmÖ Itís a hard decision. I purchase in two weeks! Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance Members.

'I think therefore I am' (Rene Descartes`, 1644)
    Think he meant, 'You can do anything if you put your mind to it!'

I delve into the intricacies of horology, but the laymen
    just wills me to enunciate more clearly? I conclude in knowing he
    is genetically resistant, and that is why I come here!

Hi,
    If either of you have already purchased the watch I would be glad to have some extra info on the WAP1110.FT6029.
    My wrists are small at 6" and I was wondering at the exact size of the watch case. I already have a Omega Speedmaster chronograph and Longines Master collection moonphase chronograph which are 40mm and they both sit comfortably on my wrist. I would like to know the size of the aquaracer from lug to lug and the length on the rubber bracelet on which the clasp is attached.
    Thanks, MA

EDIT:
    I am also torn between the WAP1110 or the WAK2110 (41mm). Any indication of the lug to lug size of the WAK2110 will also be appriciated.
    Thanks, MA
    Last edited by logical_motion; August 21st, 2013 at 12:44.

Thread Information