AQUARACER 500M CLUB - Page 10
Like Tree298Likes

Thread: AQUARACER 500M CLUB

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Re: AQUARACER 500M CLUB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    wilfreb likes this.

It really is an amazing piece. Most people who see it on me tell me they love it. I first wanted the Black Faced one, but I think I liked the blue one over time better...

Quote Originally Posted by Miltosk View Post

I
    More than 5 months have passed since I purchased the watch and I am still in love with it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    rockmastermike and 888blue like this.

LHL

Name:  My Tag 500M.jpg
Views: 2270
Size:  223.8 KB This is my watch the I purchased as soon as it was released in 2011 and still loving it.
    audz95 and cwz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Proud View Post

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on this very timepiece and Im concerned that the "in your face" look of it may become tiresome and too loud over time for more than a very casual occasion....your thoughts?

Due to the size at 41mm, it really isn't an in your face watch. I find it to be a good "tweener" watch - not too casual and not overly dressy, but somewhere in between.

Goes great with jeans and a business casual environment.

Its an iconic look made popular by Rolex and the design has lasted decades. thats something to be said about the overall look.

By saying in your face, I was referring to the fact that it is certainly noticeable! Im sure that's one of the reasons Im drawn to it! Mainly I need a timepiece that has a two tone bracelet and as far as I can find out, Tag is one of a few companies that apply a 20 micron plating on there gold. I would love a Rolex Yachtmaster that looks the same, but its 4 times the price! of course, it does have solid gold links.

I love my Aquaracer (black ceramic) but I don't like the fact that they didn't even plate the backs of the center links. Not a fan of plated two tone -- it is in your face so unlike with totally gold-tone watches (which can be quite subtle), I think you should either go solid gold or not at all. The blue stainless steel looks much better IMHO.
    TAG Heuer Monaco (CW2113), Aquaracer 500M ceramic (WAK2110) * Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Grande Taille (270.84.10)
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (311.30.42.30.01.005) * Rolex Oyster Speedking Precision (ref. 6420) * Poljot OKEAH Chronograph

hey there guys, just wanna ask regarding the issue about the new Aqua racer models, i heard alot of issues regarding its power reserve and crown. Should i be worried? because im planning to buy the wak2120 model soon. I want my first watch bought by my own savings to last for atleast 10 or more years

Quote Originally Posted by kyodo View Post
    hey there guys, just wanna ask regarding the issue about the new Aqua racer models, i heard alot of issues regarding its power reserve and crown. Should i be worried? because im planning to buy the wak2120 model soon. I want my first watch bought by my own savings to last for atleast 10 or more years
    Welcome to WUS.

Crown issues were mainly prevalent on the older 500M. No issues reported on the newer version.

TAG Heuer was a bit slow to recognize the issue, but did step up and now covers crown issues on the older 500M; under warranty. As for stopping, sporadic reports at best. If you have your heart set on any watch, I recommend researching the Hell out of it before pulling the trigger. With regards to those two issues you've mentioned, don't let them stop you from buying an Aquaracer if you really want one.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast