AQUARACER 500M CLUB - Page 11
Like Tree302Likes

Thread: AQUARACER 500M CLUB

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Re: AQUARACER 500M CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Welcome to WUS.

Crown issues were mainly prevalent on the older 500M. No issues reported on the newer version.

TAG Heuer was a bit slow to recognize the issue, but did step up and now covers crown issues on the older 500M; under warranty. As for stopping, sporadic reports at best. If you have your heart set on any watch, I recommend researching the Hell out of it before pulling the trigger. With regards to those two issues you've mentioned, don't let them stop you from buying an Aquaracer if you really want one.
    thanks for the clarification bro, i have 2 days more to decide before i hit the trigger button :D

Hey guys. Deciding between the new ceramic bezel and the previous generation (rubber bezel). I can probably pick up the older model significantly cheaper at the TAG outlet store.

to those who own both- which would you recommend in terms of build, comfort, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Indie any View Post
    Hey guys. Deciding between the new ceramic bezel and the previous generation (rubber bezel). I can probably pick up the older model significantly cheaper at the TAG outlet store.

to those who own both- which would you recommend in terms of build, comfort, etc?

I think you'll find few that own both. I own the rubber bezel. For sure ceramic build-wise is way better than rubber, comfort I doubt you'll find much of a difference. Looks wise, IMO the rubber bezel is da bomb! Super unique and great looking. If you're thinking of a watch that you can hold on to for a life time, errr I don't think the rubber bezel fits the bill, unless you can live with portions wearing out over time maybe 10 years who knows....but ceramic will theoretically outlive you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachdanon View Post
    I think you'll find few that own both. I own the rubber bezel. For sure ceramic build-wise is way better than rubber, comfort I doubt you'll find much of a difference. Looks wise, IMO the rubber bezel is da bomb! Super unique and great looking. If you're thinking of a watch that you can hold on to for a life time, errr I don't think the rubber bezel fits the bill, unless you can live with portions wearing out over time maybe 10 years who knows....but ceramic will theoretically outlive you.
    Unless it takes a hard enough hit to crack or break it entirely. Unlike an aluminum bezel, a deep scratch on a ceramic one can easily migrate over time and get worse. Possibly leading to a break. If your watch has been discontinued for years, good luck getting a replacement ceramic bezel. And even if you do, no guarantees that one won't crack or break too.

Honestly, neither rubber nor ceramic is appropriate for use as a bezel insert. But unlike rubber, ceramic has absolutely no give to it at all. Yeah, some of the older 500Ms suffered from crown issues. But since TAG Heuer now covers that under warranty, it's easily fixed if encountered. Also, no one will mistake the older 500M for anything else out there. The newer one looks a bit too much like the current 300M.

When your two choices are rubber or ceramic as a bezel material on a watch you want to last, rubber gets the nod.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

^ I'm unlikely to hit ceramic that hard, true failure is not ductile i.e. brittle but I've got more confidence in it than rubber that can just degrade by exposure to the elements, crack etc. And the rubber is like 1 to 2 mm only. I know because mine is getting fixed under warranty for premature "failure" though mine's likely workmanship related. But the thinness of it doesnt instill confidence in me.

Agree with you on the ceramic looking like the 300m or _____(add Sub, seamaster etc). I feel unique wearing mine.
    Last edited by Rachdanon; October 1st, 2013 at 15:05. Reason: add 2nd para

My ceramic tag was tested pretty hard. I stumbled and fell down hard against a light post. Knocked me out in a few seconds. My left wrist had contusion and bruised near the watch. The bezel titanium covered with titanium carbide had scratches BUT the ceramic bezel was perfect without scratches!!!

Blunderact
    Richerson likes this.

ouch.......glad youre OK
    Monocrom likes this.

isn't it strange how real life experiences tend to disprove "theories" that people who do not have the watch seem to proclaim.

Anyway.
    Hope it wasn't too bad a fall. Hey, now your watch has character.
    Skitalets likes this.
    Hidden Content

Thoughts for the day:
    if you have to shout to get attention, you're not worth the time
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Proud View Post
    ouch.......glad youre OK
    +1

Good to hear you weren't badly hurt.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Hi, would just like to ask if the previous issues of the aquaracer 500m is solved(crown)? Because im planning to buy the ceramic version tomorrow thanksss

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast