AQUARACER 500M CLUB - Page 13
Like Tree297Likes

Thread: AQUARACER 500M CLUB

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Re: AQUARACER 500M CLUB

I have to ADMIT....this WAK2120 one owned by Wisconsin made me go " HOLY ***T!...LOL....its a superb look...elegant..classy...sporty..and most of all, unique....
    Im getting ready to pull the trigger on this one....I knew I shouldnt have browsed the forums
    Omega SMP Ceramic 300 M BLUE Bezel
    Omega SpeedMaster Professional 3570.50 ( The last one?)
    Rolex SubC Hulk
    Rolex DSSD Deep Sea

One MOre!

A shot of mine =)

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Welcome to WUS.

Crown issues were mainly prevalent on the older 500M. No issues reported on the newer version.

TAG Heuer was a bit slow to recognize the issue, but did step up and now covers crown issues on the older 500M; under warranty. As for stopping, sporadic reports at best. If you have your heart set on any watch, I recommend researching the Hell out of it before pulling the trigger. With regards to those two issues you've mentioned, don't let them stop you from buying an Aquaracer if you really want one.

Monocrom,
    I must say that the crown issue can be a show stopper for many. As mususk266 said, for some it is difficult to send the watch for warranty. If it is broken, it is for good or for a big period of time. and you cannot buy a watch having in mind that at some point will broke. Have you ever heard of cases with the new ceramic model? At least one? did they change something in it to fix this issue?

musuk266,

what model do you have? it is the new ceramic model or the old one?

I am hopping that they fixed it in the ceramic model. I want to be sure before I buy it.

Thanks

i have the 500m blue aquaracer with the rubberized bezel and the date at 9 o clock.

Once again, never heard of that issue cropping up on the new model 500M. Clearly, TAG Heuer must have changed something in order to make the new model more durable in that regard than the older one.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

AQUARACER 500M CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by bulinel View Post
    Monocrom,
    I must say that the crown issue can be a show stopper for many. As mususk266 said, for some it is difficult to send the watch for warranty. If it is broken, it is for good or for a big period of time. and you cannot buy a watch having in mind that at some point will broke. Have you ever heard of cases with the new ceramic model? At least one? did they change something in it to fix this issue?

musuk266,

what model do you have? it is the new ceramic model or the old one?

I am hopping that they fixed it in the ceramic model. I want to be sure before I buy it.

Thanks
    I have the ceramic. Time keeping is bad. Crown is fine.

Blunderact
    Last edited by Blunderact; October 15th, 2013 at 09:48.

my aquaracer keep the time very good, within cosc stantard, currently the watch is at the romanian tag heuer "Galt" representative and they charged me with a little more than 250 euros for repairing the crown, i said go for it with the repair having to pay when the watch will be delivered to me end of november as they said, im not happy with that, is not for the money, i understood from this forum, other guys had the watches repaired at the tag heuer expenses, why didnt can i?

as i said before, on the official tag site theres no direct contact, only the adress of the romanian galt representant. its a shame.

Hello there, I bought a aquaracer 500m blue few months ago and I found out that the bezel can be turned easily.
    I'm afraid and worried that the spring might become loose some how. Any idea what could be the cause ?
    Another thing, The bezel 60(a dot) suppose to be at the centre with my 12 o clock. but the bezel dot seems to sway a little bit to the left or right.
    Please help.Name:  20131023_194653_resized.jpg
Views: 1995
Size:  148.4 KB

Centering the lume pip properly should be an easy fix for any local independent watchmaker. Though if you bought it at a TAG Heuer AD, go back and ask that they take care of it for you. And I don't mean sending it in and making you wait weeks to get it back.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information