AQUARACER 500M CLUB - Page 14
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: AQUARACER 500M CLUB

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

AQUARACER 500M CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by momojoe View Post
    Hello there, I bought a aquaracer 500m blue few months ago and I found out that the bezel can be turned easily.
    I'm afraid and worried that the spring might become loose some how. Any idea what could be the cause ?
    Another thing, The bezel 60(a dot) suppose to be at the centre with my 12 o clock. but the bezel dot seems to sway a little bit to the left or right.
    Please help.Attachment 1259856
    If you look at my earlier post (3 post away), the dot at bezel 60 is not aligned too. The bezel turns easily. Sometimes the bezel turns 10 to 15 degrees without me noticing it.

And to get even with their lousy after sales service, lets post these comments in every forum we join to warn others or let tag know how dissatisfied we are.

Blunderact
    Last edited by Blunderact; October 25th, 2013 at 16:39.

RDK

Re: AQUARACER 500M CLUB

Hello there, I bought a aquaracer 500m blue few months ago and I found out that the bezel can be turned easily.
    I'm afraid and worried that the spring might become loose some how. Any idea what could be the cause ?
    Another thing, The bezel 60(a dot) suppose to be at the centre with my 12 o clock. but the bezel dot seems to sway a little bit to the left or right.
    Please help.Attachment 1259856
    Turn the bezel one more click CCW, the 10 minute markers are not aligned in this picture.
    Last edited by RDK; October 25th, 2013 at 18:02.
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Tudor Heritage Black Bay Blue 79220B

Quote Originally Posted by Blunderact View Post

And to get even with their lousy after sales service, lets post these comments in every forum we join to warn others or let tag know how dissatisfied we are.

Blunderact
    Wouldnt it be easier to go over the watch completely BEFORE the sale to makes sure everything is up to your standards? if its such a blatant quality problem, Im sure someone with a keen eye like yours would surely notice immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Proud View Post
    Wouldnt it be easier to go over the watch completely BEFORE the sale to makes sure everything is up to your standards? if its such a blatant quality problem, Im sure someone with a keen eye like yours would surely notice immediately.
    Initially, i have trust and confidence with tag. Maybe because of its advertising. I took the watch because of my perceived reputation on a swiss watch.

But i was dissatisfied buyer and i want to spread the word so others will not be prey to advertising.

Maybe tag has indeed a good reputation. But that was before perhaps. Or they were simply hit by financial crisis lately.

Blunderact

The bezel 60(a dot) suppose to be at the centre with my 12 o clock. but the bezel dot seems to sway a little bit to the left or right.
    what do you mean?
    are you saying that the bezel is loose and moves?

Add this to your earlier comment
    I found out that the bezel can be turned easily
    and it does indeed sound like there is something up with the bezel click spring.

I have to ask if you bought whatever the shop had on display or did you order a watch in?
    It wouldn't surprise me if there was some damage done by a previous handler of the watch
    i.e they turned it the other way

In any case, it isn't a big issue as the spring is just a cheap bit of stamped metal with a couple of teeth in it.
    Unless it's broken in some way, any half decent watch-maker can take the bezel off and "adjust" the teeth on the spring to fix it.

For the record, my costs twice as much Planet Ocean suffered from the same fault/s from factory (I pretty much ordered one when it was in its final production run) and I fixed it myself.
    Hidden Content

Thoughts for the day:
    if you have to shout to get attention, you're not worth the time
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by drunken monkey View Post
    For the record, my costs twice as much Planet Ocean suffered from the same fault/s from factory (I pretty much ordered one when it was in its final production run) and I fixed it myself.
    Could you describe how you fixed your bezel? I posted about this same problem a month ago. My WAK bezel turns easily, though there is no play once it clicks in place.

Quote Originally Posted by STwiga View Post
    Could you describe how you fixed your bezel? I posted about this same problem a month ago. My WAK bezel turns easily, though there is no play once it clicks in place.
    You have to remove the bezel.
    Once that is off, you will see and be able to remove the flat bezel "spring" and adjust the teeth as necessary.
    The likely cause is that the teeth are too "flat" and need to be pulled up slightly.

On my PO, the bezel had a little vertical play and it too turned too easily and adjusting the teeth as above fixed it.
    Hidden Content

Thoughts for the day:
    if you have to shout to get attention, you're not worth the time
    Hidden Content

Unhappy Re: AQUARACER 500M CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Proud View Post

I really love this timepiece! The more I see the blue, the more I want it! I had an Omega SMP electric blue but sold it....... How do you like wearing this? Do you think it works as a casual watch as well or just more as a business suit and tie?
    888blue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimjmoon View Post
    I really love this timepiece! The more I see the blue, the more I want it! I had an Omega SMP electric blue but sold it....... How do you like wearing this? Do you think it works as a casual watch as well or just more as a business suit and tie?
    works well in most situations.

Here's mine. Black 500m ceramic.

Snoweagle and Watch OCD like this.

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information