AQUARACER 500M CLUB - Page 21
Like Tree316Likes

Thread: AQUARACER 500M CLUB

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Re: AQUARACER 500M CLUB

After seeing it on this thread. I ended up picking up a two tone aquaracer. Day 1 but really enjoying. Nice change from all my other stainless steel only watches. Really impressed with ceramic bezel.
    Name:  photo (6).JPG
Views: 1441
Size:  133.7 KB
    Skitalets, JES1, dsabinojr and 1 others like this.

Hey all, I mainly frequent the Seiko forum as that is the bulk of my watches. Other than my Lum-Tec 300M it is all I have, until now.

I have been a fan of Tag Heuer since the 80's when I was a teenager. However, at that age, I could not afford anything remotely close. The older I got, I bought Seiko's, some more Seiko's and yet some more. And so time faded by as did my lust for Tag. Not sure why it did, but it did.

Then, not too long ago I was eyeing the first gen Aquaracer 500M. I loved the toolish style, the all brushed case and bracelet. The raised numbers on the bezel are something you don't see everyday. And the depth of the dial is amazing. This renewed my desire for a Tag Heuer.

So, my quest began. I looked at the new Aquaracers, both the 300M and the 500M. But I didn't like what they did to the new 500's. Smaller and thinner case along with the ceramic bezel insert makes it look like it is trying too hard to be something else. Don't get me wrong, it is a gorgeous watch no doubt but not something I am really into right now. If I want something more dressy, I would just buy a dress watch.

After more searching, I knew it was the first generation 500M Aquaracer that I wanted. After seeing a few come and go on the forums, I found one that I really liked. I knew that this watch was going to steal all kinds of wrist time from my Sumo's, 6309 and baby Tuna so I knew I wanted to go quartz. To me quartz exemplifies this type of tough and durable watch. It goes hand in hand with the all brushed finish, no prettiness at all.

And today, my new old Aquaracer arrived. It is everything I had hoped it would be. I love the weight, the size, the depth of the dial, everything. This watch is so much different than the new 500M and I am glad I got one before they become more scarce. Thanks to everyone that have posted pics of their Aquaracers, it really helped me make my choice.

Crappy cell phone pics for now.
    JES1, dsabinojr, 888blue and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adbfox View Post
    After seeing it on this thread. I ended up picking up a two tone aquaracer. Day 1 but really enjoying. Nice change from all my other stainless steel only watches. Really impressed with ceramic bezel.
    Name:  photo (6).JPG
Views: 1441
Size:  133.7 KB
    Hi, nice watch!

I have been seriously thinking about buying this watch. Originally wanted a Aquaracer 500m Chronograph but the watch looked too thick on my wrist. Any chance of a few more pics to get a proper look at the to tone?

Thanks

Just got my AR about 5 days ago. So far I really love it. The timekeeping is pretty accurate so far. This watch is pretty classy and I can see wearing it daily. I really like the size as I am starting to prefer watches that are 40 - 42mm. I have seen others on this forum with the rubber strap and I have to say the OEM strap is pretty comfortable. I don't have one for my AR but I do have a Tag Formula 1 with the rubber strap.

Skitalets, JES1 and sickened1 like this.

I'm excited to be a new member of the AQUARACER 500M CLUB!

Skitalets, JES1, dsabinojr and 2 others like this.
    Hidden Content
    Among Addictions...None is like the "Watchaholic" - Gary

Name:  IMG_20140905_175830.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  65.2 KB
    JES1, Miltosk, dsabinojr and 1 others like this.

How much did you paid for this watch? I am planning to buy one and the best price I found was $1950.00

Please advice!

Smile Re: AQUARACER 500M CLUB

Hi All!
    I am new the forum. Bought a Tag Heuer CAK2110 yesterday and I guess I have become eligible to be here. It is my first TAG and man it is one sexy watch. Feels heavy though "Compared" to my previous watches but it makes its presence felt! Good time keeping as well. I have read thousands of posts regarding slipping crown issues but it never made me revert from the decision of buying this Super Watch. At the time of purchase "Authorized Dealer" I learnt how to screw it in.. I hope that lesson shall keep me safe from getting into the troubles :)
    Last edited by khanzada; September 12th, 2014 at 09:35.

Quote Originally Posted by khanzada View Post
    Hi All!
    I am new the forum. Bought a Tag Heuer CAK2110 yesterday and I guess I have become eligible to be here. It is my first TAG and man it is one sexy watch. Feels heavy though "Compared" to my previous watches but it makes its presence felt! Good time keeping as well. I have read thousands of posts regarding slipping crown issues but it never made me revert from the decision of buying this Super Watch. At the time of purchase "Authorized Dealer" I learnt how to screw it in.. I hope that lesson shall keep me safe from getting into the troubles :)
    Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Quote Originally Posted by imagwai View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen ;)
    unable to upload pic.. please help as I have tried many times.
    Last edited by khanzada; September 12th, 2014 at 11:10.

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information