AQUARACER 500M CLUB - Page 27
Like Tree322Likes

Thread: AQUARACER 500M CLUB

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
    skt

Re: AQUARACER 500M CLUB

For me it was more or less an impulse buy. Tried it on, loved it and bought it 20 minutes later.

This morning I had to wind it and set the time because it has stopped and somehow the crown operation seemed very strange. After doing some research I found the dreaded crown issues.
    It seems that for mine not even a full turn of the crown is needed to unscrew it; the same when screwing it in. I am not forcing it at all not to break anything.

One question would be...does the crown need stay flush with the case? On mine I have like half a millimetre distance.

It is my first serious watch with a screw-in crown and I guess I am not experienced enough to tell if I have the crown problems or not.
    But if I know that a potential problem might be there and I cannot really tell if it's broken or not, I really can't enjoy the watch. I am even thinking on trying to return it.

3/4 turns till it's tight just isn't right, or is it? Maybe I don't have the feel for it. Damn...it really messed up my Sunday.

Thanks!

Here's mine. Love the detail on the dial, the rubber coating (especially on the crown when you wind it), the cool caseback, the cyclops over the date, the clicks of the bezel and the lightness of titanium. And oh yeah, digging the green...

Name:  IMG_1519.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  2.53 MB

Adam

Name:  GOPR1147.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  1.98 MB
    beowulfpt likes this.

I am new here, my first Tag's after Plane Ocean and Perrelet, but I really like this watch, beautiful design and size, looks realy goood

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    beowulfpt likes this.

Would this be the right thread to mention Aquagraph? Since it's a 500m Aquaracer based model?

Quote Originally Posted by skt View Post
    For me it was more or less an impulse buy. Tried it on, loved it and bought it 20 minutes later.

This morning I had to wind it and set the time because it has stopped and somehow the crown operation seemed very strange. After doing some research I found the dreaded crown issues.
    It seems that for mine not even a full turn of the crown is needed to unscrew it; the same when screwing it in. I am not forcing it at all not to break anything.

One question would be...does the crown need stay flush with the case? On mine I have like half a millimetre distance.

It is my first serious watch with a screw-in crown and I guess I am not experienced enough to tell if I have the crown problems or not.
    But if I know that a potential problem might be there and I cannot really tell if it's broken or not, I really can't enjoy the watch. I am even thinking on trying to return it.

3/4 turns till it's tight just isn't right, or is it? Maybe I don't have the feel for it. Damn...it really messed up my Sunday.

Thanks!
    I love how the forum just poured in to answer your question. I have not heard of that problem. I wish I had the answer for you. Now I guess I have to check mine.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."
    - General George S Patton

Morality is nothing more than expressions of people's personal taste

I want to join. Had mine form a month and love it.
    Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  1.33 MBName:  FullSizeRender2.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  1.33 MBName:  IMG_1580.JPG
Views: 842
Size:  2.43 MBName:  IMG_1581.JPG
Views: 838
Size:  2.07 MB
    warmarko, nanjiunn and momo73 like this.

just gotten a wak2110 and my first tag.

I tried winding the watch and find alot of resistance when trying to wind it.
    Also similarly when screwing down the crown. Is this normal?

I still get about 4 turns when screwing down.

There is no problem with date and time adjustments.

I have lots of watches with unique and interesting color accents. I really admire the simplicity of this watch. It's like a nice black tuxedo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by FreshJeep; September 6th, 2015 at 00:22.
    BiggerJon likes this.
    Ball Fireman ​II
    Ball Trainmaster Cleveland Express
    Bell & Ross Vintage 123 Heritage
    Citizen Blue-Angels Skyhawk
    Corum American Bubble
    DOXA SUB 1200T Professional ​MKII
    Fortis ​Spacematic
    TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500m Ceramic

Planning on buying this in a few weeks but reading all about the negative comments about it is making me thin twice.

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread Information