AQUARACER 500M CLUB - Page 7
Like Tree302Likes

Thread: AQUARACER 500M CLUB

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Re: AQUARACER 500M CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Tagdevil View Post
    That is good but I've read the stories of people sending it back for weeks to be repaired and, on many occasions, multiple times. I never owned a high-end watch like this before but I'd completetly expect it to be bulletproof. Do they now have a fix so that if it goes back for repair they replace it with a stronger part so that the issue doesn't reoccur? I'm really concerned about this and reliability is most important to me even though I love the watch and it is right for me. I don't want a sub-standard item when I expect excellence.

Thanks for your help.
    Servicing of luxury watches from different brands realistically usually takes a few weeks anyway. (Regardless of what the issue might be.) So that's across the board. Personally, I've never heard of individuals having to return their 500Ms on multiple occasions to get the same problem fixed over and over and over again. It's true that dive watches generally have a reputation for better durability compared to other types of watches. But one thing you learn with this hobby is that when you go up even further in price tiers compared to TAG Heuer, one of the things you don't get is increased durability. If anything, many of those watches that cost as much as a nice house; are more fragile than a $85 quartz dive watch or a sub-$200 mechanical dive watch. The 500M doesn't have a reputation for being fragile. But keep in mind that durability is not one of the things you get when you pay a large premium for a higher end watch. Patek Philippe makes excellent timepieces. But durability is not even remotely a strong suit with their watches.

TAG Heuer will fix your watch if an issue develops. But I'm not privy to the details of the repair procedure they go through.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Blunderact View Post
    This is great!!! Can you give us the web site so that we could show to our local service ?

Blunderact
    I first heard about TAG Heuer reversing company policy and covering the fix, right here on WUS. I might be mistaken, but I believe it was Eeeb who first reported the good news.

Also, looks like you own the new model 500M. Not sure if the warranty-covered repair applies to the new version. Haven't heard of crown issues with that one.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Servicing of luxury watches from different brands realistically usually takes a few weeks anyway. (Regardless of what the issue might be.) So that's across the board. Personally, I've never heard of individuals having to return their 500Ms on multiple occasions to get the same problem fixed over and over and over again. It's true that dive watches generally have a reputation for better durability compared to other types of watches. But one thing you learn with this hobby is that when you go up even further in price tiers compared to TAG Heuer, one of the things you don't get is increased durability. If anything, many of those watches that cost as much as a nice house; are more fragile than a $85 quartz dive watch or a sub-$200 mechanical dive watch. The 500M doesn't have a reputation for being fragile. But keep in mind that durability is not one of the things you get when you pay a large premium for a higher end watch. Patek Philippe makes excellent timepieces. But durability is not even remotely a strong suit with their watches.

TAG Heuer will fix your watch if an issue develops. But I'm not privy to the details of the repair procedure they go through.
    Honestly, I find this very disappointing. I have a much higher expectation for something that I want to last a lifetime and be able to hand down to my children. I should have done more homework. Thanks for your guidance and honestly.
    Halios Laguna II

"Live your life. Be crazy. Don't wait. Because right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you'll be.....EVER AGAIN."

Ti with omega isofrane...

Name:  DSC02166_zps9fda9937.jpg
Views: 3061
Size:  40.4 KB

Name:  TAGpic_zps35117c6e.jpg
Views: 2671
Size:  79.6 KB
    jokr82 likes this.
    | Omega SMP PO 8500 | Seiko MM300 | Panerai Luminor Daylight |
    \ TAG Heuer Grand Carrera \ Rolex Seadweller 16600 \

Quote Originally Posted by audz95 View Post
    Ti with omega isofrane...

Name:  DSC02166_zps9fda9937.jpg
Views: 3061
Size:  40.4 KB

Name:  TAGpic_zps35117c6e.jpg
Views: 2671
Size:  79.6 KB
    I think I need that strap. The tag strap looks bulky. The the rubber strap and the lugs protrudes.

Blunderact
    Last edited by Blunderact; July 23rd, 2013 at 09:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Blunderact View Post
    I think I need that strap. The tag strap looks bulky. The the rubber strap and the lugs protrudes.

Blunderact

Guys, those stock tag straps on this one, even though they have a traditional clasp, it looks like the entire thing can be adjusted however much you want by sliding up or down the end of the strap- easily, without tools, or even while on your wrist?

They have an enlargeable photo of it here- wak2180.ft6027 Tag Heuer Aquaracer Automatic 500M Calibre 5 Mens Watch
    and it looks like there is overlap. Probably what makes it a little more bulky, but I've been looking for a strap like this, with on the fly micro adjustability. No chance tag sells that on its own huh, or how I'd find it? The watch itself looks incredible, wish I could swing one & just get the strap with it.
    This is now a Veda thread.

Any AD can order the strap & clasp separately.

^THanks. I read that someone in this thread ordered theirs from jared, so i called the closest one here & asked what it'd take to get one. I'm guessing nothing short of a few hundred dollars, but she said she'll let me know exactly tomorrow so i'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by kjse7en View Post
    Good morning sunshine :)

Attachment 1091974
    What exactly are the numbers in the bezel, just exposed Ti where there is no ceramic, or painted gray? So, so nice.
    Last edited by HomeMadeLookingBoutiqueSh; July 25th, 2013 at 02:24.

most like 400-500 with the clasp :)

Wouldn't surprise me. I was figuring at a minimum $350 just based on what oris charges for something similar. Even that is too high a percentage of the cost of the entire watch itself. Thanks for tempering my expectations. still doesn't hurt to find out, except just a little when she screams in my face. The hear hole part of my face, through the phone, when I tell her "no" please don't order it for me. A furniture guy just did that to me monday, except he laughed- that amused "oh wow you actually wasted my 5min calling you" laugh.

I just hate that it's taking more work on their part than I thought it would- she called back just to update me that it will take an additional day or two to find out how much.

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast