Archie Luxury - WTF? - Page 2
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Archie Luxury - WTF?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Archie Luxury - WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    And not a very good one at that... His routine is droll. He is rich so just eccentric. If he were poor he would be called quite ill.
    He is not rich; check out his videos begging for money. Quite pathetic. He finances watches that he can't afford with his paltry salary. Not very 'luxurious'.

I do watch his video because it's funny watching him grovel.
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer Calibre 5 300m WAN2110, Seiko Chronograph SNDB11P1

Quote Originally Posted by bha1980 View Post
    He is not rich; check out his videos begging for money. Quite pathetic. He finances watches that he can't afford with his paltry salary. Not very 'luxurious'.

I do watch his video because it's funny watching him grovel.
    It's true! a few months back I saw a couple videos where he was saying how he would do "Consultations" at an attractive fee... I think in the range of $10 - $20....so yeah...I even inserted a link where he is selling autographed photos of himself to raise fund for a trip to NYC...haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAQWX...1DjX_Q&index=2 he even says "no more e-begging"....
    Last edited by Calibre5; January 14th, 2013 at 02:04.

I hate that guy. Look for my comment!
    - Adam
    Instagram: @GMTSUBTIME Hidden Content

He refers to himself in 3rd person sometimes.....actually quite humorous.

Sent via Tapatalk
    mpfrost likes this.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    (Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

He's the same thing as the watch snob. He created a character for entertainment. There was one video I saw where he described creating the archy luxury persona. I think it's funny how people on WUS think these guys are real and get all bent out of shape about what they say. It's entertainment folks, and not that clever either. It's easier to get recognized when you say crazy $i!it than be a legit reviewer.

At least the watch snob actually knows a little bit about watches Archy just rants and tries to be obnoxious and say funny things.
    Last edited by wristclock; January 15th, 2013 at 06:58.
    Calm down.....It's just a watch....

I'm new to the watch collecting world and the only reason why I have 2 Tags is my wife got them for me. I've been doing a little reading here and there and he's not the first guy to say that Tags aren't that great of a watch. If you look past his vulgar delivery and how he attacks Tags, he has a point. Tags do use ETA movements. Some watch collectors will tell you that only respectable watches have their own in house movement. Will this keep me from buying another Tag? Nope. I'd like to keep buying watches because I like the look and the watch will serve me in different situations.

Quote Originally Posted by wristclock View Post
    ...I think it's funny how people on WUS think these guys are real and get all bent out of shape about what they say. It's entertainment folks, and not that clever either. It's easier to get recognized when you say crazy $i!it than be a legit reviewer....
    I suppose you are right. Playing an absurd character does get attention, especially when folks think it is real (ala Steven Colbert).

And people do get worked up ...

An example of people getting worked up over something 'real':

Americans have for decades been treated to TV 'wrestling' which is a business, not a sport. Really evil people you instantly despise abound! Several decades ago a Japanese TV network started domestic rebroadcasts. Many viewers thought it real and became enraged. Unfortunately one died of a heart attack while watching and the network dropped the shows.

People love hating Archie. You are right, it is probably very similar
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

I think Archie is funny. All tongue in cheek though.
    Seiko SNDB03
    Seiko SNK031
    Orient Black Ray EM6500BB
    Orient Orange Mako CEM65004M
    Casio DW6900NB-7
    Casio DW6900-1V
    Invicta Russian Diver 1805
    Victoronix 241386 CB

Actually all of his "top 25 watches" were pretty good timepieces (although I personally wouldn't have put any quartz watches on the list, regardless of their manufacturer). But to say that these are the "25 best watches" or that everything else is a "piece of sh--" is pretty ridiculous. I notice that nothing by Philippe Dufour, George Daniels, Roger Smith, or Roland Murphy made the cut. Does "ArchieLuxury" even know who these people are/were? If he thinks their watches are "dogs", I hope he will send me any that he finds. I will be happy to wear it on my wrist.

Apparently the only criterion "ArchieLuxury" has for evaluating watches is how much they impress other people. If that's someone's goal, they can probably save a ton of money by buying a fake Rolex. Yes, a fake Rolex. It doesn't even have to be a very good fake. Of course, it won't fool an expert. But most people aren't watch experts, and they don't look very closely at somebody else's wrist. It might be just the ticket for a job interviewee, for a salesman, or (to put it in terms "ArchieLuxury" seems to understand) someone who frequents the local bordello.
    Last edited by Doug Rees; April 18th, 2014 at 19:38.

MJM

I love my TAGs. Though I've been to ADs and asked them about this video and about TAGs reputation in general and sadly they too don't put TAG near the top of the food chain in the world of watches. I just don't get it.
    Without time there is nothing......

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information