Archie Luxury - WTF? - Page 4
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Archie Luxury - WTF?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58
  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    LA Lakers
    Posts
    505

    Re: Archie Luxury - WTF?

    Quote Originally Posted by Richerson View Post
    If people don't like Tag Heuer I've no idea why they hang around the forum.
    Trolling.

  2. #32
    Member Eeeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Great Lakes - USofA
    Posts
    18,025

    Re: Archie Luxury - WTF?

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpits View Post
    Trolling.
    Yes and no. Looking at the history of his posts, they reflect very little thought... mostly one liners. Anyone can post on WUS. That means some posts are not going to be worth reading. It is the nature of the beast. One must live with it... and sometimes one can point out the inherent stupidity of some posts. That provides a diversion
    enricodepaoli likes this.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

    "The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

    ...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

  3. #33
    Member Wlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    493

    Re: Archie Luxury - WTF?

    My opinion is that Tag is never brand with great horological heritage but more a watch with a great affiliation to sports and racing. In that regard I do not think Tag is a top watch brand and in terms of status cannot be compared to brands like rolex, patek, etc.

    Notwithstanding this, I simply love Tag for what it is. It epitomizes the spirit of being a good reliable sports watch, being avant-garde and always pushing the boundaries. Yes, I have my rolexes and panerais but there is definitely a place for Tag in my heart.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    Yes and no. Looking at the history of his posts, they reflect very little thought... mostly one liners. Anyone can post on WUS. That means some posts are not going to be worth reading. It is the nature of the beast. One must live with it... and sometimes one can point out the inherent stupidity of some posts. That provides a diversion
    gossler and Professor S like this.
    Current:
    Officine Panerai Luminor 233 ---- Officine Panerai Luminor 335 ---- Officine Panerai Luminor 351 ---- Officine Panerai Luminor 372 ---- Rolex Day-Date 1803 ---- Rolex Submariner 14060m ---- Rolex Explorer II 16570 ---- Omega Speedmaster Professional MOTM ---- IWC MARK XVI ---- Tag Heuer Kirium F1 ---- Alpina Heritage Automatic ---- Swatch Irony 1996 High Tail YCS1000 ---- Seiko Sumo SBDC031 ---- Seiko Yobokies SNZG13 Pilot Mod ---- Casio Gulfmaster GWN-1000b-1a ---- Orient Bambino Singapore 50 years of independence twin set ---- Luminox Colormark 3051.BO.1

    Gone:
    Officine Panerai Submersible 24 ---- Officine Panerai Luminor 563 ---- Officine Panerai Radiomir 210 ---- Officine Panerai 112 ---- Bell & Ross BR03-92 Golden Heritage ---- Omega Speedmaster Date ---- Seiko Prospex GMT Diver SUN045 ---- Seiko Shrouded Monster SRP 637 ---- Seiko Black Monster SKX 779 ---- Casio Mudman G9000

  4. #34
    Member Wisconsin Proud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,771

    Re: Archie Luxury - WTF?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wlover View Post
    My opinion is that Tag is never brand with great horological heritage but more a watch with a great affiliation to sports and racing. In that regard I do not think Tag is a top watch brand and in terms of status cannot be compared to brands like rolex, patek, etc.

    Notwithstanding this, I simply love Tag for what it is. It epitomizes the spirit of being a good reliable sports watch, being avant-garde and always pushing the boundaries. Yes, I have my rolexes and panerais but there is definitely a place for Tag in my heart.
    Having made watches since 1860 tells me something about having heritage.

  5. #35
    Member sgtiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    945

    Re: Archie Luxury - WTF?

    I've seen a LOT of ArchieLuxury videos.

    He thinks that the takeover and transformation into Tag Heuer killed the brand, especially with the introduction of the F1's. The whole Seiko movement fiasco drives the point home for him.

    THAT SAID: He LOVES Heuer watches and appreciates the classic Heuer designs, especially the Monaco and Carerra. He even states in an earlier video that he likes the Aquaracer design and is glad Tag Heuer has driven people into the watch market - if for no other reason than to inspire people to want a luxury watch as their next timepiece. He does not think Tag Heuer is LUXURY. He thinks it's a stepping stone to luxury. He even cites that Obama owns a Tag, and you aren't a nitwit for purchasing one, as long as you understand what you are purchasing. He thinks Tag is a step above affordable ("dogshit") and a step below luxury. I think that's a fair assessment in overall branding.

    It is NOT just about the movement. Breitling's use ETA movements, he thinks Breitling is a solid luxury watch.

    I think his real gripe is that the average person views Tag Heuer as true luxury, he gives credit to the LVMH marketing machine. Most of us here probably understand there are plenty of better watches out there. It's all about perspective.
    Last edited by sgtiger; May 4th, 2014 at 05:38.
    jsong831 and Wibbs like this.

  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    185

    Re: Archie Luxury - WTF?

    Quote Originally Posted by sgtiger View Post
    I've seen a LOT of ArchieLuxury videos.

    He thinks that the takeover and transformation into Tag Heuer killed the brand, especially with the introduction of the F1's. The whole Seiko movement fiasco drives the point home for him.

    THAT SAID: He LOVES Heuer watches and appreciates the classic Heuer designs, especially the Monaco and Carerra. He even states in an earlier video that he likes the Aquaracer design and is glad Tag Heuer has driven people into the watch market - if for no other reason than to inspire people to want a luxury watch as their next timepiece. He does not think Tag Heuer is LUXURY. He thinks it's a stepping stone to luxury. He even cites that Obama owns a Tag, and you aren't a nitwit for purchasing one, as long as you understand what you are purchasing. He thinks Tag is a step above affordable ("dogshit") and a step below luxury. I think that's a fair assessment in overall branding.

    It is NOT just about the movement. Breitling's use ETA movements, he thinks Breitling is a solid luxury watch.

    I think his real gripe is that the average person views Tag Heuer as true luxury, he gives credit to the LVMH marketing machine. Most of us here probably understand there are plenty of better watches out there. It's all about perspective.



    exactly what I thought





    Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Frederick, CO
    Posts
    14

    Re: Archie Luxury - WTF?

    Watches, for most of us, are like children.

    We spend a long time determining that, yes, you do want one.

    Then you save for 9 months.

    When you get it...it is the most beautiful thing in the world.

    If anyone DARE say anything bad about it..God help them.

    However, now you are stuck with it. So, you rationalize that it is the best thing ever.

    This is how I see owners that defend the idea that Tag is or is not a luxury brand. Does not matter. You made the decision. You are stuck with it. It is just a watch...however, it did cost as much as a car did 30 yrs ago.

    i like my Seiko nearly as much as my Grand Carrera. I have gotten complements on my Seiko. Never on my Tag. Interesting, eh?

  8. #38
    Moderator DougFNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,714

    Re: Archie Luxury - WTF?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeepersjoey View Post
    Watches, for most of us, are like children.

    We spend a long time determining that, yes, you do want one.

    Then you save for 9 months.

    When you get it...it is the most beautiful thing in the world.

    If anyone DARE say anything bad about it..God help them.

    However, now you are stuck with it. So, you rationalize that it is the best thing ever.

    This is how I see owners that defend the idea that Tag is or is not a luxury brand. Does not matter. You made the decision. You are stuck with it. It is just a watch...however, it did cost as much as a car did 30 yrs ago.

    i like my Seiko nearly as much as my Grand Carrera. I have gotten complements on my Seiko. Never on my Tag. Interesting, eh?
    Except you can't sell a kid when it doesn't quite work out as well as you thought it would.

    I don't buy a watch for the compliments, although I receive more on my Link than any other watch I have owned, and I have owned a LOT.

    This is all opinion and perspective, it is right to you, but not necessarily right to me. I'm not saying anyone here does, but I don't base my satisfaction of my purchase based on some English snob clown, or anyone else for that matter, that approves, disapproves, likes, dislikes, compliments, or insults what I purchased with my hard earned dollars. Tag to me has a sentimental value as a brand that I REALLY wanted when I got my first "big boy" watch, and I couldn't afford one. I felt then that if I could eventually get one I will have achieved a certain success in obtaining goals I set for myself financially. I was very fortunate and grateful to had gotten precisely the watch that I ultimately decided on, The Link Calibre 16. I have not for a second felt a pang of regret or buyers remorse. I look at it in my collection as the nicest piece I have ever owned. It is accurate, functional, reliable, and extremely comfortable. My Tuna and my Doxa are 2 other favorites for different reasons looks wise. They are both the complete opposite of this watch aesthetically, I receive NO compliments on either... ever, and my wife hates the Tuna and dislikes the Doxa. I wear the 3 of them often.

    The ETA 7750 to me is one of the time tested go to movements of many brands, I don't have to tell anyone here that. It goes in a less expensive Hamilton and much more expensive Panerai. To me, that fact does not add or subtract value as there are other factors that go into a price. The materials, designs, attention to detail, hand applications, and of course marketing. It's like people that compare a $2500 Mac to a $700 HP. The processor is the same, yet my Macbook Pro runs just as fast 3 years after I bought it as the day I bought it. My last 3 HP's had given up on me at the 3 year mark. The bloatware, vulnerability to virus and Malware, and constant errors, problems, and long weekly updates and Virus Scans made the premium price paid for the Mac well spent. My old Hamilton X-Wind did not keep the same time as my Link. I was also put off quite a bit when the hand on the 6:00 sub dial fell off. And when it was exchanged, the minute hand only lined up at the minute mark at :00 seconds half the time. This is the difference between one and the other in my own experience.
    wovivi01 likes this.
    Apple Watch Space Black Series 2
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600C Speed
    Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR Frogman

    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1 Rescue
    Citizen ATO810-55X
    Movado SE Two-Tone
    Omega SeaMaster Pro Ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003
    Omega Seamaster Pro Bond Quartz 2221.80

    Seiko SKA625
    Seiko Velatura SNAA93
    Seiko V701
    Tag Heuer Auto Chrono Link CAT2010.BA0952

    Check out my video reviews at:
    Hidden Content
    Twitter: @DougFNJ

    Hidden Content

  9. #39
    Member Farmfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Gothenburg - Sweden
    Posts
    92

    Re: Archie Luxury - WTF?

    Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    It's like people that compare a $2500 Mac to a $700 HP. The processor is the same, yet my Macbook Pro runs just as fast 3 years after I bought it as the day I bought it. My last 3 HP's had given up on me at the 3 year mark. The bloatware, vulnerability to virus and Malware, and constant errors, problems, and long weekly updates and Virus Scans made the premium price paid for the Mac well spent.
    The MacPro use professional grade hardware specs and design. If you buy a professional grade Dell or HP with similar specs, something made for 3D/CAD or video editing, it'll be as good as any MBP. And I say this as a graphics professional who's been using Mac's since the late 1980s. Interestingly enough, nowadays I don't use them, partly because of poor hardware choices in graphics (AMD graphics are a joke for video/3D work) but also because OS X - imo - has become so very bloated, hehe... ;)

    But to get back to watches, to me it sounds kinda funny how Tag charges like 3x the cash for a watch with a Seiko clone (?) movement inside compared to a company like Steinhart who seem to make money doing an actual 'swiss watch' (-series) pretty cheaply. Difference between building watches from parts vs. actually having factories I guess..? But isn't it this kinda stuff Archie goes off on?

    ...and/or he goes off at everything, because it's an act - I think* - though I of course can be totally mistaken about that and he might be 1-1/2 step away from a padded cell wearing a straight jacket... ;)

    (* I mean c'mon, who talks about working at a sewage plant in one sentence and Patek Philippe's in the next - act or insanity, no other choice)
    Once upon a time, I was pretty f#¤%&/ awesome.

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    336

    Re: Archie Luxury - WTF?

    Going from this study:
    How Negative Comments Can Help Boost Sales Of Watches | aBlogtoWatch

    Maybe this is the reason why TAG Heuer does so well in sales? Perhaps we should change tune and recommend Archie continue his vitriole for further TAG Heuer success?
    Wibbs likes this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •