Archie Luxury - WTF?
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Archie Luxury - WTF?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Archie Luxury - WTF?

I am new to the WUS world and just curious if anybody seen this guy on YouTube named Archie Luxury. He claims to be a luxury watch afficiado, but he trashes Tag Heuer endlessly. Does this dude have any credibilty in the world of fine watches?
    nerdz1 likes this.

Re: Archie Luxury - WTF?

I just googled that name - and watched this video of his.
    Watch Collecting - Why does Tag Heuer suck? Why I hate the brand - YouTube

then i watched his latest video... Well, the first minute of it.. well yeah, says it all in my opinion haha.
    ArchieLuxury Live on New Year's Eve 2013 - New Year's Resolutions and more! - YouTube

I watched a couple of his videos a while ago, the funniest thing I have seen in ages was his post about removing links from the bracelet on his Speedmaster. He obviously had a very bad day so it's not for sensitive ears. I'm no expert but it all seems to be based purely on status rather than credibility. I'd rather take an opinion from any enthusiast on this forum before this guy

No, he is not to be taken seriously. Go watch his video on financing a luxury watch -- at a 10% annual rate in his case, for a $20K watch! -- if you have any doubts. He is funny, though.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (311.30.42.30.01.005) * Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra >15,000 Gauss (231.10.42.21.01.002)
    Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Grande Taille (270.84.10) * TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500M ceramic (WAK2110) * Poljot OKEAH Chronograph

He joined WUS in the last month. His posts were similar to his YouTube rants. He is now gone
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

If you do a search you'll find several threads on the guy...I find him repulsive.

He was hilarious, I think he actually thinks thats how people should shop for watches and pronounce brand names, oh get a Patik Phil-ip unless your buying from Archie, then this Tag Huuer and stuff he doesn't like is perfect for you.

Don't pay any attention to him unless its for a laugh :D and then theres a limit there. He can only get so funy when you realise he thinks he is for real.
    Hope that helps,

Igor

:D :) >:) :O Smiley Addict :) :S :<) 8-)

Archie is the southern end of a north bound horse.

His opinion smells very similar to the product that comes out of that said orifice.

He has a massive opinion but doesn't have any real substance to back up that opinion other than quite a lot of swear words which obviously really ensures that his opinion is truth.
    TISSOT PRX, mikkemus23 and Gwyn like this.

See him as a webcam stand-up comedian, nothing more, haha!
    woundedtiger40 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kjse7en View Post
    See him as a webcam stand-up comedian, nothing more, haha!
    And not a very good one at that... His routine is droll. He is rich so just eccentric. If he were poor he would be called quite ill.
    smuggled_sheep likes this.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information