can somebody explain the codes for tags please? - Page 8
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: can somebody explain the codes for tags please?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Re: can somebody explain the codes for tags please?

Quote Originally Posted by nospamprl View Post
    Great post. What puzzles me is that this system seems to yield very few combinations and a single reference may apply to many different models.

For example, any F1, chrono, quartz, stainless steel, gents, with a black dial should bear the same reference number even though they may be different watches.

For me this is more like a family/subfamily indication than a unique reference number.

Just my two cents.
    The 4th number is the unique reference, so in your example you would have CAC111X, where X could be 0-9 for 10 different models.
    Seiko Kinetic Titanium | Rado R5.5 | Maurice Lacroix Pontos S | TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 7 Twin-Time | Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 300 SLR | TAG Heuer Monaco Calibre 12 ACM | TAG Heuer Calibre 1887 McLaren 1974 Edition
    ---------------------------
    Current wish list:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Geophysic True Second | TAG Heuer Monaco Gulf (CW211A) | IWC Spitfire IW3878 | TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 36 (CAR2B80)
    Absolute grail:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Duometre Spherotourbillion Moon

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat2005 View Post
    I wonder if there is any info on my chrono. The first part was decipherable thanks to the PDF posted earlier, but my number is a bit different.

CV2010 i get, but mine is CV2010-3 under that is ERQ8230, and i cannot find a thing on it.

Ideas?
    The bolded text, above, is your unique serial number and is not part of the reference.
    Seiko Kinetic Titanium | Rado R5.5 | Maurice Lacroix Pontos S | TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 7 Twin-Time | Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887 300 SLR | TAG Heuer Monaco Calibre 12 ACM | TAG Heuer Calibre 1887 McLaren 1974 Edition
    Current wish list:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Geophysic True Second | TAG Heuer Monaco Gulf (CW211A) | IWC Spitfire IW3878 | TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 36 (CAR2B80)
    Absolute grail:

Quote Originally Posted by Orange_GT3 View Post
    Indeed. V = Carrera as per the PDF posted up-thread, but 'AR' and 'AS' also seem to be used for Carrera too.

I have recently worked out that '8' represents a titanium case and '9' represents carbon matrix composite for the 3rd digit after the letters.

I can't understand the use of '0', 'A' and 'B' for the size, when they are all used for 43mm diameter watches except for the new Heuer 01 which uses 'A' and is 45mm. Where's the freaking logic people??? lol!

Otherwise, 'C' seems to be 45mm diameter.
    I can add that a '7' in the first number position, for movement, represents the electro-mechanical Calibre S.
    Current wish list:
    Absolute grail:

I've updated the PDF that was posted earlier on in this thread with the additional information in my posts. See attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mchu004 likes this.
    Current wish list:
    Absolute grail:

It posted twice for some reason so I edited this one, original reply is below
    Last edited by squisito; April 23rd, 2016 at 05:47.

Mystery of the hyphen after model number comes to an end, stumbled upon it while reading an article on the new HEUER 01 movement.

"The TAG Heuer Calibre Heuer-01 is a development of the Calibre 1887. We know that TAG Heuer has continued to evolve and improve the 1887 since it’s launch in 2010, and we’re now on the 4th generation of the Carrera 1887 (denoted by the “-4” suffix on the model reference). The key dimensions of the movement are unchanged (still 39 jewels; still 50 hours power reserve), but we do have some cosmetic changes, such as the Red column wheel, a new skeleton weight and chronograph bridge."

Here is the article for anyone interested:
    http://www.calibre11.com/first-look-2015-tag-heuer-carrera-heuer-01/
    Last edited by squisito; April 23rd, 2016 at 05:50.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread Information