Carrera Calibre 5 owners.................... - Page 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Carrera Calibre 5 owners....................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Carrera Calibre 5 owners....................

Great looking watch. I personally have the Carerra Calibre 5 on a leather band that my wife purchased for me for christmas last year. Great watches!
    Ard likes this.

T2B

I love the Carerra but that moonphase Ball is just sensational! Wow!!

Quick Q- if you don't keep a moonphase watch running or on a winder is it a real nightmare to set the time and moonphase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ard likes this.

Ard

Not if the moon phase is the only complication, I use a website called Phase of the Moon to verify a proper setting when I recalibrate the moon setting. If you have one like my old Enicar (which I regret selling) that has triple date plus moon then I kept it running so all I had to do was make a time correction when I put it back in use.

1959 Enicar 37mm actually was a rare watch...............................

I really regret the sale of that watch. I let it go to raise money for an Omega I thought I wanted more than that fantastic Enicar. The worst part of remembering the sale was that people who wanted the watch also wanted to beat me down on the price.

The watch was totally serviced and still had a six month coverage from the restoration shop and kept nearly perfect time. You can see the condition, I've looked at replacements and the only thing I can get close with is a Baume & Mercier Clifton which will cost me 2400.00 I feel really stupid for selling my Enicar for 800.00........................

The good news is that I have time graphed and regulated my new Calibre 5 and it is running like quartz and I'm happy with it. I still have my Ball Moon Phase and will probably never sell it but every time I go to Costco I see those Clifton's and remember my Enicar.

T2B

Thanks for that Ard. That Enicar was quite nice... at least you still have the memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ard likes this.

That white dial Carrera is gorgeous. I've owned the black dial model on leather strap for over a year and it's become my favorite watch. The Calibre 5 movement in mine runs will run at -2 seconds/day when worn regularly and kept crown up at night, which is far better than expected. I've had no crown or winding issues. At the AD where I bought my example I did notice that several Carrera models crowns' were slightly difficult to turn, but those examples were already wound. The AD price was also within $100 of what the grey market was asking so I consider this watch a bargain. It's nicely finished and a great all-around piece.
    Ard likes this.
    Spokey

I've had my carrera for almost 8 years. There was definitely a period where I didn't wear it because it "boring" and "too small" for my wrist. Then, I paid closer attention to some of the smaller details of the case and dial. The carrera is a great watch. Hands down the best Tag Heuer has to offer IMO.
    Ard likes this.

Ard

Hi Whiskeydevel,

I'll agree that compared to some of the other 4 watches I have the Calibre 5 is pretty mute in its appearance. I'm over that and have worn it constantly since just after new years day. I just put it on a genuine crocodile strap in black and will need a few days to figure out how I like the look. I figure a few days will break in the strap and I shouldn't notice it even there. This is the first strap I've ever had with a deployment buckle so it's all new today..........

And you too Spokey,

I enjoy the Opaline dial I think because it is just a clean watch dial. Timing wise, I had the AD loosen my case back because it was way too tight for my hand tool. He had to use a press and bar to open it and remarked that it was the first time he'd used the method for a very long time. Once it was open he replaced the O ring and graphed it making a slight adjustment. With the back loose enough for my hand wrench I was able to tweak the regulator to suit my wear pattern over a period of one week. I wore the watch every day for the past 30 days while at my cabin and it gained 3 seconds overall. The movements are capable of very fine timing!

Once I'm sure about the black croc strap I'll take a photo and post it anew.

Ard

heres my new pride and joy :)
    Name:  IMG_0918.JPG
Views: 37
Size:  2.06 MB
    wristclock and Ard like this.

Nice AR. But how does it have the yellow writing on the metal bezel design? I have one similar but with the H bracelet and it has just white text on the dial.
    Name:  tmp_25495-20160913_124227217087994.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  1.23 MB
    Ard likes this.

Ard

I don't have one of this model but I believe it's yellow on blue and white on the black dials. My aquaracer is in the same style but a 2012 quartz with the silver dial and red/green logo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information