The Carrera Club - Page 21
Like Tree2252Likes

Thread: The Carrera Club

Page 21 of 152 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Re: The Carrera Club

sick days of work mean..

more photos :p
    mitadoc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hursty View Post
    Hi all,

I was also in Cheshire Oaks a few weeks ago and saw the "outlet special". Went home and was confused to find this thread was the only hit on google for CAR2210!

Couldn't stop myself going back the following day and buying it... only I now wear it on a brown Hirsch Forest (20mm wide on 19mm lugs) with a polished Hirsch butterfly clasp to match the case, think it looks pretty good.

I think the dial's beautiful and reminiscent of the vintage carreras. Only complaint is that it's thicker than I'm used to at about 14.3mm I think, making the watch look quite tall from the sides, so I may decide to part with it in a few months to fund something else. My other watch is an Omega Dynamic Chrono which is more like 12.5mm thick which I prefer.

Attachment 492358

New member so I'm not an expert at taking photos to upload but I think that one's alright! Tell me what you think!

I've been looking at these and the blace-faced one looks MUCH better on this leather strap than the bracelet. Great piece!
    Tag Heuer Link Chronograph Calibre 16 CT2111.BA0550
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500M Quartz WAJ1111.BA0871
    Hager Commando
    Orient Ray EM65009D
    Raymond Weil Tango
    Seiko SNDA65
    Jackson Tse Luminor Sterile Homage
    Invicta 9403 Pro Diver
    Timex Vintage Manual Wind
    Kadloo Ocean Class
    Lew & Huey f71 Commander 300
    Omega Vintage Seamaster

I'm guessing this is my first post to WUS. I've read this entire thread and I'm stunned by everyone's experience and insight in this line of THs. Soon, I'll be applying for membership into the club :D

Anyway, the real reason for my contribution is this: 2011 Carrera Special Edition | Calibre 11The origin of the CAR2210 (and 11, for that matter). Perhaps this provides some truth to why it's only in the outlet and not in any catalog?

Soon, it'll be time for my big boy watch. I'm looking at the Calibre 1, though the 16 is looking more and more attractive.

Thanks

Here is my Carrera :) I have no Idea what model it is. I recently got the House Burgled and I had a 2000 Tag Chrono, White Gold Daytona on a Leather Strap, SS Daytona, Jaeger Le Coultre Reverso and a Tifany Chrono nicked. I had minimum Insurance as we had only just moved into the house.. Bummer!

Anyway I went to an Auction with the intention to buy a Tudor (Daytona) Tiger Chrono, which I purchased and I saw this little thing smiling at me! 800 euros bid and it was mine! Let me know any details and where I can find any details on the watch.
    It needs a new strap and I was thinking about the rubber option.... Thoughts and Ideas as to where you can get them please!

Ah ha its a CV2110-0

Last edited by illingworth22; September 15th, 2011 at 18:23. Reason: added detail
    hursty likes this.

Became the proud owner of this baby a few weeks ago, and as far as I know, one of the few on here with the Calibre 5, so I was compelled to contribute a photo as well :)

Sorry for the awful quality, she was also quite grimy in these pics, but I will follow up with some DSLR pics later!

Name:  rtjhmr.jpg
Views: 5017
Size:  475.8 KB

Name:  104jk00.jpg
Views: 5015
Size:  370.2 KB
    mitadoc likes this.

I have yet to see anyone local with the titanium edition carrera. All my co-workers are in love with the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by hursty View Post
    Hi all,

I was also in Cheshire Oaks a few weeks ago and saw the "outlet special". Went home and was confused to find this thread was the only hit on google for CAR2210!

Couldn't stop myself going back the following day and buying it... only I now wear it on a brown Hirsch Forest (20mm wide on 19mm lugs) with a polished Hirsch butterfly clasp to match the case, think it looks pretty good.

I think the dial's beautiful and reminiscent of the vintage carreras. Only complaint is that it's thicker than I'm used to at about 14.3mm I think, making the watch look quite tall from the sides, so I may decide to part with it in a few months to fund something else. My other watch is an Omega Dynamic Chrono which is more like 12.5mm thick which I prefer.

Attachment 492358

New member so I'm not an expert at taking photos to upload but I think that one's alright! Tell me what you think!
    hursty, I absolutely love what you did with this piece. I can't stop looking at it.
    mitadoc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Easily my fav line of Tags!

Can I get more information on the watch on the left. It is a real beauty. What year to what year were they made? is it caliber 11? What is the model number? I really love the tachymetre and subdials in white and the rest in black.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by byhsu View Post
    Can I get more information on the watch on the left. It is a real beauty. What year to what year were they made? is it caliber 11? What is the model number? I really love the tachymetre and subdials in white and the rest in black.

Thank You
    I thank you.

Its a vintage Heuer Carrera Ref#1153. Its a Calibre 12 circa 1974. The old Heuer chronos are some of the finest vintage watches to own IMO as they keep value well, are automatic and have a good size to them. Moreover the automatic chronograph for its day, micro rotor and and left side crown all make for an interesting watch. FYI the dial is a deep blue. This particular ref isn't terribly common although finding a similar Cal 12 Carrera isn't near as hard and there are a fair number of colour variations.
    Collection:

*Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic Twin Time (WV2115)
    *Hidden Content (2503.33.00)
    *Vintage 1956 Junghans Chronometer Cal. 82/1 (682.73)

*Sunnto Core Lava Red Positive Dial (SS016788000
    )
    *Casio Super Illuminator (MDV102-7a)
    *Vintage 1983 Seiko SQ (6923-7009)

*Jaeger-LeCoultre Atmos Cal 528-8 Mantle Clock

I tried the Calibre 5 on at Ben Bridge, and it was stunning. So classic, simple, and timeless... not too much going on. Also, can be found for a very great price.

Some may say it's too plain, but some of us like that it's classic. I'm considering this purchase actually very soon.

Page 21 of 152 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread Information