WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The Carrera Club

789K views 2K replies 863 participants last post by  mxxxxxm30 
#1 ·
Well, insipired by the "Monaco Club", I decided to post up a Carrera topic :)
I know there are a lot of Carrera topics out there, but the search option didnt find one distinctive "Club" topic, so here goes ....

Breaking things off with a 2007 Carrera Chronograph (CV2014)

My daily wearer, very comfy with the rubber strap :)
I also have a CV2010 bracelet for it, and also just ordered a bradystrap for a bit of change towards the summer b-)

See less See more
#772 ·
For whoever live in East Canada, if your watch is going to be sent to Toronto LVMH center, you're gonna have a bad time.

I sent for the second time in a row my 1887 for a broken chronograph, it came back in a worse condition, time and chronograph doesn't keep time a all, I don't mean seconds per day, I mean second per minute !!

Lots a abnormal behavior, like the chronograph stop completely, or when I change the time and turn the knob a few times, it isn't smooth.

#776 ·
i got a feeling that the good old 7750 tags will go up in value. but hey that's what you get a when a fashion company tries to make its own watch movement (not that 1887 is really tag's own design). it's a fiasco, i've been hearing this way too often about 1886. it's a half baked effort. they should have stayed with ETA.

#773 ·
I had a similar problem with the chrono, it would stop at 58 seconds of the first minute. Gave it to a local watchmaker who returned it still non-functional and then fixed it the second time around. It was out of warranty but at least I didn't have to send it away for many weeks or months as would be the case when sending it to Melbourne to TAG.

does your chrono stop at random or also at the end of the first minute (i.e. a problem with the cogs that turn over the minute hands of the chrono).

#774 ·
My issue is different. Chronograph AND time is stopping for no reason. proof : Tag Heuer Carrera 1887 broken - YouTube

You can see that the left dial for the seconds is stopped. The knob is not pulled out. I just push the button and it starts back... a second time for the chronograph.

Do I need to mention that the second hand is not aligned to zero, or that there is round shaped marks inside the glass ? ...

#784 · (Edited)
I've been a lurker here since God knows when. After years of working hard I finally got my First Carrera today. Carrera 1887 - 43mm Ceramic Bezel - Anthracite. I was torn between the black and the anthracite dial. But most of my watches have black dials already (F1, Oris Aquis, Luminox, etc.) so I gave the anthracite a go. The anthracite dial does stand out on a well lit room or in the outdoors specially when the sun's ray hits on it. Different angles have different shades so it contributes to its dynamic effect.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

#786 ·
I've been a lurker here since God knows when. After years of working hard I finally got my First Carrera today. Carrera 1887 - 43mm Ceramic Bezel - Anthracite. I was torn between the black and the anthracite dial. But most of my watches have black dials already (F1, Oris Aquis, Luminox, etc.) so I gave the anthracite a go. The anthracite dial does stand out on a well lit room or in the outdoors specially when the sun's ray hits on it. Different angles have different shades so it contributes to its dynamic effect.

View attachment 1300354
Very nice!

#791 ·
I may be getting a Carrera 300 SLR Limited Edition crono with the 1887 as a service award from work. I was wondering how hard would it be to flip this thing in a fast sale for around $3000, brand new never worn with papers? Tag Heuer Carrera 300 SLR Chronograph Mens Wristwatch Model: CAR2112.FC6267

I'd love to flip this watch for the money and then use my employee discount to step up to one of the new Carreras with the calibre 36 in it.... Mmmmmm What do you guys think?

#792 ·
I may be getting a Carrera 300 SLR Limited Edition crono with the 1887 as a service award from work. I was wondering how hard would it be to flip this thing in a fast sale for around $3000, brand new never worn with papers? Tag Heuer Carrera 300 SLR Chronograph Mens Wristwatch Model: CAR2112.FC6267

I'd love to flip this watch for the money and then use my employee discount to step up to one of the new Carreras with the calibre 36 in it.... Mmmmmm What do you guys think?
While thats an attractive price for this watch (retail $5700???) the big concern is that to me the watch has a love/hate reaction becuase of the color combo itself excludes alot of buyers. These watches arent rare and are available without much searching. On the positive side, I would assume full warranty and the nearly 50% off retail.

Why is it that this particular model was chosen for you?

#801 ·
#804 ·
It seems like my carrera calibre 5 is losing about 4 seconds a day and gains 2 seconds overnight. It is normal? Should I get it regulated?

#805 ·
Im not a pro when it comes to mechanical movements, But I would guess that the results you are seeing have to do with the position your wrist spends most of the day in, and the position that you lay your watch to rest overnight. So are you saying that within a 24 hour period you are only loosing 2 seconds per day? Normaly when regulating youd preffer a watch to run fast instead of slow, but anying under +/- 1 minute per week for a mechanical movement is usually regarded as pretty decent...

#810 ·
Hmm when wearing during day for about 12 hours, it loses about 4 secs. I will leave it on my table with the dial up for about 12 hours as well and it gains 2 secs. Thanks man, I think don't have to get it regulated then!

#813 ·
those newer Carrera models (applied logo onwards) look so much more blingy than the older models, they almost look like the sometimes over-the-top fakes to me.

I must say that I like older models much more for that same reason. Will be selling my CV2011 nonetheless, have fallen out of love with what I thought to be the best looking watch many years ago.

#814 ·
those newer Carrera models (applied logo onwards) look so much more blingy than the older models, they almost look like the sometimes over-the-top fakes to me.

I must say that I like older models much more for that same reason. Will be selling my CV2011 nonetheless, have fallen out of love with what I thought to be the best looking watch many years ago.
I agree - my cv2010 is still my favorite in the range