WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The Carrera Club

789K views 2K replies 863 participants last post by  mxxxxxm30 
#1 ·
Well, insipired by the "Monaco Club", I decided to post up a Carrera topic :)
I know there are a lot of Carrera topics out there, but the search option didnt find one distinctive "Club" topic, so here goes ....

Breaking things off with a 2007 Carrera Chronograph (CV2014)

My daily wearer, very comfy with the rubber strap :)
I also have a CV2010 bracelet for it, and also just ordered a bradystrap for a bit of change towards the summer b-)

See less See more
#925 ·
well today i couldnt help myself and had to get this beauty. thats 2 carreras in 1 month, got a ban for buying watches for the rest of the year by the mistress...

#928 ·
Hey everyone!

First time posting here, found this site recently and it's really been catching my interest! So much to learn about the watch world, it's great!

I just recently received a gift from my parents, my first Grand Carrera (Second Tag Heuer though) and wanted to learn more about it from you guys!

I wanted to know more about it... how good of a watch do I have here? how old is it? Is Calibre 8 good? I'm not completely new to the world of watches... I have an everyday Tissot, Formula 1 Tag, and my favorite Omega Seamaster 007 Edition from 2006 (Love this one)

I wanted some more insight on this piece and see what everyone thought about it. I haven't received it yet, my parents just sent me a few pictures of it since I'm away at school right now in NY... it was a 22nd B-day/early college graduation present... I had originally been eyeing the regular Carrera sport... so this was a really nice surprise. I like the Grand Carrera a lot more then the regular!

It has a brown face, with brown leather strap and also came with a metal band.

Let me know what you guys think and tell me a little more about this watch! I'm excited to learn.

I posted my own thread few days ago but not many responded so i'm trying in here!

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#929 ·
Hi Nathan,

Thanks for joining in and for sharing your story, passion and photos. Well, I am a bit biased, needless to say, but your parents had very good taste. What a nice piece they got you. Congratulations. Enjoy the forum!

#932 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! I have just purchased a Heuer Carrera Re-Edition from 2001 so I hope I qualify for the club! I bought it from a boutique in London, it came with it's original box, outer box, all paper work including the original international warranty card confirming that it was first sold in Germany in 2001. It also has 2 service receipts from Tag Heuer the last one being in 2012. It's original strap is long gone but it is currently fitted with a Hirsch Leather strap with White stitching which suits it perfectly, luckily it still has the Heuer Buckle!

Attachments

#934 ·
Very nice option ! More than qualified and very welcome. Thanks for posting, enjoy the classic Heuer and the forum !

#933 ·
I know i wrote the misses said no more watches this year but i had such a good month she agreed to this one when she saw it in the AD display. So here is my new Jack Heuer Carrera 50th Anniversary bullhead:

#977 ·
amazing watch..does it feel bulky on your wrist? did you think of getting the JH80 instead of this at anytime?

Reactions: sickened1
#941 ·

Hello! Apologies for the not so great pic, but this is my Carrera Chronograph 1887 - absolutely love it, BUT, this one has now been replaced for a new one due to the AR coating randomly rubbing off. The worst part of this is that my second 1887 is back at TAG as the AR coating has started to come off that one too. I'm pretty new to this forum but if anyone can point me to any info of other cases then I'd be interested in seeing them!

I really don't want to have to exchange for another style as I love the new fascia compared to Cal 16, so I'm just going to have to sit this one out and wait for TAG's report!

#942 ·
Does any one know if the Heuer Carrera automatic Re-editions from 2000-2002 have Heuer signed Rotors on the movement or are they signed TAG Heuer? Or are they even blank? I know the movement itself is an ETA-2824-2 or a similar variant.
I'm just curious as every part of the watch externally says Heuer. The dial, crown, case back, heck even the box it came in! Did TAG take this level of detail internally too?

Any answers or thoughts would be really appreciated