WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The Carrera Club

789K views 2K replies 863 participants last post by  mxxxxxm30 
#1 ·
Well, insipired by the "Monaco Club", I decided to post up a Carrera topic :)
I know there are a lot of Carrera topics out there, but the search option didnt find one distinctive "Club" topic, so here goes ....

Breaking things off with a 2007 Carrera Chronograph (CV2014)

My daily wearer, very comfy with the rubber strap :)
I also have a CV2010 bracelet for it, and also just ordered a bradystrap for a bit of change towards the summer b-)

See less See more
#1,022 ·
Hey, new guy here and recently joined the Carrera club. Here is a pic of my CAR2013.BA0799 1887 Chronograph. I saw this watch while in Grand Cayman and it just had "Take me home" all over it. The rose gold is what really spoke to me. For our ten year anniversary we had new rose gold rings designed and this watch just seemed to go great with the ring I got made. that was about a year ago, but I bought this watch a couple weeks ago.

#1,027 ·
I am new to the forum and wanted to post a photo of my Carrera CV2010 just back from a full service. Along with the full service I had the bezel replaced. It had a few dings acquired through the years. She is looking shiny and new again :)

View attachment 1649026
looks great. I need to send mine in. How much and how long did it take?

#1,042 ·
Having owned three Omega Aqua Terras, I was on the verge of picking up my fourth, but ran across a TAG that really got my attention. So I recently picked up a new 39mm Carrera with opaline silver dial. The matte silver dial is a thing of beauty, complemented by the applied markers, logo and date window. The polished case is well finished. The embossed crown and domed crystal (with double AR treatment) are nice quality touches. The bracelet is much better than earlier TAGs I have owned, including two Aquaracers. While the pin-and-collar adjustment is a pita even compared to the earlier Omegas - and thus inferior to Omega's much-improved screw-and-pin system - the bracelet is, in all other respects, equal in quality to the AT 8500s I have owned. And, to me, the clasp is somewhat better than the AT ... I always thought Omega unnecessarily cheapened the clasp on the AT 8500 bracelet over that on the AT 2500. This Carrera clasp has well-finished and sculpted tines (very wrist-friendly), with a foldover push-button deployant featuring a very nice applied logo.

The 39mm diameter is perfect for me in a casual watch. The shorter 47.5 OAL and curved lugs help the case drape naturally over the wrist. The lume is a tad Spartan, but the hours and minutes hands glow most of the night, so I can at least tell the time should I get up when it is dark. The overall fit and finish is quite nice, and I am quite pleased with this latest TAG Heuer in my collection.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Product Fashion accessory Metal Jewellery Vehicle
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Metal Strap
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal
Analog watch Bracelet Fashion accessory Watch Metal
Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Jewellery Bracelet
Watch Analog watch Wrist Turquoise Blue

#1,047 ·
Just received my 5th Carrera. LE Monaco Grand Prix, cal 1887, titanium. Did not like the rubber tyre strap this came with so I got the soft-touch leather strap with red stitching that the regular line titanium watch comes with. My new favorite!
View attachment 1852682
WOW! What a beautiful variant of the Carrera Monaco Grands Prix collection! I have the 1st edition of the Carrera Monaco Grands Prix limited edition! Congratulations on your beautiful purchase! Wear it in good health! :)

#1,049 ·
Just recently got a Carrera 1887 for my birthday and while I absolutely love the watch I kinda regret going with Tag over an Omega like I originally planned. The coating on the crystal is wearing off on the edges of the glass and I think there is something wrong with the movement. I have timed how much it is off and at first it was around 4 seconds off per day and now it is 7.77 off per day (fast). The Link Calibre 16 I have needed the movement replaced two months out of warranty and my 6000 series also needed service on its movement back when I wore that. The 6000 was fixed under warranty so no foul there except for time but the Link I had to pay for. Told myself the Link would be my last Tag but I just love the Carrera and figured the new 1887 movement would be a good one to own. Going to have to send it in for service now and I live very close to a service center but I can't even drop off.