WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The Carrera Club

789K views 2K replies 863 participants last post by  mxxxxxm30 
#1 ·
Well, insipired by the "Monaco Club", I decided to post up a Carrera topic :)
I know there are a lot of Carrera topics out there, but the search option didnt find one distinctive "Club" topic, so here goes ....

Breaking things off with a 2007 Carrera Chronograph (CV2014)

My daily wearer, very comfy with the rubber strap :)
I also have a CV2010 bracelet for it, and also just ordered a bradystrap for a bit of change towards the summer b-)

See less See more
#1,194 ·
I picked up the Carrera Day Date a year ago and from there I was hooked. So I then saw the Calibre 7 Twin Time and had to have!!

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

#1,206 ·
Hello everyone i'm new to the forum and I just bought this Carrera Calibre 5 a couple weeks ago! loving it so far!

I already asked this in a separate topic but maybe here i get more feedback, I read somewhere that if the watch stops, you can manually wind it by turning the crown clockwise som 15/20 times, do you do this? do you recommend it?
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap

Thank you

#1,207 ·
I read somewhere that if the watch stops, you can manually wind it by turning the crown clockwise som 15/20 times, do you do this? do you recommend it?
I do this with my Calibre 7 Twin-Time. It's in the TAG manual, it's in the ETA manual for the movement and the TAG salesman told me about it. It's safe to do. Just check your manual to make sure your movement supports this function (I expect it does).

#1,209 ·
=Yes if the watch is stopped you may want to wind 30 or more times to achieve a full power reserve. The watch has a mechanism that wont allow you to overwind it. I make a habit of winding my mechanicals once a month to keep things from binding up.

#1,211 ·
Welcome aboard. I tried that very model on yesterday in my local boutique, but it didn't really speak to me. Looks spot on for your wrist size though.

#1,213 ·
Love it, great choice.

#1,218 ·
Evening gents .... First time poster, recent lurker, likely Carrera owner (soon) who needs some advice regarding the Carrera Calibre 5 automatic 39mm. I figure it's time for me to upgrade from a Tissot Visodate and the Calibre 5 has caught my eye, but I really cannot decide between the black and the anthracite. I'm wondering if any owners out there can tell me why the went one way or the other.

Looking to purchase next week and at the moment I'm leaning towards the anthracite despite my better half pushing me towards the black.

Cheers
RRP

#1,219 · (Edited)
Evening gents .... First time poster, recent lurker, likely Carrera owner (soon) who needs some advice regarding the Carrera Calibre 5 automatic 39mm. I figure it's time for me to upgrade from a Tissot Visodate and the Calibre 5 has caught my eye, but I really cannot decide between the black and the anthracite. I'm wondering if any owners out there can tell me why the went one way or the other.

Looking to purchase next week and at the moment I'm leaning towards the anthracite despite my better half pushing me towards the black.

Cheers
RRP
I went black for Calibre 7 Twin-Time because the clarity of the GMT against the black was far superior. That's quite a specific reason for that watch though and doesn't apply to the 3 handed Calibre 5. The anthracite looks good so it's probably just which colour you feel better about. Have you been to an AD to try them and take photos on your wrist?

#1,232 ·
So I took the plunge and opted for the anthracite Carrera Calibre 5 (sorry that the photos are sideways, couldn't get them the correct way up). It's a great watch, fits fantastically and the bracelet is comfortable. I went for the grey over the black feels a bit different (in my humble opinion). I'm very a happy guy, so thanks for all the input / advice over the last few days.

I'm very much a fan of Carreras. Which one to plan for next? ;)

Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Jewellery
Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Analog watch Jewellery

#1,233 ·
So I took the plunge and opted for the anthracite Carrera Calibre 5 (sorry that the photos are sideways, couldn't get them the correct way up). It's a great watch, fits fantastically and the bracelet is comfortable. I went for the grey over the black feels a bit different (in my humble opinion). I'm very a happy guy, so thanks for all the input / advice over the last few days.

I'm very much a fan of Carreras. Which one to plan for next? ;)
Congratulations. Now you just need to find yourself a brown leather strap to give you two watches in one ;).

If the price of a TAG strap and clasp is too steep, take a look at Watch Strap World (in the UK), they make lots of replica/alternative TAG straps and clasps.

Reactions: RRP
#1,236 ·
Welcome.

It really depends on whether you need/want the second time zone function. Apart from this, both models are very similar with the Calibre 5 offering more choice of dial colours and bracelet/bezel finishes and materials.

#1,241 ·
I would say go with the looks. Setting the time on a Carrera is not all that hard !

#1,245 ·
Very, very nice. Good decision too, since it seems they might be discontinued next year.

#1,249 ·
yeah yeah… you can get by… :-d

Beautiful watch! Congrats