WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The Carrera Club

789K views 2K replies 863 participants last post by  mxxxxxm30 
#1 ·
Well, insipired by the "Monaco Club", I decided to post up a Carrera topic :)
I know there are a lot of Carrera topics out there, but the search option didnt find one distinctive "Club" topic, so here goes ....

Breaking things off with a 2007 Carrera Chronograph (CV2014)

My daily wearer, very comfy with the rubber strap :)
I also have a CV2010 bracelet for it, and also just ordered a bradystrap for a bit of change towards the summer b-)

See less See more
#1,255 ·
Reactions: Percy555
#1,256 ·
Hi everyone, seen some nice Carreras on here, I've just recently bought mine CAR2a11 Stainless Steel and leather just to mix it up.
really happy with it and the best looking watch in my price band by far.

I have however noticed when I activate the chrono the hand sweeps around, kind of in an expected manner, but at some points ie. 25-30 secs it seems to stutter a bit and then at 55-60 secs mark seems to flow very smoothly almost too smoothly. I have taken a slow motion video of this and there is a definite change in tempo. I know the cal 1887 is not a certified chrono but is this normal and am I just knit picking. I can upload the vid to YouTube if interested.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap

Attachments

#1,261 ·
Hi everyone, seen some nice Carreras on here, I've just recently bought mine CAR2a11 Stainless Steel and leather just to mix it up.
really happy with it and the best looking watch in my price band by far.

I have however noticed when I activate the chrono the hand sweeps around, kind of in an expected manner, but at some points ie. 25-30 secs it seems to stutter a bit and then at 55-60 secs mark seems to flow very smoothly almost too smoothly. I have taken a slow motion video of this and there is a definite change in tempo. I know the cal 1887 is not a certified chrono but is this normal and am I just knit picking. I can upload the vid to YouTube if interested.
View attachment 6652306
Looks like the sub seconds may be running at a different rate?
(Although this could be the slow motion throwing me off???)

If you just got this new, I wouldn't bother trying to troubleshoot further and I'd suggest you take it back the AD and get their opinion and exercise your warranty if necessary.

So many watches, so little time...

#1,258 ·
New to the collection....Heuer Carrera WS2112. I'm not use to the smaller size compared to my sub and speedmaster but it's a nice change.....

Attachments

#1,260 ·
If you're used to Rolex, this is the size of the original Datejust. 36mm. The size of the classic 1964 Carrera. VERY CLASSY watch, if you ask me!

#1,264 ·
Which model is it? Photos please?

#1,267 ·
I see you went for the Hublot, oops I mean the Heuer 01.... How are you finding the size at 45mm?

#1,268 ·
Rekt That's the link said:
I've managed to find out what is going on with the chrono in a gem of a review, it is called chronometer stutter, and seems to afflict chronos that are cam actuated vs vertical clutch integrated chronos. (My terms are most likely incorrect)
I'm happier now that I know it's not a problem but just cause and
effect

escapementmagazine.com/articles/tag-heuer-carrera-calibre-ch-80-chronograph-an-in-depth-watch-review-by-escapement.html/

#1,270 ·
Rekt That's the link said:
I've managed to find out what is going on with the chrono in a gem of a review, it is called chronometer stutter, and seems to afflict chronos that are cam actuated vs vertical clutch integrated chronos. (My terms are most likely incorrect)
I'm happier now that I know it's not a problem but just cause and
effect

escapementmagazine.com/articles/tag-heuer-carrera-calibre-ch-80-chronograph-an-in-depth-watch-review-by-escapement.html/

#1,281 ·
Lucky son :).

Reactions: daddyKC