WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The Carrera Club

789K views 2K replies 863 participants last post by  mxxxxxm30 
#1 ·
Well, insipired by the "Monaco Club", I decided to post up a Carrera topic :)
I know there are a lot of Carrera topics out there, but the search option didnt find one distinctive "Club" topic, so here goes ....

Breaking things off with a 2007 Carrera Chronograph (CV2014)

My daily wearer, very comfy with the rubber strap :)
I also have a CV2010 bracelet for it, and also just ordered a bradystrap for a bit of change towards the summer b-)

See less See more
#1,359 ·
Here is my latest entry to the Carrera Club:

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

I'm very pleased to have added this one to my collection.

#1,361 ·
Having turned thirty last year I treated myself to a stunning carerra. Having lost the appetite for chronographs and black or white faces, this beauty caught my eye. This watch contradicts it's simplicity with minute details like the blue flange, the star burst dial, the radial second hand, and somewhat glass box case. A pleasure to wear and always catches people's eyes and a Compliment every now and then.

Attachments

#1,368 ·
My first TAG and my first Carrera. Had to get a Chrono.....I was between this one and one of the cal.1887 watches, but the day-date function of the calibre 16 is very useful to me. Love the 43mm case and I love the build of the watch! ref.CV2A1R.BA0799 (P.S. thinking of getting some rally straps, and possibly the leather strap that comes on the other variant)
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Reactions: Ard
#1,371 ·
My first TAG and my first Carrera. Had to get a Chrono.....I was between this one and one of the cal.1887 watches, but the day-date function of the calibre 16 is very useful to me. Love the 43mm case and I love the build of the watch! ref.CV2A1R.BA0799 (P.S. thinking of getting some rally straps, and possibly the leather strap that comes on the other variant)
View attachment 9072898
View attachment 9072914
View attachment 9072906
Love the detail in this watch. Mines arrives tomorrow!

#1,373 ·
They are different movements. The Calibre 16 is a variant of the Valjoux 7750 and is definitely the older movement.

The Calibre 1887 was introduced in 2010 and is an in-house movement, albeit one that is based on a rather excellent Seiko design.

The 1887 is nicer and also not always more expensive. certain heritage styled Calibre 16s are more expensive than thee 1887 equivalents. Go figure!

#1,376 ·
My second Carrera amd third Tag overall

Snap. It's such a clear design. So easy to read the second time zone yet not cluttered.

#1,379 ·
That 2447T is a jawdropper!

Reactions: QWatchQ
#1,383 ·
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

It took me a while, but I finally got hold of my Carrera Heuer 01, and I love it. I tried it one several times before purchasing, I kept getting worried that it was too big, but it fits my wrist perfectly (7"). I think the rubber strap looks so much better than the bracelet as well, not least because it blends to the lugs so there's no step, this also helps with the large size of the watch too.