The Carrera Club - Page 42
Like Tree2252Likes

Thread: The Carrera Club

Page 42 of 152 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Re: The Carrera Club

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Proud View Post
    I would say one is better but apart from the design aspect, the Link has a few more features like higher water resistance probably due to the screw in crown. The Link is more elegant while the Carrera is aimed at sport audience.
    Just curious which you would say is better and why.
    Is it just a styling question between the two, (one aimed to sporty look, and the other aimed for the elegant look)? One reason I ask is seeing a Carrera pictured on here that was a Calibre 16 Day/Date and the styling looks almost the same as a Link Calibre 16 Day/Date. I own a Link, but some of the Carreras I have seen pictured on here have me wanting one of those as well.
    Anyway...I was just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernoOrangeSS View Post
    Just curious which you would say is better and why.
    Is it just a styling question between the two, (one aimed to sporty look, and the other aimed for the elegant look)? One reason I ask is seeing a Carrera pictured on here that was a Calibre 16 Day/Date and the styling looks almost the same as a Link Calibre 16 Day/Date. I own a Link, but some of the Carreras I have seen pictured on here have me wanting one of those as well.
    Anyway...I was just curious.
    I made a type-o in my previous post. It should have read: "I wouldn't say one is better".

To me the Link are more comfortable to wear due to the shorter lugs. The Carrera temds to have long, straight lugs and sits high and extends out. You will find that the 43mm day/date seems larger than other 43mm watches and definitely wears larger than the Link.

Quote Originally Posted by JES1 View Post
    Hi guys! New user here, although I've been lurking a bit on the forum in the past. Just bought myself the "outlet-Tag" a few weeks ago, the Carrera "Special Edition" covered in depth by Calibre11.com here.

My first Carrera, bought on impulse, but certainly not my last. Very happy so far, both in terms of looks and time-keeping.
    Attachment 759845

Thats a good looking watch but I like the white one with blue hands better

Quote Originally Posted by PrasadD View Post
    Thats a good looking watch but I like the white one with blue hands better
    Thanks! I agree, the white dial one is a beauty too. It was a tough choice. Should have just bought them both... :)
    Btw, just put on a leather strap, and I have to say I think it looks even better now.
    Name:  carr1.jpg
Views: 2326
Size:  181.4 KB
    Name:  carr2.jpg
Views: 2317
Size:  163.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Proud View Post
    I made a type-o in my previous post. It should have read: "I wouldn't say one is better".

To me the Link are more comfortable to wear due to the shorter lugs. The Carrera temds to have long, straight lugs and sits high and extends out. You will find that the 43mm day/date seems larger than other 43mm watches and definitely wears larger than the Link.
    I got you. Thank you for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by JES1 View Post
    Btw, just put on a leather strap, and I have to say I think it looks even better now.
    Name:  carr1.jpg
Views: 2326
Size:  181.4 KB
    Name:  carr2.jpg
Views: 2317
Size:  163.7 KB

It sure does :)

hello

this is the white dial version, with custom black crocbelly blue lining from Tedsu..

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...201207150.jpg/
    Last edited by #1TAG; July 15th, 2012 at 14:05.

hello.. i am new to this forum and i am interested with carrera 16. Before i decided to buy this watch, there are still a few Question that bothers me. Are all models of Carrera 16 have clear sapphire back case? Or is there any special edition of carrera 16? And what is the significant characteristic of this watch that i can see if it is genuine or not? I am very afraid of end up with buying a fake watch.. Could somebody who expert with carrera 16 explain? sorry for my bad english.. I am from Malaysia.. thank you very much! :)
    Last edited by wakjo; July 15th, 2012 at 20:52.

Quote Originally Posted by wakjo View Post
    hello.. i am new to this forum and i am interested with carrera 16. Before i decided to buy this watch, there are still a few Question that bothers me. Are all models of Carrera 16 have clear sapphire back case? Or is there any special edition of carrera 16? And what is the significant characteristic of this watch that i can see if it is genuine or not? I am very afraid of end up with buying a fake watch.. Could somebody who expert with carrera 16 explain? sorry for my bad english.. I am from Malaysia.. thank you very much! :)
    Visit and buy from an authorized TAG dealer to ensure getting an authentic watch.

I have the Carrera Calibre 16 Day/Date Automatic. Does any one else notice the day of the week change at around 11:35pm and the date changing properly at 12? Mine does this and I was just curious. Nothing major. Just wondering.
    Last edited by Semp1; July 17th, 2012 at 18:18.

Page 42 of 152 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Thread Information