The Carrera Club - Page 46
Like Tree2237Likes

Thread: The Carrera Club

Page 46 of 150 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 96 146 ... LastLast

Re: The Carrera Club

Quote Originally Posted by Time Collector View Post
    I will play, I also love this model I call it "BROWN SUGAR" Attachment 803890
    That's one good looking Carrera! Thanks for sharing!

That brown with the orange hands is really good looking!

Banned

very nice classic Carrera Chrono, like it a lot! :)

My new baby :)

Name:  bild.JPG
Views: 2152
Size:  94.8 KB
    enricodepaoli and fdm79 like this.

Thanks BMWRINO, I brought this one month before they came out from a Tag sales rep.
    Last edited by Time Collector; August 28th, 2012 at 18:10.

Hi! New tag owner here.

Really wanted a Breitling navi 01 LE but saving for a house at the moment so the navi will have to be on hold for now.
    While shopping yesterday with the missus I did some general browsing outside the AD shop window(as you do) and came across this beautiful Carrera Heritage all blue cal.16. Went in to try it on still not intending to buy but once it was on it wasn't coming off. Got 17% off the RRP on a 12 months interest free finance which was good enough deal for me to purchase there and then.
    I must admit my love for the Carrera(chrono in particular) have somewhat faded through the years because of the very high number of times I have seen it around. Don't get me wrong it's always been a lovely watch but it's like a beautiful song you hear for the first time. You hear it a few times, great! But after the 1000th time you've heard it on the radio over a short period, it does drive you crazy and you begin to - dont want to say "hate" but maybe hear it less or not at all for a while.
    This Heritage however is a lot less "played" and simple compared to others in the Carrera range which is what I like about it.
    I have the white dial/blue dials and gaitor blue strap which may look "too much" for some but in person the blue is not as blue as the pictures make it out to be. It's more very deep turquoise/navy and in some lighting almost black.
    Only one day old but loving the look and simplicity of it all right now!

One question i have is...
    I like the look of the stopwatch/second hand going round so i leave it to go round but are there any negatives i.e. faster mechanical wear by doing this?

here's a few pics of the heritage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

enricodepaoli and audz95 like this.

very nice collection !

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstah View Post
    Hi! New tag owner here.

Really wanted a Breitling navi 01 LE but saving for a house at the moment so the navi will have to be on hold for now.
    While shopping yesterday with the missus I did some general browsing outside the AD shop window(as you do) and came across this beautiful Carrera Heritage all blue cal.16. Went in to try it on still not intending to buy but once it was on it wasn't coming off. Got 17% off the RRP on a 12 months interest free finance which was good enough deal for me to purchase there and then.
    I must admit my love for the Carrera(chrono in particular) have somewhat faded through the years because of the very high number of times I have seen it around. Don't get me wrong it's always been a lovely watch but it's like a beautiful song you hear for the first time. You hear it a few times, great! But after the 1000th time you've heard it on the radio over a short period, it does drive you crazy and you begin to - dont want to say "hate" but maybe hear it less or not at all for a while.
    This Heritage however is a lot less "played" and simple compared to others in the Carrera range which is what I like about it.
    I have the white dial/blue dials and gaitor blue strap which may look "too much" for some but in person the blue is not as blue as the pictures make it out to be. It's more very deep turquoise/navy and in some lighting almost black.
    Only one day old but loving the look and simplicity of it all right now!

One question i have is...
    I like the look of the stopwatch/second hand going round so i leave it to go round but are there any negatives i.e. faster mechanical wear by doing this?

here's a few pics of the heritage

Hey Chopstah...

What a very good taste hehe...

I'm VERY suspicious to compliment your watch since I have exactly the same one but with stainless steel bracelet. Mine is 1 month old...

The funny thing is that until I bought it, it wasn't my dream's watch. However, I got really impressed with it. I kind of migrated to the IWC group :) since I bought a Portuguese Chronograph IW371446 last monday (27/08). By all means, I like the IWC better but still, I really have a huge place in my heart for my beloved Heritage !

Some pictures of them :)
    Big doubt about my future first IWC

Some people at the IWC threads had a bit of prejudice against my Heritage when I posted pics with both watches together but I really defended the TAG !

Congratulations ! Enjoy this peace of nice work !
    Last edited by fdm79; August 30th, 2012 at 20:11.

Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic (Black/Blue) 116710BLNR

IWC Portuguese Chronograph IW371446
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 41mm Ceramic (Blue) 212.30.41.20.03.001
    Bell & Ross Vintage WW1-92 Military
    Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Heritage Automatic Chronograph CAS 2111.BA0730
    Maurice Lacroix Les Classiques Chronographe Day/Date/Month LC1008-SS001-130

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by fdm79 View Post
    Hey Chopstah...

What a very good taste hehe...

I'm VERY suspicious to compliment your watch since I have exactly the same one but with stainless steel bracelet. Mine is 1 month old...

The funny thing is that until I bought it, it wasn't my dream's watch. However, I got really impressed with it. I kind of migrated to the IWC group :) since I bought a Portuguese Chronograph IW371446 last monday (27/08). By all means, I like the IWC better but still, I really have a huge place in my heart for my beloved Heritage !

Some pictures of them :)
    Big doubt about my future first IWC

Some people at the IWC threads had a bit of prejudice against my Heritage when I posted pics with both watches together but I really defended the TAG !

Congratulations ! Enjoy this peace of nice work !
    Hi fdm

Funny enough I was reading that thread earlier today lol. Lovely iwc btw.
    Yeh i know what you mean. The Heritage is a quality time piece and is more than adequate for any occasion but my dream watch at the moment is the navi 01 LE.
    I didnt buy the Heritage as an "it'll do for now" watch otherwise i would have got a casio - no offence to casio. I'll be keeping this for a long time with plenty of usage. One day, like you, i'll buy my dream watch but i'm going enjoy this lovely piece now.

Good for you Chopstah.

Hopefully this day won't take very long :) ! I was planning to get the IWC maybe in November but I couldn't avoid ! It was stronger than me hehe...

Any model of the Navitimer is a must for me as well ! Maybe not the top 5 in my list let's say, but my list is VERY long anyway ! Dang hobbie !! Should collect coarkes and not watches... Would be far cheaper ;)

However, my big point, and maybe I don't think I've made myself more clear when I tried to explain my opinion regarding TAG/IWC/whatever more expensive brand

Believe it or not, after owning the Carrera Heritage after a while, the feeling of touching, handling, wearing the IWC wasn't that absurd difference anymore... I'm not talking about the superior prestige and maybe quality and this is something that I'm no expert to judge but still strongly believe that the IWC has as a matter of fact, superior quality than Tag in general. I am only talking about the watch itself when you handle and use both !

I posted very proudly by the way, pictures of my Heritage and the Portuguese together because I think they are amazing pieces !

I hope in the future, we'll see pics of your heritage and the future Navitimer together and hopefully your love for the Tag won't decrease when you get the more refined machine.

Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic (Black/Blue) 116710BLNR

IWC Portuguese Chronograph IW371446
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 41mm Ceramic (Blue) 212.30.41.20.03.001
    Bell & Ross Vintage WW1-92 Military
    Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Heritage Automatic Chronograph CAS 2111.BA0730
    Maurice Lacroix Les Classiques Chronographe Day/Date/Month LC1008-SS001-130

Hidden Content

Page 46 of 150 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 96 146 ... LastLast

Thread Information