The Carrera Club - Page 48
Like Tree2237Likes

Thread: The Carrera Club

Page 48 of 150 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Re: The Carrera Club

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstah View Post
    Hi! New tag owner here.

Really wanted a Breitling navi 01 LE but saving for a house at the moment so the navi will have to be on hold for now.
    While shopping yesterday with the missus I did some general browsing outside the AD shop window(as you do) and came across this beautiful Carrera Heritage all blue cal.16. Went in to try it on still not intending to buy but once it was on it wasn't coming off. Got 17% off the RRP on a 12 months interest free finance which was good enough deal for me to purchase there and then.
    I must admit my love for the Carrera(chrono in particular) have somewhat faded through the years because of the very high number of times I have seen it around. Don't get me wrong it's always been a lovely watch but it's like a beautiful song you hear for the first time. You hear it a few times, great! But after the 1000th time you've heard it on the radio over a short period, it does drive you crazy and you begin to - dont want to say "hate" but maybe hear it less or not at all for a while.
    This Heritage however is a lot less "played" and simple compared to others in the Carrera range which is what I like about it.
    I have the white dial/blue dials and gaitor blue strap which may look "too much" for some but in person the blue is not as blue as the pictures make it out to be. It's more very deep turquoise/navy and in some lighting almost black.
    Only one day old but loving the look and simplicity of it all right now!

One question i have is...
    I like the look of the stopwatch/second hand going round so i leave it to go round but are there any negatives i.e. faster mechanical wear by doing this?

here's a few pics of the heritage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lovely watch! I am torn between this and the 1887 43mm rose gold with tan starp. I love the classic clena look of these new Carreras as think they look less sporty and more luxury looking if that makes sense? I don't normally like gold on anything that I wear but I think it works well on the 43mm with the silver dial and tan strap. It doesn't stand out too much! However I do like this blue eritage 16 as well! Although with a blue Monaco maybe I should go for the rose gold 43mm for some variety! Decisions, decisions!!

Some more pics of my Carrera Heritage Calibre 6

Name:  taghcarrera1.jpg
Views: 2753
Size:  128.1 KB

Name:  taghcarrera2.jpg
Views: 2944
Size:  105.4 KB
    "Alterum Alterius Auxilio Eget"
    -Each Needs the Help of the Other-

TAG Heuer Carrera Heritage Calibre 6
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Citizen Nighthawk

Picture Re: The Carrera Club

Mine, just received today:
    Name:  IMG_0842.jpg
Views: 3186
Size:  138.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_0843.jpg
Views: 2845
Size:  107.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_0846.jpg
Views: 3143
Size:  128.5 KB
    Follow me on Instagram at: Hidden Content
    Current rotation:
    Omega Speedmaster "First Omega in Space", Omega Seamaster Diver 300M, Nomos Orion Neomatik, TAG Heuer Carrera Fangio LE

Gone: Rolex Sea-Dweller 4000, Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Duoface, Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial, Nomos Orion, Rolex Submariner 114060, Rolex GMT Master IIc, Omega Speedmaster Pro, Omega Speedmaster Co-Axial Chrono 9300, Omega Planet Ocean, Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal, IWC Portuguese Chrono, IWC Portofino Chrono, TAG Heuer Carrera Jack Heuer 80 Edition, TAG Heuer Grand Carrera, TAG Heuer Monaco, Grand Seiko SBGR061, Oris Divers 65

Drool.... WANT

I love how the tachymeter on the Jack Heuer edition is underneath the crystal and not on the exterior bezel.
    enricodepaoli likes this.
    "Alterum Alterius Auxilio Eget"
    -Each Needs the Help of the Other-

TAG Heuer Carrera Heritage Calibre 6
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Citizen Nighthawk

Apothecurious and clover4studio, they are both stunning watches!

I have a calibre 16 tachymetre but I love that calibre 6 with the rose gold numbers and hands, beautiful.

Hello There !

I have a Carrera Calibre 16 Day-Date Automatic Chronograph "White Dial" Which I adore !!! It's a Beauty !!!

I haven't been wearing it since last Friday and Today in the morning I was setting the date (Position 2) and the time read around 9:30 (Which I assumed to be Day Time - STUPID ME)... While winding the Crown Knob seemed to slide a bit (I felt like) .... Immediately I pushed out the knob to the Time Setting Position (Position 3) and after winding it I found it to have been on 9:30PM not 9:30AM ....

The watch is functioning normal.
    The DAY changes "Flips" - starts at approx. 10:30pm ends at 11:30pm.
    The DATE changes "Flips" - starts at approx. 10:30pm ends at 12 midnight.

All functions are normal ... However I recall " Not sure though - never monitored it on purpose before " that the process of switching DAY used to take fromaround 9 PM till 12 midnight and DATE till around 2 AM ...

The above switching "flipping" times for DAY and DATE I witnessed while I turned the knob at the Time Setting position (Position 3) through four consecutive full turns of the Hour arm... i.e. two day/date changes.... and in each the flipping times where consistent ( the same) ...

Please .. if anyone has a simlar watch ... could he confirm the changing times of the day / date ... is mine normal ? or i am correct .. it used to take more as stated above .... and now the date slided ( Change ends earlier) .. does it require adjustment ???? If I leave it as is .. will it be OK ? .. no damage will incur with time ?

I got the watch from City Center Mall - Tag Heuer in Doha (Qatar) and currently I am in Lebanon... Honestly I hate giving the watch to any AD to check / open and fiddle inside .. It is still brand new .. I got it on the 5th of June 2012 !!!

Is it possible to contact Tag Heuer Switzerland and send it to them without passing it to an AD ??? will they favor that ?.. or they will advise to send it to the nearest AD ???

Any advice / feedback on the above is much required and highly appreciated ....

Thanks,

Peter
    Last edited by Helios007; September 18th, 2012 at 23:00.

Grabbed my first Carrera this weekend, the CV2010 100m. It has always been one of my favorite Tag's but I never bought one because I thought they were a little too dressy and wouldn't get enough wrist time. Recently a friend bought the CV2014 and after handling it for a while in person, I realized they are more of a tool looking watch than anything else so I decided to go with it.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

Quote Originally Posted by Helios007 View Post
    Hello There !

I have a Carrera Calibre 16 Day-Date Automatic Chronograph "White Dial" Which I adore !!! It's a Beauty !!!

I haven't been wearing it since last Friday and Today in the morning I was setting the date (Position 2) and the time read around 9:30 (Which I assumed to be Day Time - STUPID ME)... While winding the Crown Knob seemed to slide a bit (I felt like) .... Immediately I pushed out the knob to the Time Setting Position (Position 3) and after winding it I found it to have been on 9:30PM not 9:30AM ....

The watch is functioning normal.
    The DAY changes "Flips" - starts at approx. 10:30pm ends at 11:30pm.
    The DATE changes "Flips" - starts at approx. 10:30pm ends at 12 midnight.

All functions are normal ... However I recall " Not sure though - never monitored it on purpose before " that the process of switching DAY used to take fromaround 9 PM till 12 midnight and DATE till around 2 AM ...

The above switching "flipping" times for DAY and DATE I witnessed while I turned the knob at the Time Setting position (Position 3) through four consecutive full turns of the Hour arm... i.e. two day/date changes.... and in each the flipping times where consistent ( the same) ...

Please .. if anyone has a simlar watch ... could he confirm the changing times of the day / date ... is mine normal ? or i am correct .. it used to take more as stated above .... and now the date slided ( Change ends earlier) .. does it require adjustment ???? If I leave it as is .. will it be OK ? .. no damage will incur with time ?

I got the watch from City Center Mall - Tag Heuer in Doha (Qatar) and currently I am in Lebanon... Honestly I hate giving the watch to any AD to check / open and fiddle inside .. It is still brand new .. I got it on the 5th of June 2012 !!!

Is it possible to contact Tag Heuer Switzerland and send it to them without passing it to an AD ??? will they favor that ?.. or they will advise to send it to the nearest AD ???

Any advice / feedback on the above is much required and highly appreciated ....

Thanks,

Peter
    Yours should be OK

I'd like to join the club as well.
    My Carrera Automatic Chronograph finally arrived to me after some travelling over 2 continents.
    First and probably last time I have treated myself to an relatively expensive watch. Catch myself just looking at it and admiring the app. 200 grams of beautiful watchmaking.

Name:  My_Carrera2.jpg
Views: 2223
Size:  226.9 KB

Thanks for a great thread - helped me confirm my choice.

/CPH12

I just had to post this... a new look for my Titanium...

It's the strap from the Monaco Grandprix Limited Edition Carrera Day-Date this pair was meant to be.
    TAG Heuer Collector.

Hidden Content

Page 48 of 150 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Thread Information