The Carrera Club - Page 7
Like Tree2219Likes

Thread: The Carrera Club

Page 7 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 1486
  1. #61
    Moderator enricodepaoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
    Posts
    3,197

    Re: The Carrera Club

    Quote Originally Posted by leongkc View Post
    Hmm.... I did know the saleslady took 2 links off the bracelet in order to fit my hand...is that what you are referring to?
    No, the Carrera bracelet has fives rows of links. Your show only tree, missing the thin ones. These being link 2 and link 4.

    Your bracelet looks like an oyster bracelet that i have not seen on a Carrera yet.
    Hidden Content

    TAG Heuer :
    2000 Classic auto -silver
    S/EL Leather auto -ss/gold
    Formula 1 -1st edition -green
    Kirium F1
    Pure Link bracelet -steel
    Formula 1 ring -steel/black ceramic/dimond

    Heuer :
    Carrera -1st re-issue -solid gold
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975


  2. #62
    Member Wisconsin Proud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,771

    Re: The Carrera Club

    I'm stumped. On one hand, it seems very well finished and since it was sold by a TAG outlet center, I have hard time believing it's not real.

    I'm beginning to wonder if it was some kind of concept/preproduction model that came out in the early 2000s. Yet, not sure why it's 100m WR. Carreras were only 50m water resistant at that time (with clear casebacks). The sub hands with squared pointers have been seen on other TAGs (note the new 300SL).

    Hang onto it until someone knows for sure!!!

  3. #63
    Moderator enricodepaoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
    Posts
    3,197

    Re: The Carrera Club

    there should be a code somewhere on the bracelet clasp... could you read that for us ?? I can't seem to source that bracelet on any other TAG...
    Hidden Content

    TAG Heuer :
    2000 Classic auto -silver
    S/EL Leather auto -ss/gold
    Formula 1 -1st edition -green
    Kirium F1
    Pure Link bracelet -steel
    Formula 1 ring -steel/black ceramic/dimond

    Heuer :
    Carrera -1st re-issue -solid gold
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975


  4. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    206

    Re: The Carrera Club

    Quote Originally Posted by enricodepaoli View Post
    there should be a code somewhere on the bracelet clasp... could you read that for us ?? I can't seem to source that bracelet on any other TAG...
    There are quite a few codes.... These are the ones:
    FAA058
    X-M3
    3162 (at the lugs)

  5. #65
    Moderator enricodepaoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
    Posts
    3,197

    Re: The Carrera Club

    Quote Originally Posted by leongkc View Post
    I have neither the date it was manufactured nor was it ever mentioned it was a special edition. Another variant of this watch in the store is a white dial, with blue hands and looked gorgeous as well.

    I have attached additional caseback pictures. My photography aint good, but hope it helps.

    ok, let's pay attention to some details :

    - you say you bought the watch from an AD. That's a check on the safety checkbox;
    - did it come with all boxes and papers ? nicely documented with the same codes shown on the watch ?
    - this bracelet is unknown to me. So are the codes on it;

    - the CAR2210 code could mean : CAR is a 1887 Carrera Chrono code. If it was CAR2110, this below is the watch that it would be.
    - it seem close and clever, since they are both Carrera and chronographs. The second numeric digit on this code, specifies the watch size. You state your watch is around 39mm. Considering the Carrera 1887 men's size is over 40mm, this second digit on yours being a "2", could very correctly mean it is a 1887 midsize. But....... let's go on :

    - the chrono pushers are not the same ones used by the 1887. These are the classic Carrera pushers. It's ok... nobody said it is a 1887 Carrera !

    - the crown is the correct classic Carrera crown.

    - how about this caseback ?? Would they release a 1887 without a sapphire caseback ? Again, this could be a midsize "non-1887" Carrera. But what movement is in there ?

    - I have not seen this case back on any TAG Heuer. The outer ring of the caseback seems fine, the textured center is new to me. Seems well done, though..

    - I don't remember this clasp either. But this could be just me.

    - The hands seem ok. Classic Carrera hands. The squred sub-dial hands, as previously pointed out, has been seen on TAGs before.


    Could you give us more info ? Boxes ? Papers ? Warranty cards ? Name of the Authorized Dealer...?


    This watch does look very nice, but I suppose it is still unknown to everyone here.


    Thanks !
    Attached Images Attached Images

    mitadoc likes this.
    Hidden Content

    TAG Heuer :
    2000 Classic auto -silver
    S/EL Leather auto -ss/gold
    Formula 1 -1st edition -green
    Kirium F1
    Pure Link bracelet -steel
    Formula 1 ring -steel/black ceramic/dimond

    Heuer :
    Carrera -1st re-issue -solid gold
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975


  6. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    206

    Re: The Carrera Club

    Quote Originally Posted by enricodepaoli View Post
    ok, let's pay attention to some details :

    - you say you bought the watch from an AD. That's a check on the safety checkbox;
    - did it come with all boxes and papers ? nicely documented with the same codes shown on the watch ?
    - this bracelet is unknown to me. So are the codes on it;

    - the CAR2210 code could mean : CAR is a 1887 Carrera Chrono code. If it was CAR2110, this below is the watch that it would be.
    - it seem close and clever, since they are both Carrera and chronographs. The second numeric digit on this code, specifies the watch size. You state your watch is around 39mm. Considering the Carrera 1887 men's size is over 40mm, this second digit on yours being a "2", could very correctly mean it is a 1887 midsize. But....... let's go on :

    - the chrono pushers are not the same ones used by the 1887. These are the classic Carrera pushers. It's ok... nobody said it is a 1887 Carrera !

    - the crown is the correct classic Carrera crown.

    - how about this caseback ?? Would they release a 1887 without a sapphire caseback ? Again, this could be a midsize "non-1887" Carrera. But what movement is in there ?

    - I have not seen this case back on any TAG Heuer. The outer ring of the caseback seems fine, the textured center is new to me. Seems well done, though..

    - I don't remember this clasp either. But this could be just me.

    - The hands seem ok. Classic Carrera hands. The squred sub-dial hands, as previously pointed out, has been seen on TAGs before.


    Could you give us more info ? Boxes ? Papers ? Warranty cards ? Name of the Authorized Dealer...?


    This watch does look very nice, but I suppose it is still unknown to everyone here.


    Thanks !
    Thanks for being so detailed.

    Let me try to answer in order:
    - The watch was bought with both box and papers in order, with the numbers matching both the watch and the warranty card.
    - For those who are in London, the outlet store in question is the one at Bicester Village.
    - The full item lookup code is CAR2210.BA0721
    - The movement is a calibre 16.

    Additional pictures of the box and papers. Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images



    Last edited by leongkc; May 25th, 2011 at 17:58.

  7. #67
    Moderator enricodepaoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
    Posts
    3,197

    Re: The Carrera Club

    well, Outlet Stores are known to carry items that have not been sold while sitting at some AD stores around the world. If you bought this watch there, it must be authentic ! And it could very likely be a model that was only release to a specific market, like Japan or Singapore, for instance. I think you may have scored a very unique Carrera.

    I'd like to wait for others to post any info on it here...

    Thanks for the pictures !
    Hidden Content

    TAG Heuer :
    2000 Classic auto -silver
    S/EL Leather auto -ss/gold
    Formula 1 -1st edition -green
    Kirium F1
    Pure Link bracelet -steel
    Formula 1 ring -steel/black ceramic/dimond

    Heuer :
    Carrera -1st re-issue -solid gold
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975


  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    206

    Re: The Carrera Club

    Quote Originally Posted by enricodepaoli View Post
    well, Outlet Stores are known to carry items that have not been sold while sitting at some AD stores around the world. If you bought this watch there, it must be authentic ! And it could very likely be a model that was only release to a specific market, like Japan or Singapore, for instance. I think you may have scored a very unique Carrera.

    I'd like to wait for others to post any info on it here...

    Thanks for the pictures !
    Strange thing is.. I'm from Singapore. :)
    Anyway, that store has some Monaco's with good prices as well.

  9. #69
    Member Eggsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    178

    Re: The Carrera Club

    There are 2 versions of this watch on sale at the Cheshire Oaks outlet store here in UK. I seen them a few weeks ago. The other one has a white or silver dial.

  10. #70
    Member BenL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    HKG
    Posts
    35,371

    Re: The Carrera Club

    Real beauties.

Page 7 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •