The Carrera Club - Page 8
Like Tree2237Likes

Thread: The Carrera Club

Page 8 of 150 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Re: The Carrera Club

Here are some pics of mine :)

Vincent Kolakowski likes this.

Vincent Kolakowski likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by enricodepaoli View Post
    well, Outlet Stores are known to carry items that have not been sold while sitting at some AD stores around the world. If you bought this watch there, it must be authentic ! And it could very likely be a model that was only release to a specific market, like Japan or Singapore, for instance. I think you may have scored a very unique Carrera.
    I'm new here so maybe this is a dumb question, but is this common that a watch + bracelet is released to a specific market without any information whatsoever on TAG Heuer's website or anywhere else on the web? It just seems strange to me, as if e.g. Volvo would release a car for a specific market that no one had ever heard of, or seen. Is this how the luxury watch industry generally works?
    catch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by djst View Post
    I'm new here so maybe this is a dumb question, but is this common that a watch + bracelet is released to a specific market without any information whatsoever on TAG Heuer's website or anywhere else on the web? It just seems strange to me, as if e.g. Volvo would release a car for a specific market that no one had ever heard of, or seen. Is this how the luxury watch industry generally works?
    Not strange at all. Also, some companies have separate websites depending on what country you are in.

Often times, small batches are specially made for a "customer" in a localized area. Assuming the watch was not available in other countries, TAG won't put it on their global website. This somewhat prevents people from inquiring about a watch not exported to the customer's country.

Watches in this category will eventually show up on forums as we are global. In a roundabout way, you could get a watch through a friend or an AD who is willing to go the extra mile to aquire the piece for you.

A recent example is the grey Monaco Gulf whcih was not officially exported to the USA. However, various outlets now have them available but not generally through US ADs (grey market, etc)

Welcome to the forum!

Page 8 of 150 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread Information