The Carrera Mikropendulum and MikropendulumS won the Special "Coup de Coeur" prize
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Carrera Mikropendulum and MikropendulumS won the Special "Coup de Coeur" prize

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picture The Carrera Mikropendulum and MikropendulumS won the Special "Coup de Coeur" prize

On 25 October 2013, during the prestigious Watch of the Year evening organized by the Ringier Group in Geneva, TAG Heuer was acclaimed by an audience of over 450 personalities from the world of watchmaking and from communications. The Carrera Mikropendulum and MikropendulumS were awarded the best watches of the year by the public.

Name:  MIKROPENDULUM.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  45.8 KB

Forever at the forefront of Haute Horlogerie, TAG Heuer doubled down at this year's Baselworld watch fair by unveiling the world’s first magnetic chronograph accurate to 1/100th of a second and the world's first double magnetic tourbillon.
    Like all models in the Mikro range, these exceptional timepieces both feature a dual chain: one for the watch and one for the chronograph. The Mikropendulum is regulated by a classic spring balance oscillating at 28,800 vibrations per hour (4 Hz ) for setting the time and a magnetic pendulum clocked at 360,000 vibrations per hour (50 Hz), which allows the chronograph to be accurate to 1/100th of a second.

The MikropendulumS, presented at BaselWorld as a concept piece, consists of a double tourbillon inspired by the MikrotourbillonS, which TAG Heuer unveiled in 2012. Each tourbillon has its own pendulum: the watch beats at a frequency of 12 Hz and the chronograph at 50 Hz.

Visit the TAG Heuer website
    Richerson likes this.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Hidden Content

Re: The Carrera Mikropendulum and MikropendulumS won the Special "Coup de Coeur" prize

Great info - thanks for sharing

Re: The Carrera Mikropendulum and MikropendulumS won the Special "Coup de Coeur" prize

Tag is making some really awesome movements. The rest of WUS seems to think all they have are quartz movements
    BMWRINO likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Tag is making some really awesome movements. The rest of WUS seems to think all they have are quartz movements
    things within tag are changing and quartz movements will be phased out over the next 2-3 years and only automatics will remain, they are setting themselves up to move into the current omega price range as omega keep attacking the rolex market.

Quote Originally Posted by Richerson View Post
    things within tag are changing and quartz movements will be phased out over the next 2-3 years and only automatics will remain, they are setting themselves up to move into the current omega price range as omega keep attacking the rolex market.
    Lemmings...
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    Lemmings...
    Yep I agree, the Quartz f1 range has seen some great watches, it's a pity that tag watches will soon become very expensive

Yep I agree, the Quartz f1 range has seen some great watches, it's a pity that tag watches will soon become very expensive
    You mean all TAG watches?
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch Series 2 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    You mean all TAG watches?
    Yes all the quartz models will stop, I personally like the F1 quartz, no sure about the caliber S movement

Yes all the quartz models will stop, I personally like the F1 quartz, no sure about the caliber S movement
    I only like the Aquaracer series as I'm a fan of dive watches. I've not seen the F1 autos yet but their quartz ones are rather awesome, especially the FIA model (is it FIA?).
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch Series 2 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

The current Tag Heuer F1 quartz line up is very thin on the ground

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information