Crown stripped! Aquaracer WAN2110 (Amazon.com purchase)
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Crown stripped! Aquaracer WAN2110 (Amazon.com purchase)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I purchases my TAG Aquaracer WAN2110 from Amazon.com early March 2012. It was gently used (not any major damage done to it) and rotated with various other watches of other makes. It began to act up about 3 months ago (It wasn't keeping its regular +3secs a day anymore and the power reserve was at a stunning 12 hours and the crown always had that "rough" feel like others have reported). I contacted Amazon about warranty repair and they had me send it in to Swinford for repair, which also cost me about $25 to ship. I got it back within 4 weeks and it seemed ok, except the crown now felt real soft. I didn't use it much since getting it back and earlier tonight the crown stripped as I was getting ready to leave to a work event.

Not happy...
    Let's see how amazon responds to me tomorrow.

Re: Crown stripped! Aquaracer WAN2110 (Amazon.com purchase)

Not sure what to say to this.
    There has never been too many reports of issue with the WAN models with regards to their crown but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. I mean, if one parts supplier provided a batch of bad parts then surely that same supplier could equally have made the same bad parts for other watches.

The bit I wanted to make note of is this. TAG Heuer haven't exactly demonstrated that they have been that efficient in alerting their own network of the problems with the 500m model and this would also seem to apply to the withdrawal of faulty parts. Those that have had the updated fix do seem to be remedied by it.

However, in your case, it was an Amazon sale and an Amazon warranty fix. Were the guys who repaired it a TAG Heuer recognised/supplied service centre?

My concern would also be more towards the behaviour of the watch. Time keeping and reserve doesn't dramatically change without something causing it.
    Last edited by drunken monkey; December 6th, 2012 at 04:04.

Amazon giving me the run around...

Details as soon as I get more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Plat0 View Post
    Amazon giving me the run around...

Details as soon as I get more info.
    risk/reward.....
    Perseus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Proud View Post
    risk/reward.....
    Save it bro...
    TISSOT PRX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plat0 View Post
    Save it bro...
    No one is happy that your watch is broken but lets remember we're all friends here. Did Wisc pour some salt on the wound? Maybe, but that doesn't mean it's not true.

I hope it all works out for you.

It occurs to me that my point was maybe a little lost in my previous point.

Short version.
    Is there any way you can ensure that whatever part was used to make the repair is the latest available part?

I'm not certain of TAG Heuer's policy on supplying non-affiliated third parties with parts and if there is a newer part in circulation, it may have only been distributed among their associates.

I happen to have bought mine from Amazon and I have not yet encountered an issue with my crown although I won't be surprised if and when I do, but they have already told me that we will deal with it when the situation arises (if it does). Honestly the response from Amazon's jewelry department didn't really spark confidence so I hope to not encounter this issue

Above is your quote from a couple months ago. Clearly you understood the risk and you even had doubts whether Amazon would cover it yet you still bought from them because of price alone.

I certainly don't want anyone to have a defective watch but when someone buys gray, then rips the seller, then it raises my brow a bit.
    Ozy, Toothbras, pacific17 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Proud View Post
    I happen to have bought mine from Amazon and I have not yet encountered an issue with my crown although I won't be surprised if and when I do, but they have already told me that we will deal with it when the situation arises (if it does). Honestly the response from Amazon's jewelry department didn't really spark confidence so I hope to not encounter this issue

Above is your quote from a couple months ago. Clearly you understood the risk and you even had doubts whether Amazon would cover it yet you still bought from them because of price alone.

I certainly don't want anyone to have a defective watch but when someone buys gray, then rips the seller, then it raises my brow a bit.
    I did understand the risk, but that isn't the issue. Unfortunately, I had realized that the crown issue had leaked into my model as well (other than the infamous 500M crown debacle). Had I known that I would have skipped this purchase altogether. An oversight on my part? Yes, but that's not the point. The point is that Amazon assured me that they would deal with this situation if and when it comes up and now they seem to be backtracking on that promise. Am I to be satisfied with that? I came here to inform future Amazon TAG customers of what may await them. This thread had no need for your snide remarks. So again...

Save it bro.

i have read alot about crown stripping issues with 500m AR.
    is this crown issue only limited to WAJ models? or also the CAJ chronos...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information