Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread! - Page 16
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread!

Page 16 of 324 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Re: Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread!

Hello everyone,

Looking at this particular auction: BRAND NEW AUTHENTIC TAG HEUER MONACO BLUE CALIBRE 12 AUTOMATIC NO RESERVE | eBay

Seller says he guarantees the authenticity of the watch or that he'll issue a full refund.

I intend to take it to a dealer like DeJaun or Ben Bridge to have them verify it.

Anyone have any input of their own, while I await delivery?

The best check is not the case or dial, it is the movement. No pics of that... Good luck!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Hello, this is a great forum and I am glad I found you, my first question...is this real?or must I embarrass myself by taking into a jewellers.Thank you
    It is stainless steel but the flash makes it appear to be black

Last edited by MaxL; July 3rd, 2012 at 18:40.

When you refer to the movement, what exactly are you referring to? The internal equipment? Sorry...this is my first major watch purchase...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlicus View Post
    When you refer to the movement, what exactly are you referring to? The internal equipment? Sorry...this is my first major watch purchase...
    Yes. I guess it's called a movement because that's the part of the watch that moves?? Sometimes it's called the calibre or caliber.

You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

I hope I'm putting a post about a well dodgy eBay watch for sale in the right thread

Tagheuer 1000 | eBay

I feel a bit sorry for someone who spent £205 on a previous buy Tagheuer SLR300 | eBay

Is this Cyma is a franken? I suspect so, because it's been on sale for a while, as well as some other elements that don't feel like they add up (though I fall for watches as a designer rather than as a purist.) But I don't have the experience to really know. I'd The specs from the seller are:

CYMA .
    Dial diameter: 41mm.
    Case wide: 45mm
    Wide with crown: 48mm
    Case long from lug to lug: 50mm .

The watch is in good working condition.

I'm wondering if I should be concerned about what looks to be a space around the movement in the top left.
    I'm a newbie (to watches as well as the forum), so I'm sorry if this sounds like an obvious question but: I should make a new thread to ask questions about the dial, right?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gotcha...I didn't want to assume the front facing part of the watch like a smart ass :)

I'll post pics upon delivery...should be this Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by Debora View Post
    Is this Cyma is a franken? I...
    I don't think TAGHeuer has anything to do with Cyma. It is a Swatch Group company, not a LVMH company. Try the Vintage forum. That is a better place to ask.

And Welcome to WUS... it's arranged by topic forums. (Since I moderate in Vintage too, I'll give you my prepost answer, the dial looks hinky to me!) ... but take it to Vintage.

Page 16 of 324 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Thread Information