Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread! - Page 23
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread!

Page 23 of 326 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Re: Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread!

This is the 'fake busters' thread. Your post would be better placed in the I've got buyers remorse thread
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Hi sashaunl, going off your description and the images you have provided I would say your TAG Heuer is real.

Calibre 24
    Last edited by Calibre 24; July 26th, 2012 at 13:07.

I am new here, if I were to bring a Formula 1 I am considering buying to a Tag Heuer AD, could they confirm if it is real or not . Otherwise does it need to be sent out to be authenicated.
    Thanks for any replies

Quote Originally Posted by bostontim View Post
    I am new here, if I were to bring a Formula 1 I am considering buying to a Tag Heuer AD, could they confirm if it is real or not . Otherwise does it need to be sent out to be authenticated.
    Thanks for any replies
    No doubt an AD will know more about the watch than you currently do so that is a good step. You can post good pics (especially of the insides!!) and the forum crew can comment.

I'm not sure where you would send a watch for authentication unless you are willing to pay for the service. And I assure you that service is normally for watches far more expensive than F1s... so will probably cost what you paid for the F1.

You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Hi all,

Hoping I can get some advice on a particular watch. It was my fathers, he has a collection of fake and authentic watches. Some boxed, some with certs, .. just a real big box of mess.

I took a couple to the jewellers and they said one was real one was fake and that they will normally destroy any fakes, so I really don't want to take this one I am going to show you to them just incase they smash it. I really like it. If it is a fake then I will certainly be buying the genuine version of it.

Here it is:

Name:  photo1.JPG
Views: 938
Size:  83.6 KB
    Name:  photo2.JPG
Views: 958
Size:  94.9 KB
    Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 971
Size:  78.3 KB

Cheers guys,

Danny.

Quote Originally Posted by dboulter View Post
    Name:  photo2.JPG
Views: 958
Size:  94.9 KB
    Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 971
Size:  78.3 KB

Cheers guys,

Danny.
    This watch is still available... from a Chinese site for $110... Fake. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    This watch is still available... from a Chinese site for $110... Fake. Sorry.
    Ahh that is a shame, feels really heavy, The strap also feels really good all the links move etc.. So what watch is it supposed to be and do tag still make and sell it? I bet the real one is amazing if this fake feels pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by wilderbeest View Post
    Another day, another fake TAG Heuer ...

This one has a fake Chinese Valjoux 7750 (as I guess most of them do).

Detailed thread with pics is here: Repair: fake TAG Heuer Grand Carrera / fake Valjoux 7750 | Watch Guy

Enjoy,

Christian
    The misspelling of "swiss" on the hammer is a pretty good giveaway. Also looks like there is lack of anti-reflective coating.

Quote Originally Posted by dboulter View Post
    Ahh that is a shame, feels really heavy, The strap also feels really good all the links move etc.. So what watch is it supposed to be and do tag still make and sell it? I bet the real one is amazing if this fake feels pretty good.
    It's a Monaco fake. Monacos are still made but not with that white dial. Go to tagheuer.com to see current models.

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and just happened to stumble on it while researching a couple of watches I just bought. I would like to know your thoughts about the two watches in the links below. Are they real or are they fake? These are my first Tag watches. I have always wanted one, but have been on more of a Seiko budget. I picked both up for what seemed like good deals. I am interested to hear your opinions on authenticity.

TAG Heuer 1/10 Chronograph Professional 200m Gold/SS/Men's Diver Watch!!!! | eBay

TAG Heuer - Professional Watch, Chronograph - Two-Tone, 200, WK1121-0 | eBay

Page 23 of 326 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information