Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread! - Page 29
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread!

Page 29 of 327 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Re: Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread!

If only You could tell me - is there any chance it is real thing - I am not willing to pay any money for false tag

TAG is constantly coming out with new Carrera versions. For some reason the finish on this does not look right and the subdial positions also do not. If you want absolute peace of mind, you should consider an Authorized Dealer, or at least a very reputable reseller. It will pay, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ruqash View Post
    If only You could tell me - is there any chance it is real thing - I am not willing to pay any money for false tag
    Hidden Content

TAG Heuer :
    2000 Classic auto -silver
    S/EL Leather auto -ss/gold
    Formula 1 -1st edition -green
    Kirium F1
    Pure Link bracelet -steel
    Formula 1 ring -steel/black ceramic/dimond

Heuer :
    Carrera -1st re-issue -solid gold
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975

Thank You for Your reply. I probably gonna request more pictures of this particular one and send it straight away to Tag Heuer to get their opinion. Price of this one is like 600$ less then usual price of Carrera so it is not kind of 'once-in-a-lifetime-offer".

But still, thank You again for your help!

sure! just watchout... 600 off for a fake is still very expensive!

Thank You for Your reply. I probably gonna request more pictures of this particular one and send it straight away to Tag Heuer to get their opinion. Price of this one is like 600$ less then usual price of Carrera so it is not kind of 'once-in-a-lifetime-offer".

But still, thank You again for your help!
    Hidden Content

TAG Heuer :
    2000 Classic auto -silver
    S/EL Leather auto -ss/gold
    Formula 1 -1st edition -green
    Kirium F1
    Pure Link bracelet -steel
    Formula 1 ring -steel/black ceramic/dimond

Heuer :
    Carrera -1st re-issue -solid gold
    Monaco -1st re-issue
    trackmaster 1975

Help me out I've just found this chronograph. It's said to be real Tag Heuer but still there is no info no info about year of make etc. I do not have more pictures unfortunatelly but I'll be picking up it in person so if you Can't tell which model is it or whether is it fake or not just tell me which can it be or what to check at first.

Cheers, Rukasz
    First of all, I'm pretty new here at this forum and no expert, but there are a lot of strange things here...
    - The plastic wrap around the bracelet. Never seen that on an authentic Tag Heuer before. I guess that could just be the seller trying to prevent scratches...
    - The sub-dials, as previously mentioned, are positioned very close to the center. I'm assuming this should be a 41mm watch, and if so, the sub-dials should be positioned further out from the center. They just look cramped and awkward on this watch.
    - Also, what's up with the numbering on the sub-dials? You'd think this would be a regular cal. 16 watch, with small seconds at 9, minutes at 12 and hours at 6. Instead, the small seconds dial goes up to a value of 7...? The minute dial goes to 12 and the hour dial goes to 24? Shouldn't a normal cal. 16 Carrera have 30 minute and 12 hours sub-dials, respectively?
    - Finally, the date doesn't seem to really fill out the date window, which I believe it should do. I.e., the numbers are a bit on the small side.

Just my 2 cents, and my first attempt at dissecting pictures of a Tag :)

Name:  7871338058_f1905f6955_b.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  430.3 KBName:  7871336746_b02249a047_b.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  343.3 KBName:  7871335666_7ab94ee3f1_b.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  413.6 KB
    a few pics of new purchase - anything look off about this? (not original strap obviously, but one i liked and replaced when i got watch)

hi forum members -

need your help to confirm whether this watch is real or fake (pics attached). model is WG111C. there is another code just below the WG line that reads WL9426. got it from a local person who claimed to bought from Saks Fifth Avenue. your help is very appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by salicaria View Post
    hi forum members -

need your help to confirm whether this watch is real or fake (pics attached). model is WG111C. there is another code just below the WG line that reads WL9426. got it from a local person who claimed to bought from Saks Fifth Avenue. your help is very appreciated
    Looks real but movement pics would help confirm...
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thanks a lot.

New Purchase, have some questions

Hey all,

I bought this the other night online without box and papers. I haven't had a chance to take it into my jeweler and have him take a look at it yet. I was curious if anyone has access to a list of serial numbers for the CT2111 model? I'm just trying to verify its authenticity. I've had other TAG's and it passes all my visual tests without cracking the back open, but this is the first watch I've ever bought used, let alone without papers so I'm trying to set my mind at ease. Any help that any of you might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

BrianName:  IMG_6702.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  200.0 KB
    Hidden Content Link 200m
    Seiko Sumo SBDC001
    Seiko SKX173 200m Diver
    Seiko 6139-6001 Chronograph
    Deep Blue Ocean Diver 500m (SOLD)
    Helson Shark Diver 500m ETA
    Oris Depth Gauge
    Suunto Core

Page 29 of 327 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Thread Information